What's new

Game Thread Apr 25, 2022 7:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 5

Added to Calendar: 04-25-22

If we get an early deficit, I would like to see Gay get some PT and go entirely small ball with him at C. Boggles my mind how we brought him specifically for that purpose yet don't seem to want to utilize him. We can't let the Mavs rain threes.

If we get an early deficit, I would like to see Gay get some PT and go entirely small ball with him at C. Boggles my mind how we brought him specifically for that purpose yet don't seem to want to utilize him. We can't let the Mavs rain threes.

He was so bad this season that I really don't blame Quin for going with Juancho and Paschall over him.

After the first couple of games Gay played so poorly that we couldn't play him. I doubt he's improved much sitting on the bench. Just another FO screwup.

attack Luka on switches. dm and jc got him several times . let bogey guard him too. luka had 4 assist last time. it makes me think he want to ISO him everytime which means less Facilitating. they become my turn your turn team.

Different team back then and we had Sloan, nothing compares...

That's my point, no? In 2007, it felt different. The Jazz DID look like the better team but just struggled getting over the hump against Houston in Houston. Eventually, tho, they did - even if it took seven games.

I do not have that feeling with this team for those reasons you mentioned + just how they've looked in their two wins compared to their two losses.

We'll see how game five goes but if the Jazz lose tonight, I'm not liking their odds to win this series in seven. Tho, as history has shown, it's definitely possible (Utah is 2-0 in their last two game seven road games - vs Houston in 2007 and the Clippers in 2017 (not counting the Denver series which was played in the Bubble).

First time I'm actually nervous before a game this series. I've experienced a wide range of emotions since this series kicked off.

Prior to game one, I was confident the Jazz would win, maybe even big.

Prior to game two, I was more concerned with how game one ended but also okay because a loss still meant they had home court.

Prior to game three, I was more frustrated with how game two went and really starting to question whether the Jazz could win this series.

Prior to game four, I think I had pretty much thrown in the towel.

Now? I feel if the Jazz are going to win this series, it happens tonight. That's a lot on the line.

Let's join together Jazzfanz and cheer our guys on. Hoping for a win. Let's get this ... Go Jazz Go!

Would be great if this was a stress free night. Utah just dominates from tip-to-buzzer.