What's new

Are We Back?

The tank’s transmission went out. The relate will cost more than the tank it’s self so we may as well junk it god damnit!! They don’t make tanks like they used to.
Atta guy. It was a long tank ride for a warm beer anyway.

Such a great ****ing show. Looking forward to the new True Detective tonight too - rave reviews.
True detective season one is the best television I have ever watched and Matthew M (I can't spell that last name) with the finest acting I have ever seen.

I too am really looking forward to this season. Really good hype so far

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

True detective season one is the best television I have ever watched and Matthew M (I can't spell that last name) with the finest acting I have ever seen.

I‘ll DM you tomorrow and we’ll debrief whatever existential cosmic horror noir dread we experience.

I've only seen the first season. It was probably the greatest TV experience of my life, so when I read the horrible reviews for the second season, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. Felt like it would have ruined the first one too.

I've only seen the first season. It was probably the greatest TV experience of my life, so when I read the horrible reviews for the second season, I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. Felt like it would have ruined the first one too.
Have you watched the The Wire? That is probably my favorite show of all time and doesn't disappoint in any of the seasons.

Ya season 2 sucks but season 3 is quite good if a little slow. I think you should give season 3 a try

From the early reviews season 4 should be pretty good as well.

Ya season 2 sucks but season 3 is quite good if a little slow. I think you should give season 3 a try

From the early reviews season 4 should be pretty good as well.

I found season 2 better on a second watch after more distance from season 1.

Such a great ****ing show. Looking forward to the new True Detective tonight too - rave reviews.
Pilot was promising. I just don't trust TD. The production value and acting is always top notch but the writing is always mediocre, even in Season 1.

Fargo season 5 has been great. 3+4 were mediocre, but 5 is on par with 1+2.

Pilot was promising. I just don't trust TD. The production value and acting is always top notch but the writing is always mediocre, even in Season 1.

Fargo season 5 has been great. 3+4 were mediocre, but 5 is on par with 1+2.
The writing was phenomenal in season 1, awful in 2, and while the master narrative in 3 was ho-hum, the dialogue and character studies were great.

Regardless, it’s rather moot given that they canned Pizzolatto and replaced him. The show is still single-auteur focused; just a different auteur each season now.

Think HBO realized you can capture genius like lightning in a bottle, but it’s hard to then re-establish genius in a one to two year production timeline. Writing like season 1 is the product of years and years for a single writer.

I've been looking for a new book series so I just picked up the first 2 books on audible.
The books are great. If anything, the second one “The Dark Forest” is even better than the first. In it one learns the principles of “cosmic sociology.”