What's new

Game Thread Apr 12, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Wizards

Added to Calendar: 04-12-21

We've been sleep walking through games against bad teams. If we do it again tomorrow it'll be a bad sign. Especially with OKC trying to lose. I would honestly like to see Don take a night off. He looks gassed.

Is Morgan out tonight? He can't possibly be worse than any of the scrubs that played in this game.
He was listed as dressed in the box score. This is a moral victory. We outscored them by 15 in the first and fourth quarters. NBA Coach of the year better figure something out.

Ehh, all you need at that point is one missed free throw and it’s a one possession game. That should have been an and one too.
You take the basket available for sure but I like not having to rely on chance.

There were some ref calls that took the life out of us and Mitchell was wacked more than once but pretty winnable game if the focus was there earlier.

We played lazy and expected to win. We got bit by this. You have to play a little harder when you have two major players out. But I don't really mind this loss. It's not some big indicator of this team. Mitchell was great in the first and end of the fourth. The rest of the game he was killing us though. Defensive effort was low all around and they made a lot of big shots, especially from 3.
It's exactly what shows how good we are. Whether we win or lose isn't based on just not being good enough, it's almost 100% our effort. We play hard, particularly on D, and the other team will require record-level performance to beat us. But we just try to coast along and we lose. We haven't had a team this good in a long time where success is dependent entirely on whether we choose to win or not, basically.

In retrospect should have played Conley tonight and let him rest against OKC.

Wizards backcourt simply is too tough of a matchup for us to rest our starting PG. And they are actually trying to win games whereas OKC is now in the full tank mode. I'd be upset if Conley plays tomorrow......against Maledon and Ty Jerome. what a waste and terrible game management

It was really the end of the 3rd that did us in, pretty much Ingles single-handedly. I chalk that up to missing Clarkson and Conley because we looked lost in those minutes and Ingles didn't want anything do to with the added pressure.

There were some swing plays in the 4th if didn't happen, we would win but mistakes can happen, long stretches of bad play can't.

We have major problems. I’d like to be hopeful, but I just can’t. If we get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs it will be a minor miracle. The one seed wont save us.

ETA: IDC if we’re missing Conley and Clarkson. They alone don’t fix this! We are just not as good as we think we are.

I was expecting atleast 10 pt loss since we sat 2 of our creators but its good to see Forrest, oni and thomas play some minutes.
see?

the thing is, we can probably rest our two creators and still win against OKC tomorrow.

but we made a conscious decision to rest them tonight, including our starting PG, versus a Wizards team that have arguably one of the best backcourt duo in the entire league......

The effort at times was disappointing with two key players out. Sad to see the streak broken. It is what it is.

Also it would have been nice to see Hughes or Brantley play. Our subs were pathetic. DL whiffed hard at the trade deadline.

7.8 points, 5.2 rebounds 14 mpg, 16.9 per
6.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 32mpg, 8.1 per

Who's who? I'll give a clue, one is Javale McGee.

Lopez drawing a "charge" while standing far inside the restricted area:

blocking_foul.png

cost the Jazz around 2.6 points in this case. probably the best risk/reward challenge opportunity of the season, but Quin does nothing.

Lopez drawing a "charge" while standing far inside the restricted area:

blocking_foul.png

cost the Jazz around 2.6 points in this case. probably the best risk/reward challenge opportunity of the season, but Quin does nothing.
It wasn't called a charge, though. Refs said offensive foul. Gobert lowered his shoulder.

That said, I think it was a good play and challenging it made sense but it was probably one of those calls that refs are unwilling to overturn because the contact is clear.