What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

The odd moment of clarity? Having a good day or have they changed your meds?

Hey, I'm a New Yorker. There's two things we know better than everybody on Earth:
1) basketball and
2) basketball

It's easy to see that there are five guys on the Jazz who are better than everybody on my team:
- Donovan
- Bogey
- Conley
- Rolls Royce
- Clarkson

Good players, yet you crybabies bitch and moan constantly about your team. How would you like to have Frank The Frenchman as your longest tenured player? How would you like to have Phil Jackson trying to teach numbskull JR Smith how to play the triangle?

You Jazz do have racist fans, but at least you have good players and a good coach. I'd take 19,000 KKK members at The Garden if my team can just make it to the playoffs.

What did they do. I need deets!! So pissed the jazz played that early.
Bogdanovic was taking it to the rim early and often in the first half and keeping the Jazz in the game. In the second half the offence was running through him a lot and it was working.

Some bad 3pt shooting from everyone in the first half, I think we were 1-10 or even 1-12 at one point. Donovan hardly scored in the 1st half and was missing shots from deep and on drives.

2nd half Donovan calmed down a bit but even with his points being what they were at the end it wasn't a great game for him.

4th qtr the refs wanted to make sure everyone knew they were there and they called a 6 players on the court tech on the Jazz when Clarkson was clearly walking off the court. A couple times it looked a whole lot like Jazz players were being murdered under the basket but they weren't calling fouls. ESPN didn't really show replays so it's hard to say. They called two 3 second defense violations, one on Whiteside and one on Gobert that both got free throughs (so they must have called one earlier that I missed). The FT differential was big but lucky for the Jazz the Mavs missed a bunch of them.

I agree damn them for giving us so many free throws!
Naw, if you're gonna do something do it right and see it through. Why just go 90% handing the game to Dallas? Commit and get it done!

What did they do. I need deets!! So pissed the jazz played that early.

Bogey carried us offensively the first half 20 points on 8/11 from the field. Conley carried us down the stretch had 4 crucial points in crunch time.

Rudy dominated the entire game defensively. Like legend status ****.

Donovan had a rough first half only 2 points on 1/9 from the field and went playoff Don in the second half with 30 points on 9-20 from the field in the second half.

Royce hit the biggest shot of the game when it was a 1 point game to push it to 4 with under a minute left.

Bogey carried us offensively the first half 20 points on 8/11 from the field. Conley carried us down the stretch had 4 crucial points in crunch time.

Rudy dominated the entire game defensively. Like legend status ****.

Donovan had a rough first half only 2 points on 1/9 from the field and went playoff Don in the second half with 30 points on 9-20 from the field in the second half.

Royce hit the biggest shot of the game when it was a 1 point game to push it to 4 with under a minute left.
Good summary! I was distracted fighting zombies with my 3 year old grandson.

I think both teams have gotta feel pretty good tbh.

Dallas has gotta feel pretty good that they were within striking distance without their best player. Their defense was impressive and if they can keep the Jazz from going nuclear from the 3 point line, then they’ve gotta like their chances to be competitive.

The Jazz have gotten feel pretty good because they just stole HC despite having a subpar offensive game. Teams that win game 1 generally win the series. When Dallas went on that late run, we found a way to win.

One thing concerning to me is that we’re still getting nothing from our 3. Royce got the late 3 but we can’t wait until the final minute of the game to get pts from our starting 3.

The other concern for me is that after watching all the playin games and now Memphis/Minny, we are clearly the least athletic team out there. Can’t believe we haven’t addressed this issue. And it’s not like there haven’t been opportunities. Bane two years ago and Herb Jones last year. Herb should’ve been a no brainer. We needed a long athletic defender far more than another undersized shooting guard. These other teams have athletic wings that provide defense, rebounding, and those emotional fast break dunks that fuel runs. We don’t have that. Everything we do comes out of our set offense. That puts a lot of pressure for us to execute perfectly. It decreases our margin for error.

Last edited:
Just watched it after recording. We shot poorly and they played pretty darn well.

I understand the NBA is a business, but if the officials had called the same contact for us that they called for Dallas in the 4th quarter, we would have won by 20. Bojan, Conley and especially Donovan endured a ton of contact without a call.

With 50 seconds left, they had taken 16 free throws in the 4th while they still had a foul to give. I mean cmon.

But we won. Go Jazz.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app