What's new

Are you worried about your cholesterol?

Americans on the average do not care what they put into their collective fat faces. They mostly eat a lot of garbage and then complain when they get cancer or other health complications.

I do my best to eat as well as I can, to exercise regularly so as not to be a drain on society via health complications.

Reactions: MVP
Americans on the average do not care what they put into their collective fat faces. They mostly eat a lot of garbage and then complain when they get cancer or other health complications.

I do my best to eat as well as I can, to exercise regularly so as not to be a drain on society via health complications.

If by draining society you mean tax payers dollars you are actually draining it more by being healthy https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html?_r=0

Your so holy man I wish I was you

If by draining society you mean tax payers dollars you are actually draining it more by being healthy https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05iht-obese.1.9748884.html?_r=0

Very interesting article. Thanks! Definitely makes you think. There are definitely many facets to the issues of fat folks in America. I like this line from the article:

The study, paid for by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sports, did not take into account other potential costs of obesity and smoking, such as lost economic productivity or social costs.

Your so holy man I wish I was you

Oh no. I've offended you. Not sure why. I definitely don't consider myself "holy," I just don't want to live like most people do. Hell, if I had kids, I think or would hope that this paradigm shift would have happened as soon as they were born. I mean, make those changes in life for them.

I got cancer that had nothing to do with diet or even genetics. I complained like a little bitch, I will tell you that.

I got cancer that had nothing to do with diet or even genetics. I complained like a little bitch, I will tell you that.

Hey man, even super healthy people get cancer. There are no absolutes. That said, if you can affect your life in a positive manner by eating healthier, I'm taking that route. Personally speaking, diet affects me greatly on a day to day basis.

Nope. You will be a drain by living too goddamn long.

Make way for the next generation and just die already.

Reactions: MVP
In general your health is determined by three factors. Genetics, environment factors( which includes your lifestyle, activity, etc) and nutrition. First one you can't do nothing about, it's the second and third which can be influenced to some degree.

In general your health is determined by three factors. Genetics, environment factors( which includes your lifestyle, activity, etc) and nutrition. First one you can't do nothing about, it's the second and third which can be influenced to some degree.

Great post.

I am very blessed in this regard. I eat whatever I want, when I want as much as I want and I have great cholesterol, blood pressure and am actually under wieght by 20-30 lbs. no allergies.

So far all 3 daughters appear to be the same way. Youngest is allergic to peaches though.

I am very blessed in this regard. I eat whatever I want, when I want as much as I want and I have great cholesterol, blood pressure and am actually under wieght by 20-30 lbs. no allergies.

So far all 3 daughters appear to be the same way. Youngest is allergic to peaches though.

You are such a lucky terd.

I'm decent enough not to be on meds for cholesterol, and the last visit recorded the highest good cholesterol in 4 years.

I do have high blood pressure that's managed with medication.

Weight has always been a struggle for me, as growing up my parents drove 0 thought into real nutrition into my brain. Fighting that programming is tough. :(

But on the bright side, I'm only allergic to tetanus.

Weight has always been a struggle for me, as growing up my parents drove 0 thought into real nutrition into my brain. Fighting that programming is tough. :(

Absolutely it is. As hard as fighting an addiction to a drug.

I have a friend who is from St. Louis. A cycling buddy. Anyway, he does not come from good stock. Both his parents are of the large variety and his Dad, as of late, has been sick a lot. His Dad eats mid western garbage and doesn't exercise. The inevitability of sickness was high. Anyway, I think seeing his Dad sick scared him and while he cycled a lot and exercised, he didn't eat well. Then one day he went vegan (currently just vegetarian) and he dropped weight in unbelievable fashion. He was almost unrecognizable. His cholesterol settled and he felt better than he has in forever. But it takes dedication and it's super ****ing hard.

You are such a lucky terd.

I'm decent enough not to be on meds for cholesterol, and the last visit recorded the highest good cholesterol in 4 years.

I do have high blood pressure that's managed with medication.

But on the bright side, I'm only allergic to tetanus.

Worried about body issues with my thin oldest daughter to be honest. Starting to get a little worried to be honest. We all have are different struggles. Food simply is not a problem for me even though I really enjoy cooking.

I struggle with other vices.