What's new

Game Thread Apr 08, 2022 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 04-08-22

THANK YOU. My god that is one of the biggest double standards I’ve seen among Jazz fans.
What double standard?
On my list of pet peeves, it's right next to Millsap - a guy who has had a career probably even better than Boozer and did nothing to deserve anyone's ire - being "too short lol". Of course, these were often the same Jazz fans that may not have ever spelled his name correctly which solves the mystery of how someone could watch one of the Jazz greats while somehow still thinking he was not be tall enough to play basketball.
WTH are you talking about? Haha. Almost forgot the fact that posters were spelling his name in different ways, probably a mystery that will never be solved. Millsap lost favor with me when he began to pout, and he was being outplayed by Favors. People forget just how good a player Favors was becoming, and how he was developing. I also think people forget just how athletic he was. I think people forget due to injuries slowing him down and putting on all the extra weight as he transitioned into playing center. He was a very good defender and explosive. His pick’n rolls to the hoop were so satisfying to watch, once he got down hill he couldn’t be stopped and as good a finisher, usually a thunderous two had dunk that would shake the arena.

Anyways he began finishing games over Millsap due to his size and defense, remember he played the 4 at the time. So Millsap started pouting and mailing it in with his play and became so passive aggressive. I’m sure it didn’t help that he was forced to play more as a big then what he did in Atlanta, but at the end Favers was consistently outplaying him and was an elite rim protector as a 4 and he acted like a little bitch and complained and sulked instead of trying to play his role to help the team win. He basically played his way out of Utah.

Unfortunately for Favors a new era of spacing the floor/stretch 4’s and injuries and a young Gobert did Favors in, but there was a time where it seemed he had a bright future in the league

For all the Boozer fans on here. Lol

Other than, you know, blowing up the whole team, I would put Deron over boozer personally.

Would rather see them honor Okur over both of them though.

Last edited:
What double standard?

WTH are you talking about? Haha. Almost forgot the fact that posters were spelling his name in different ways, probably a mystery that will never be solved. Millsap lost favor with me when he began to pout, and he was being outplayed by Favors. People forget just how good a player Favors was becoming, and how he was developing. I also think people forget just how athletic he was. I think people forget due to injuries slowing him down and putting on all the extra weight as he transitioned into playing center. He was a very good defender and explosive. His pick’n rolls to the hoop were so satisfying to watch, once he got down hill he couldn’t be stopped and as good a finisher, usually a thunderous two had dunk that would shake the arena.

Anyways he began finishing games over Millsap due to his size and defense, remember he played the 4 at the time. So Millsap started pouting and mailing it in with his play and became so passive aggressive. I’m sure it didn’t help that he was forced to play more as a big then what he did in Atlanta, but at the end Favers was consistently outplaying him and was an elite rim protector as a 4 and he acted like a little bitch and complained and sulked instead of trying to play his role to help the team win. He basically played his way out of Utah.

Unfortunately for Favors a new era of spacing the floor/stretch 4’s and injuries and a young Gobert did Favors in, but there was a time where it seemed he had a bright future in the league
Injuries did favors in.

I hope people have come around to the pure, hard fact that Boozer was ****ing great.

How people could love Memo so much and hate Boozer so much simultaneously when their basketball weaknesses were the same will be forever mind-blowing. I don't care that Boozer was kind of a douche, that's probably the case with the majority of NBA players, even the scrubs.
Boozer was a great player, also was better than Okur. Their weaknesses were similar too.

I just think the difference comes from their approach. It's hard to gloss over the fact that Okur took painkillers to play a playoff game while he was dealing with injuries and tore his achilles which also happened before the World Cup and Boozer getting injuries because he misplaced his bag or he tripped and fell to the ground punch first.

The 90's were fun but I enjoyed watching this Deron/Boozer/Okur/AK team more.
Wow I definitely did not enjoy that team better then Stockton to Malone. No offense but were you 8 during the 90's? I can't see any way boozer and Deron were more fun than Stockton and Malone.

Which team did you guys enjoy watching more, the current one or the D-Will/Boozer/Memo/AK team?

Wow I definitely did not enjoy that team better then Stockton to Malone. No offense but were you 8 during the 90's? I can't see any way boozer and Deron were more fun than Stockton and Malone.
Plus the had prime Hot Rod and Booner. It was the best of times. DWill was super fun though… it was not quite the “we might win a title fun” but was likely more visually appealing at times.

Depends on what kinda fun you are looking for… you want some fancy jack potting then Dwill and AK were the ticket. You want to win the title then it’s Karl and John.

Which team did you guys enjoy watching more, the current one or the D-Will/Boozer/Memo/AK team?
I think I liked the underdog Ricky version of this team more than Dwill Boozer. It’s so close though. AK was maybe the most frustrating player ever. Soooooo much talent but injuries, not using him the right way, or just being only kind of interested in basketball… I just think he could have been so much better.

I think I liked the underdog Ricky version of this team more than Dwill Boozer. It’s so close though. AK was maybe the most frustrating player ever. Soooooo much talent but injuries, not using him the right way, or just being only kind of interested in basketball… I just think he could have been so much better.

I agree, the Rubio/Mitchell/Ingles/Crowder/Favors/Gobert team was my favorite team since Stockton/Malone. I think I liked the D-Will/Boozer/Memo team more than the current iteration of this team. I also agree about AK being one of the most frustrating Jazz players ever...he was so talented but never reached his full potential

I just want it on record… it’s dumb as **** to have either team play their main guys…

The 90's were fun but I enjoyed watching this Deron/Boozer/Okur/AK team more.
The thing that was so remarkable about that series to me was the way that Boozer was able to school Yao Ming in the paint. You had this undersized power forward completely bamboozling this gargantuan legendary center with his crafty moves and skill. Classic David and Goliath scenario both player wise and team wise.

Oh, there’s a game tonight? My bad, party on.