What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Really felt like the refs were trying to give the Mavs this game. Glad we showed up in the clutch this time.
They don’t get to the line… their number 1 free throw guy was out… we lead the league in free throws… and yet somehow we ended up shooting less than them… even with them intentionally fouling.

I feel like that game only got close because of the endless off ball fouls. The Jazz are the best in the league at not fouling, so not worried. Gobert was the best player on the court and his only shot attempt was a missed tip in.

Yeah it's not the most encouraging of wins. Would sure be nice if the coaches acknowledged there's a major problem with closing games, and actively tried to address it, instead of just sweeping it under the rug.
I will say they did a better job of getting other people involved and not just playing hero ball. Give them some credit for that.

Gobert carried the Jazz that game.

Defensively and rebounding yes for sure! Bogey carried us offensively a lot and Mitchell carried us in the 3rd.

It’s a damn shame he only got one shot all game the Jazz need to fix that. That should be in the game plan for Game 2.

I feel like that game only got close because of the endless off ball fouls. The Jazz are the best in the league at not fouling, so not worried. Gobert was the best player on the court and his only shot attempt was a missed tip in.
I mean we got jobbed pretty bad. They can call so many of those during the game and opted to call them all then. The Bogey three foul was ********… especially since they reversed a call on him where the guy hits his forearm and elbow… but then straightens up.

It was WWE levels of bad/inconsistent today… glad we didn’t lose our cool.