What's new

Anything is Possible Now

If we got Ayton for cheaper (say 2/30) and
gave up next to nothing for him, could we get Durant and Lebron?!!!

Bogey and two firsts for Durant
Conley and two firsts for Lebron

Mitchell-Butler
Beverley-Clarkson
Durant-Beasley
Lebron-Vanderbilt
Ayton-Kessler

How does that team not win two titles?

Lol
Hear me out brother. The Lakers know they're going nowhere with the current squad, and they know times ticking on Davis' trade value. They also know LeBron could be lost for nothing. They need draft picks for the impending rebuild.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking something like this is happening. Ainge is a magician. He's like that car sales manager that walks out the sales tower and just lays it all out there to close the deal. He just gets **** done.

This is a big year for Cleveland. If they’re sort of stagnant, I wonder if we could trade Don for Garland and 2-3 1sts. Or more.

It really doesn’t make a ton of sense to trade Don yet IMO. Unless we got a haul. Barrett, Toppin, (I guess Fournier too unfortunately), 4 1sts. Or something. Otherwise, I’d wait. There are always teams like Cleveland, the Pels, and others who are fringe playoff teams and have grander aspirations who stumble and could maybe be had for an insane haul later on.

DO IT RIGHT. BLOW IT UP NOW

Utah cannot play without Gobert. 30th defense. Players' value will only plummet.
People in Utah will still watch their young talent. No need to keep DM around just to sell tickets. The new TV deal can take care of the rebuilding cost.

No more half-*** tanks like the big5 below.
I want a full merciless ruthless rebuilding that will enable to amass top tier players/assets.

Last time:
jazz_100113~16.jpg

This has probably already been posted somewhere, but on the Hoops Collective podcast they seem pretty convinced that Don is gone. MacMahon said he doesn't think he's on the roster when the season starts, or at least by the trade deadline. They also discussed a possible 3 team trade sending Durrant to the Suns, Ayton and a bunch of picks to the Jazz, and Mitchell, Bridges and Johnson to the Nets.

This has probably already been posted somewhere, but on the Hoops Collective podcast they seem pretty convinced that Don is gone. MacMahon said he doesn't think he's on the roster when the season starts, or at least by the trade deadline. They also discussed a possible 3 team trade sending Durrant to the Suns, Ayton and a bunch of picks to the Jazz, and Mitchell, Bridges and Johnson to the Nets.

I’d rather come out if that deal with Bridges and
Johnson. If we keep Mitchell I’m all for getting Ayton.

I’d rather come out if that deal with Bridges and
Johnson. If we keep Mitchell I’m all for getting Ayton.

Yeah, I don't really understand the point of getting Ayton if we trade Mitchell. I guess we could ship him off for more picks down the road.

Yeah, I don't really understand the point of getting Ayton if we trade Mitchell. I guess we could ship him off for more picks down the road.
He's the former #1 overall. It's like when we got Favors, who was #3 overall. You acquire him to develop him into a potential superstar.

Ayton being pushed quickly into a contending team has stunted his growth. I guarantee if we tank, and we acquire Ayton he's going to put up insane numbers, and develop the correct way. It's really hard to develop your game when the expectations for your team are to be a contender.

It's baffling that people really expect us to have no core pieces into a rebuild. Washington had Beal putting up crazy numbers, yet they were still one of the worse teams in the league. Just because Ayton might put up 25/15 for us doesn't mean we're going to win games.

Ayton being pushed quickly into a contending team has stunted his growth. I guarantee if we tank, and we acquire Ayton he's going to put up insane numbers, and develop the correct way. It's really hard to develop your game when the expectations for your team are to be a contender.

It's baffling that people really expect us to have no core pieces into a rebuild. Washington had Beal putting up crazy numbers, yet they were still one of the worse teams in the league. Just because Ayton might put up 25/15 for us doesn't mean we're going to win games.
You are spot on about Ayton. Once they made the Paul trade it completely changed the development process of Ayton with 2 ball dominant guards. He became more of a standard role to the hoop big like Gobert and Deandre Jordan which he is very good at but the focus on developing the rest of his game offensively kind of went away.

You are spot on about Ayton. Once they made the Paul trade it completely changed the development process of Ayton with 2 ball dominant guards. He became more of a standard role to the hoop big like Gobert and Deandre Jordan which he is very good at but the focus on developing the rest of his game offensively kind of went away.
The IQ around JazzFanz has fell off the past few years I tell ya. Not many peoplevsee the jackpot that could be in DA. The Suns don't want Ayton anymore because they don't have time to develop him. You bring him into a rebuilding team he's going to develop correctly, and become a dominant force on all levels of the floor.

Imagine Ayton develops a 3pt shot, he refines his back to basket game.. He has the potential to develop into an MVP caliber player, he just needs to have the training wheels taken off and given free reign.

Get Ayton, maybe another young player like Herro and start building around them. 2-3 years with a lot to pick or two we will be back at the top.

DO IT RIGHT. BLOW IT UP NOW

Utah cannot play without Gobert. 30th defense. Players' value will only plummet.
People in Utah will still watch their young talent. No need to keep DM around just to sell tickets. The new TV deal can take care of the rebuilding cost.

No more half-*** tanks like the big5 below.
I want a full merciless ruthless rebuilding that will enable to amass top tier players/assets.

Last time:
jazz_100113~16.jpg
That was fun. I loved watching those young guys. That team was never any good though.

Plus he is only 23 and really talented. Plenty of time to use those picks while also developing Ayton and the team sucking and making our own picks better.

Like I dont see it as a really bad thing to have an extremely young and extremely talented prospect with a ton of potential while you are doing a full rebuild. What is bad about that?