What's new

Game Thread Apr 02, 2022 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Warriors

Added to Calendar: 04-02-22

Royce has always been a non-factor offensively, nothings really changed there, but it feels like his defense has gotten significantly worse this season.
In his defense, he gets set up to fail an absurd amount by Quin.

He's extremely poor at defending guards and navigating screens, and is asked to do both those things often.

In his defense, he gets set up to fail an absurd amount by Quin.

He's extremely poor at defending guards and navigating screens, and is asked to do both those things often.

He sucks and Quin putting him in those spots makes him look even worse.

Mitchell plays differently when the game is going poorly or when it's a close game late.

It's a massive reason why we have the worst record in the NBA in games we are trailing by double digits and are abysmal in the clutch.
This team is just horrible when seeing any kind of adversity. If the other team goes on a run, that run isn't stopping. If it puts the other team up by 10, we're not coming back. If we had the lead when the run comes, we're losing that lead in a hurry. Embarrassingly weak when it comes to mental side of things and it's clear that over time it's only gotten worse, not better.

Look at Whiteside....we hadn't scored in 6 minutes and this is why. The offense breaks down into Mitchell, Conley, and sometimes Bogey taking turns going 1v5. All three are horrified to be having the ball in their hands when it's crunch time.
I disagree for Mike. I follow Grizz since th GNG area and Mike take the winning shoot so many times that i stop to count. This team are a really management problem in crunch time. And only the coach can fixed that. Don will never be a money time player.

The only confidence I have in this team is that I have unshakable confidence we will find new and different ways to **** up and give up 20 point leads…

It’s seriously hilarious at this point… a close game the other night and Don blows an easy layup, the timeout, the offensive goaltend tonight and the botched outlet pass… amazing!!! It honestly requires so much connectivity and the team has to be on the same page… because if any of them do well or make competent decisions we will win. I mean seriously one or two good things and you win and between all 5 guys we are like nah only dumb **** from here on!!!!

Was sitting with my in laws watching this after the Duke UNC game and when we were up 16 and the ball bounces funny and they get a three I was like “well that’s it… all it takes is one thing to go wrong… we will lose this game guaranteed…” they all laughed “I said no… I’m serious… we will lose this game.”

At least the Jazz make me look kinda smart… silver linings bitches!

This team is just horrible when seeing any kind of adversity. If the other team goes on a run, that run isn't stopping. If it puts the other team up by 10, we're not coming back. If we had the lead when the run comes, we're losing that lead in a hurry. Embarrassingly weak when it comes to mental side of things and it's clear that over time it's only gotten worse, not better.
It’s not even a run… it’s literally like one thing and then we turn to ****. It’s the only consistent thing about us. PTSD from the clips collapse I guess.

We need a purge… including Ainge… Quin… Rudy… Don… all teh players… the ball boy… the clock operator has needed to get **** canned for a while… the usher in lower bowl section E is cool but everyone else is fired.

There was one where he had Poole that was even worse… this is where all the people that said it’s cool that Don and Rudy don’t like each other as long as they can work together it’s okay… They don’t trust each other… they do need to like each other to get the best out of each other.

The only confidence I have in this team is that I have unshakable confidence we will find new and different ways to **** up and give up 20 point leads…

It’s seriously hilarious at this point… a close game the other night and Don blows an easy layup, the timeout, the offensive goaltend tonight and the botched outlet pass… amazing!!! It honestly requires so much connectivity and the team has to be on the same page… because if any of them do well or make competent decisions we will win. I mean seriously one or two good things and you win and between all 5 guys we are like nah only dumb **** from here on!!!!

Was sitting with my in laws watching this after the Duke UNC game and when we were up 16 and the ball bounces funny and they get a three I was like “well that’s it… all it takes is one thing to go wrong… we will lose this game guaranteed…” they all laughed “I said no… I’m serious… we will lose this game.”

At least the Jazz make me look kinda smart… silver linings bitches!
It’s not even a run… it’s literally like one thing and then we turn to ****. It’s the only consistent thing about us. PTSD from the clips collapse I guess.

We need a purge… including Ainge… Quin… Rudy… Don… all teh players… the ball boy… the clock operator has needed to get **** canned for a while… the usher in lower bowl section E is cool but everyone else is fired.

It's the dumbest **** too. Like Royce throwing a random pick six that takes a 17 point lead to 15. The other team making one tough 3.

On the brightside, I'm kinda looking forward to Gobert playing for the Hawks. They will essentially become Jazz east, but this time with a tougher mental and the perfect PG for him. He deserves better than this **** house franchise.

It's mostly Royce dying on screens, not switching after, and leaving Gobert out to die.

If Gobert closes hard on Klay, it's a layup for Draymond.

Royce shouldn't have been in the game. He just shouldn't have.

Which hurts us more at that point a potential layup or a wide open three for Klay?