What's new

Game Thread Apr 23, 2022 02:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 04-23-22

I love how the Hawks can hide Trae Young on defense by having him guard PJ Tucker. Would be dumb to have their leading scorer and main playmaker guard Tyler Herro or Kyle Lowry.

I love how the Hawks can hide Trae Young on defense by having him guard PJ Tucker. Would be dumb to have their leading scorer and main playmaker guard Tyler Herro or Kyle Lowry.
Hawks got other personnel.
Our centers appear to be instructed to drop every time no matter what, what leaves the other guys running 4 on 5 if the other team go 5 out.
In fact is so easy to see that's abnormally unbelievable not to try to adapy it a little bit.
And I don't buy it that coaching staff is unaware.

Hawks got other personnel.
Our centers appear to be instructed to drop every time no matter what, what leaves the other guys running 4 on 5 if the other team go 5 out.
In fact is so easy to see that's abnormally unbelievable not to try to adapy it a little bit.
And I don't buy it that coaching staff is unaware.

Let’s put Donovan on DFS then switch everything. Put House on Brunson and Royce on Dinwiddie.

Let’s put Donovan on DFS then switch everything. Put House on Brunson and Royce on Dinwiddie.
Then when DFS sets the pick?

It’s not super simple… especially when you teach, practice, and run one scheme all year… even though good teams have several counters that render it useless.

You can run any scheme and if guys are going to give awful effort or just don’t give a **** then all schemes are useless.

Some of it is guys that aren’t going to defend because they don’t want to… some because they are limited. Quin does them no favors and everyone has the blueprint… the answers may not be out there… but we’d never know.

DFS comes to screen house, we switch and boom, donovan on brunson.

Then when DFS sets the pick?

It’s not super simple… especially when you teach, practice, and run one scheme all year… even though good teams have several counters that render it useless.

You can run any scheme and if guys are going to give awful effort or just don’t give a **** then all schemes are useless.

Some of it is guys that aren’t going to defend because they don’t want to… some because they are limited. Quin does them no favors and everyone has the blueprint… the answers may not be out there… but we’d never know.

If a Brunson/DFS pick-and-roll all game beats us then we deserve to ****ing lose lmao.

If a Brunson/DFS pick-and-roll all game beats us then we deserve to ****ing lose lmao.
I wouldn't call it pick and roll. I would call it pick, get the switch and the matchup they like (brunson vs mitchell or whoever against mitchell), and then iso and drive and score or drive and kick to the man who is open after a jazz player comes to help.

You know who would look really good on this jazz team? Jimmy Butler.
On a side note, I thought justice winslow was going to be the next jimmy butler lol. Nope