What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

I know it's stupid to be irritated about, but I'm still irritated by the idiots who think Gobert has a bag game because he only had 1 FG attempt.
That’s stupid who’s saying that? He and Hassan dominated the game. Rudy is arguably the most unselfish player in the entire game. He does everything to help his team win. Had the previous contending jazz teams had Gobert, we’d have several banners hanging right now. On a team full of shooters, Rudy does all the dirty work that no one else is either willing or capable of.

I know it's stupid to be irritated about, but I'm still irritated by the idiots who think Gobert has a bag game because he only had 1 FG attempt.

Are people actually saying that? If they are they didn’t watch the game and are idiots. Everything I’ve seen is people talking about how he dominated.

One thing concerning to me is that we’re still getting nothing from our 3. Royce got the late 3 but we can’t wait until the final minute of the game to get pts from our starting 3.
I’m good with it if he played great defense, I didn’t watch the game so you’d have to tell me how his defense was. I think that’s why we paid him, not for his offense, but ability to play the other teams best wing and hit threes, he did hit a big three at the end of game. Don’t know what he did on defense though
We needed a king athletic defender far more than another undersized shooting guard.
You’re not wrong, won’t argue with you there. It seems to me the jazz are grooming Butler to play pg from what I’ve seen.

In what metrics?
When I read that I looked up his stats. Its true. His shooting percentages have been really good the last 3 years and his points and rebounds are both up in the playoffs the last 3 years vs his regular season numbers.

Was really cool to see the paint be completely controlled by the Jazz's centers without really scoring.

We gonna sweep… right?
Definitely a good chance. Today was the mavs best shot to get a win in these first two games (we shot pretty horrible, they only turned it over 7 times, they got the whistles. All three things aren't going to happen in game 2) so we will likely go to slc up 2-0. The jazz have won 11 in a row against the mavs in slc including 2-0 this season. Sweep is still a pretty good possibility.

I think this was the game to be most worried about since the Mavs had the scouting advantage and the HCA burst of game 1. Considering that and that the Jazz couldn't get into their game the entire first half... I think all in all this was a perfect outcome.

Definitely a good chance. Today was the mavs best shot to get a win in these first two games (we shot pretty horrible, they only turned it over 7 times, they got the whistles. All three things aren't going to happen in game 2) so we will likely go to slc up 2-0. The jazz have won 11 in a row against the mavs in slc including 2-0 this season. Sweep is still a pretty good possibility.
Good post.

I’d also be surprised if the Mavs can maintain pressure on our guards without giving up lobs to our bigs. I thought their perimeter defense was exceptional today. They got us uncomfortable I thought a bunch, especially in that first half. Spida began to figure things out in that 2nd. Usually teams that give pressure on our guards make themselves vulnerable on the back end against our bigs. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in game 2.

Having said that, This is going to be a sweep if Luka can’t go in these first 4 games.