What's new

Anyone worried about the Donovan media tour?

So we need a poll of how many butthurt members hate a certain thread but continue to post in it.. is that a regular occurrence on jazzfanz? I mean God forbid they spend there time elsewhere

Instead of locking himself in the basement playing role play video games where he pretends to be an orc... he is getting out there and making friends and getting more exposure.

Dude was crazy focused his first season... watched like every game before the season started... don’t worry about him... he’s good.

I'm not worried at all. What he's doing is what he should do. Taking care of these things now before we get closer to the season. This kid deserves a month off from basketball. He did a lot this season, and I fully believe the team put him in that boot and didn't clear him tell a week ago because they want his *** to relax. Not that this can actually be all that relaxing, the constant travel and media has to be a real grind especially staying as happy and upbeat as he always is.

It is not even July yet. I mean really.......this is no time for concern.....like none. He was cleared a week ago, he's building his brand, which is a very big thing in a small market. It's pretty obvious the Jazz trust Donovan. Donovan knows where his success will come from, and that's from the grind of becoming a consistent super star. He will be that, I don't doubt him.

I've been thinking about it since the end of the season. On one hand, we've heard nothing but the very best things about him as a person since he got here, so why be worried fame and fortune will go to his head? On another note, he's been out of Utah for at least a month and a half? Game 5 was May 8th. But also keep in mind, preseason doesn't start until October-ish. He really has like two full calendar months before really mandatory basketball stuff happens. Let him live his best life, because he's making our fandom that much more enjoyable.

We don't know everything about the guy AND we shouldn't expect to AND we don't deserve to know anything, really.

That being said, I'd love to see him back at ZBBC very very soon. I can absolutely buy that the whole reason he's been traveling has been to keep his mind off of his injury. Also, Adidas is sponsoring most of his travels from what I gather. If we want a signature shoe... this is how it happens. It's gotta sell globally. And a global superstar in Utah? Unprecedented in this information age.

Just keep in mind, we are blessed to watch him represent us AND go to bat for us. And we get to enjoy that for the next several years.

Bask in it.

Pretty sure people are allowed to take vacations every once in a while. I mean, we were only in the play offs over a month ago

Yes i am concerned. Its clear Adidas is riding this kid to glory. Im concerned if Adidas tells him to shoot more, or pass less or force a trade to the knicks.

On the other hand I look forward to adidas arranging other clients to come play with Spida in Utah.

Read a report that Lebron had decided to join the Jazz, but then went on Mitchell's IG and saw no shirtless workout videos so he changed his mind.

There is video evidence that it happened at the game his son almost dunked. You saw him wearing a Jazz hat in one video, but then he changed it. That was the moment.