What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Defensively and rebounding yes for sure! Bogey carried us offensively a lot and Mitchell carried us in the 3rd.

It’s a damn shame he only got one shot all game the Jazz need to fix that. That should be in the game plan for Game 2.
He got striped a few times. Actually surprised none of those counted as blocks against him. I thought there were time they attempted to get him the ball.

I mean we got jobbed pretty bad. They can call so many of those during the game and opted to call them all then. The Bogey three foul was ********… especially since they reversed a call on him where the guy hits his forearm and elbow… but then straightens up.

It was WWE levels of bad/inconsistent today… glad we didn’t lose our cool.

All of this. Amen brother.

Was glad the guys fought through even though they didn’t shoot super well. Was great to see Royce hit that three… super clutch and glad he got that moment cuz holy **** he needed it. Donovan got better looks and hit a couple.

He got striped a few times. Actually surprised none of those counted as blocks against him. I thought there were time they attempted to get him the ball.
They started the game off looking for him then forgot about him. Mike could hit him a couple times on that floater but didn’t. It felt like Dallas was pretty committed to sealing him off which opens up everything else

@Handlogten’s Heros I know people gave you a hard time for thinking Dinwiddie and Brunson could combine for 55-60 points.

They almost broke 50 but not quite and it only took them 39 total shots and 22 total free throws combined.

It's nice to win but the margin of error was bigger for this in the clutch. Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

I mean we got jobbed pretty bad. They can call so many of those during the game and opted to call them all then. The Bogey three foul was ********… especially since they reversed a call on him where the guy hits his forearm and elbow… but then straightens up.

It was WWE levels of bad/inconsistent today… glad we didn’t lose our cool.

I really don't like to think about the refs...but even I have to admit there was some weird stuff going on. Was the entire game too. That JC flagrant review turned into continuation was crazy. Almost every review takes away continuation....but they pulled that one out of thin air,

Anyways, it didn't feel like the other collapses. The whole foul situation was like a perfect storm for the Jazz to lose. Some of the same issues popped up as always, but I don't expect what happened at the end of the game to repeated again. Allowing one million free throws, deserved or not, is not something I'm worried about going forward.

I do have to say it feels good being on the opposite side of injuries for once.

Nobody cared when we had Bogey, Conley and Mitchell all hurt for multiple different series. I’m not going to care if someone else is missing their players.

1-0 that’s all that matters.

Good game.
As an NBA fan I am just looking for some good ball and close game. Got that today.

We all know Jazz would have been smoked if Luka and Haraway were available. I can't figure Jazz out. Very talented team, but it seems they could lose every game they are in. A win is really a surprise.

I do have to say it feels good being on the opposite side of injuries for once.

Nobody cared when we had Bogey, Conley and Mitchell all hurt for multiple different series. I’m not going to care if someone else is missing their players.

1-0 that’s all that matters.
Was amazed that even though he’s hurt 90% of his camera time he was complaining about calls…