What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

It's nice to see us all getting along at least. Not many arguments or disagreements on jazzfanz. Everybody pissed.
This loss has brought us together. Kumbaya

That awesome line-up was getting put to shed. It was just that we made some baskets and the pace picked up but Mavs were gaining ground anyways. Trying to change momentum again wasn't a bad bet and since going to it the second time didn't work out, it was justifiable.
Ok if you want to call coming back from a huge deficit getting put out to shed then I just don't know how to respond to that. It was our best lineup. It worked the best. I think that things that work the best should be used more than things that don't work good.

The mavs weren't gaing ground, the jazz were gaining ground.

I ain't even mad. This team needs to be blown up and it's been this way since February. I have had a hard time watching. If things don't change dramatically I will lose interest in this franchise.
*since last year playoffs. At least a new coach. Its a shame we couldn't make more of mitchel and gobert. When does that lightning strike again?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I'm not sure if it's any players fault. This team is broken and has been broken for the past 3 seasons. I mean a vast majority of us armchair GMs here knew our weakest link is/was perimeter defense, for 2 seasons and what has the FO done?

Our lineups are trash, our camaraderie is trash, there is no leadership, the mentality is weak, and these guys do not play hard. This is directly on Quin, Ryan Smith, Ainge, and Zanick

That awesome line-up was getting put to shed. It was just that we made some baskets and the pace picked up but Mavs were gaining ground anyways. Trying to change momentum again wasn't a bad bet and since going to it the second time didn't work out, it was justifiable.
The second time we put in Conley and Royce. That's why it didn't work the second time around. Conley was getting smoked.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

Welcome to the dark side fish. The water is fine..

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JazzFanz mobile app
I might have been the first and most vocal hater of the Conley trade.
It took me a while to dislike Royce but I'm firmly entrenched on the drakside regarding him now.

Our hands are tied. imagine Carmelo being paid 20mil a season on a 3 year deal and Lakers trying to get something out of him. They won't.
Rudy and Bojan have value.

Clarkson probably too.

Conley had a little because he's practically a big expiring.

Realistically, Conley stays because he has more value to us than elsewhere. I don't like having Don, Conley and Clarkson, but if we trade Rudy, we need all the weapons we can get if we are going with a more small and spread approach

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

It's nice to see us all getting along at least. Not many arguments or disagreements on jazzfanz. Everybody pissed.
This loss has brought us together. Kumbaya

I oddly don’t feel that bad that run we made really made me happy and have a glimmer of hope for the rest of the series.

We have to do something this off-season though and I’m 99% sure Rudy gets moved.

This roster just wasn’t built right. We have a lot of undersized non-defenders. Conley, Don and Royce are all under 6’4.

We should keep Don and trade Conley/Gobert for the best packages we can get. Get big wings who can switch and hopefully get a few good defenders.

Ok if you want to call coming back from a huge deficit getting out to shed then I just don't know how to respond to that. It was our best lineup. It worked the best. I think that things that with the best should be used more than things that don't work good.

The mavs weren't going ground, the jazz were gaining ground.
As I said in my earlier post, Jazz made a run off of a novelty. Mavs called a timeout, calmed things, got into their isos early, crashed the glass and were back to gaining ground. Whole point of my post was that it was unsustainable and after the initial run, Mavs, again, were the better team.

We played the same switch scheme with Rudy and they attacked Mitchell, tell me why they wouldn't attack Mitchell with Paschall in? How much difference would Paschall make in those 2 situations where Mitchell gave up 2 easy baskets to Dinwiddie?

Rudy and Bojan have value.

Clarkson probably too.

Conley had a little because he's practically a big expiring.

Realistically, Conley stays because he has more value to us than elsewhere. I don't like having Don, Conley and Clarkson, but if we trade Rudy, we need all the weapons we can get if we are going with a more small and spread approach

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Doing that would be dumb af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conley had a good game offensively but there is no one that he can guard. My biggest problem with the Conley trade was knowing how small our backcourt would be. It's just way too small.
Royce just sucks
That's what most of said the day of the trade. Sucks that we were all correct.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk