What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

I feel like we have the horses to play that team game with the right structure and mindset in place.
The horses are there indeed.
Problem is horse alpha1 is tired of no other horses D and horse alpha2 is tired of play 4 on 5 offense because horse aplha1 cannot take a freaking shot or get some points on lesser defenders.

Sent from my SM-G780G using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
The horses are there indeed.
Problem is horse alpha1 is tired of no other horses D and horse alpha2 is tired of play 4 on 5 offense because horse aplha1 cannot take a freaking shot or get some points on lesser defenders.

Sent from my SM-G780G using JazzFanz mobile app
Our horses are not tired. They are healthier and more rested than ever. Jazz offense was literally the best offense in the nba this season so your last point is kinda dumb.

I think we completely blow them out. Without Luka, I'm also much less worried about having a 4th quarter collapse and letting them come back. I just don't think the Mavs have enough firepower.

I think we completely blow them out. Without Luka, I'm also much less worried about having a 4th quarter collapse and letting them come back. I just don't think the Mavs have enough firepower.

I think Mitchell will be able to get guys like Brunson, Kleber and Bullock on a switch and get his buckets. He's good when he gets time to rest and prepare.

This series will determine what the Jazz will look like for the next few years. If they lose, many changes are coming. If they lose they might run 90% of this team back.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jazz are 14-0 with 2+ days of rest and indeed Donovan is really good with 3+ days of rest. Mavs are 8-7 with 2+ days of rest. I feel optimistic now... at least for game 1

Jazz are 14-0 with 2+ days of rest and indeed Donovan is really good with 3+ days of rest. Mavs are 8-7 with 2+ days of rest. I feel optimistic now... at least for game 1

I think this goes along with Quin being great when he has lots of time to prepare a game plan. As long as Kidd doesn't have a counter we'll be alright.

Although, I'm not 100% sure Quin isn't already checked out.

Wait, so is this game a MUST WIN?

I think it's a must not collapse in the 4th quarter game. If we have a bad shooting night or they have a great shooting night, that will be easier to come back from. If we lose another big lead in the 4th quarter, I don't think we recover.

I think it's a must not collapse in the 4th quarter game. If we have a bad shooting night or they have a great shooting night, that will be easier to come back from. If we lose another big lead in the 4th quarter, I don't think we recover.

I think we'll save the 4th quarter collapses for the next round against the Suns.

Our horses are not tired. They are healthier and more rested than ever. Jazz offense was literally the best offense in the nba this season so your last point is kinda dumb.
It was not a good O when they've got to make some little points to use 20+ cushions to actually win games... :p

Last edited:
That view might could change under a better coach though.
Indeed. However, a better coach would be a top tier one (Nurse? Lue? Monty?...) and those probably are not coming to the Jazz.
Anyway, Rudy ain't be taking middies or developing a hook or punishing lesser defenders. And that's IMHO exactly what separates THIS roster from contention (assuming Don's got his playoff self yet)
Quin is a damn good one. And I think he knows the issues and the solutions.
Now he's just got to evolve enough to understand that there's a time for loyalties and a time to mix and match the players you need on court.
He'll get there. I hope he's still with us when it happens.

Indeed. However, a better coach would be a top tier one (Nurse? Lue? Monty?...) and those probably are not coming to the Jazz.
Anyway, Rudy ain't be taking middies or developing a hook or punishing lesser defenders. And that's IMHO exactly what separates THIS roster from contention (assuming Don's got his playoff self yet)
Quin is a damn good one. And I think he knows the issues and the solutions.
Now he's just got to evolve enough to understand that there's a time for loyalties and a time to mix and match the players you need on court.
He'll get there. I hope he's still with us when it happens.
The other side of that is that you also want to be predictable for your players. If they know they're coming in to start the 2nd quarter, that's what they always do, then they can get themselves mentally prepared, pay attention to the flow of the game, instead of just having in the back of their mind "Am I going to play tonight?"

There is value to that, the question is whether that value is higher than the value of changing based on specific matchups.