What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

That was regular season. Forget about that. Jazz about to go off in the clutch in the playoffs.
The question is can the players forget about it, because over the last few weeks of games the 4th qtr breakdowns were definitely affecting them mentally.

The question is can the players forget about it, because over the last few weeks of games the 4th qtr breakdowns were definitely affecting them mentally.
I have it on good authority that they haven't forgotten about it.... instead of forgetting about it they learned from it. So its ok for us fans to forget about it. Playoff time baby!

Mavs defense is much better without Luka. First game will be ugly for both teams. 92 to 90.

With the Jazz fully healthy, I don't see how they come in under 105 points. That would already 9 points below our season average. Our guys would all have to go cold.

Mitchell's playoff average is over 33 ppg, and that's with teams focusing on stopping him.

Last edited:
Indeed. However, a better coach would be a top tier one (Nurse? Lue? Monty?...) and those probably are not coming to the Jazz.
Anyway, Rudy ain't be taking middies or developing a hook or punishing lesser defenders. And that's IMHO exactly what separates THIS roster from contention (assuming Don's got his playoff self yet)
Quin is a damn good one. And I think he knows the issues and the solutions.
Now he's just got to evolve enough to understand that there's a time for loyalties and a time to mix and match the players you need on court.
He'll get there. I hope he's still with us when it happens.
My point is that sometimes expectations are hindered by perceptions (“that view”), particularly if it happens to be the perception of the guy in charge (Snyder). I actually don’t share that view (expressed by you) that alpha 2 can’t finish over lesser opponents. That hasn’t been true for two seasons in my view. And yet coach is quick to defend alpha 1 over the two passes a game revelation. So what does that say about his view on this matter of ignoring a wide open Gobert in favor of perhaps the worst crunch time finisher in the league? I call it counterproductive and therefore, in my view, a change is in order.

Last edited:
With the Jazz fully healthy, I don't see how they come in under 105 points. That would already 9 points below our season average. Our guys would all have to go cold.

Mitchell's playoff average is over 33 ppg, and that's with teams focusing on stopping him.
This is fun to look at. Mitchell has the 5th highest playoff scoring average in the history of the NBA so far. No doubt so far he has been nothing short of elite in scoring in the playoffs. Now we need him to learn to transition this into actual wins.

Edit: He is averaging 32.1 ppg over his last 3 playoff series, so last year and the year before. Wonder if he can keep up that pace.

1650030233845.png

Last edited:
This game is a treat for those of us in Europe, can't wait! Let's enjoy the moment when nothing is decided yet and you can get high on kool aid as much as you want.

Preach!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Is this the earliest Jazz playoff game ever? I can't ever remember them playing at 11:00 in the morning. I wish we had the evening game, or even an afternoon game.