What's new

Game Thread Apr 08, 2022 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-08-22

For all the Boozer fans on here. Lol

Boozer is my one of favorite Jazz players of all-time. The amount of hate he gets on here is ridiculous. He is easily our best and biggest free agent signing ever.

He averaged 19.3 PPG, 10.5 RPG and 2.9 APG on 54.4% from the field in 354 games for us. That is amazing.

In the 2007 playoffs which is the last time we made the WCF he averaged 23.5 PPG, 12.2 RPG, 2.9 APG on 53.6% from the field in 17 games.

Absolute beast and a walking 20/10 every single night. I loved watching him play.

Given the large break between regular season and post season I guess I'm ok with playing everyone. They should play limited minutes though, maybe just the first half.

I loved Boozer screaming "AND 1" constantly
Or “gimme dat!!!!” Or “get it Jo”

Booze was a good time. Had some injuries and kinda had that weird interview and had eyes for Chicago/Miami while he was here. Was a fun era and not sure why he gets hate. Just super random and weird timing I guess.

Or “gimme dat!!!!” Or “get it Jo”

Booze was a good time. Had some injuries and kinda had that weird interview and had eyes for Chicago/Miami while he was here. Was a fun era and not sure why he gets hate. Just super random and weird timing I guess.
Hahahaha.

If Boozer didn't yell all the time, I might have liked him more. Damn good player though.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Boozer is my one of favorite Jazz players of all-time. The amount of hate he gets on here is ridiculous. He is easily our best and biggest free agent signing ever.

He averaged 19.3 PPG, 10.5 RPG and 2.9 APG on 54.4% from the field in 354 games for us. That is amazing.

In the 2007 playoffs which is the last time we made the WCF he averaged 23.5 PPG, 12.2 RPG, 2.9 APG on 53.6% from the field in 17 games.

Absolute beast and a walking 20/10 every single night. I loved watching him play.
I hope people have come around to the pure, hard fact that Boozer was ****ing great.

How people could love Memo so much and hate Boozer so much simultaneously when their basketball weaknesses were the same will be forever mind-blowing. I don't care that Boozer was kind of a douche, that's probably the case with the majority of NBA players, even the scrubs.

I hope people have come around to the pure, hard fact that Boozer was ****ing great.

How people could love Memo so much and hate Boozer so much simultaneously when their basketball weaknesses were the same will be forever mind-blowing. I don't care that Boozer was kind of a douche, that's probably the case with the majority of NBA players, even the scrubs.

THANK YOU. My god that is one of the biggest double standards I’ve seen among Jazz fans.

THANK YOU. My god that is one of the biggest double standards I’ve seen among Jazz fans.
On my list of pet peeves, it's right next to Millsap - a guy who has had a career probably even better than Boozer and did nothing to deserve anyone's ire - being "too short lol". Of course, these were often the same Jazz fans that may not have ever spelled his name correctly which solves the mystery of how someone could watch one of the Jazz greats while somehow still thinking he was not be tall enough to play basketball.

Jazz don't need to win this. If they want to hold off Denver and take the 5-seed, they can beat Portland in their final game.

I think the hate comes from him saying he’s getting a raise when he’s hurt and openly flirting with Miami and Chicago… we honestly didn’t want to re-sign him at that point and he was the biggest free agent signing ever… so people should chill out.

It’s just super random and kinda weird timing… so I was like wut????

I think the hate comes from him saying he’s getting a raise when he’s hurt and openly flirting with Miami and Chicago… we honestly didn’t want to re-sign him at that point and he was the biggest free agent signing ever… so people should chill out.

It’s just super random and kinda weird timing… so I was like wut????
I think the hate came from the fact he chose to play 0 defense. He literally moved out of the way and said that he and Dwill were doing all the offense work so the rest of the guys need to cover the defense. But he was really great on offense, his pick and roll game was amazing and he hit big shots and had some huge playoff series.

What was his claim when he punched the wall obviously and broke his hand? Tripped when the pizza guy came and punched the floor? He was a strange dude.

My feelings on Boozer have changed a lot. When Karl left, I was ready for him to go and anxious to get into the rebuild with what was a really hyped Kirilenko at the time. I left on a mission midway through that first season (had attended every game up until the end of January) and followed as much as I could over my mission from box scores and news headlines. When we signed him and Okur I thought it was a solid off-season. I remember when he came out in the draft and a lot of people wanted him but then there was report about work ethic. I soured on him (during draft) but then he was putting up pretty good numbers for a second round pick and I was thinking I was totally wrong on him. Anyway, fast forward to February ‘06 and I got back from a mission and watched us finish out that season. I really liked what I saw from our pieces, liked Deron, liked Okur, and did feel Boozer was the low post presence I’d been wanting since Karl left. He only averaged 16.3 and 8.6 that year ended up closing the season with numerous 20/10 games. I felt that was closer to who he was and some people joked about people thinking he was a 20/10 guy. Anyway, we had a great WCF run and the rest of that was history. Some time over the next year I started to have the same frustrations with him that I had with Malone and the over reliance on the jump shot. It became predictable, especially down the stretch. Have the ball on the elbow, do a couple mild pump fakes, then shoot a jumper. It became frustrating as we kept going to that down the stretch rather than more ball movement. It’s kinda like our frustrations with Quin and insisting on Royce or letting Donovan do his predictable things. I was ready for him to move on because I thought Millsap would fill in better, which people also thought was silly.

After WCF, I completely fell out with AK. Had such a lackluster year and wasn’t tough enough mentally to bring things that could have taken us over the top as a team. My frustrations with Boozer a year or so later kinda grew out of those same sentiments with AK. Over time (and more so like the past couple years) I’ve looked back on it and view Boozer as a likable guy and no real animosity. It’s kinda like OJ. Has anyone followed his social takes on twitter? AK, on the other hand.

Tl;dr I’m over it. Wish the best for Booz. He’s in the Jazz fam.