What's new

Game Thread Aug 23, 2020: Jazz vs. Nuggets - Game 4

Added to Calendar: 08-23-20

Even with the refs against us, I see the Jazz smoking the Nuggets. We are already in their heads, they are shook. Royce will lock down Murray again. Gobert will destroy that American History X outcast

At the end of game 3, Denver‘s body language was that of a team that as experiencing shell shock. No communication and dead eyes. They STOLE game one. The world knows this should be 3-0. I won’t play the role of “petty fan”, but there was a reason they took game one. Maddening....

Tonight is a must win. A chance to take their souls. Joe had his issues last game, but Conley and the bench hit timely shots to quell any run they made. Joe might have a big game tonight. He seemed frustrated despite the win. More times than not, the man has a short memory which serves him well...

I remember prior to the start of the playoffs, many “talking heads” we’re talking up how Utah would suffer the most without getting the benefit of playing games on their home court. Now I will admit, the way we finished those last few games during the restart, I was worried.

We always say “we could be dangerous“ and it ends the same way. No travel and the players getting more and more comfortable. If we get a couple of others to step up, I like our chances to get much farther than the “experts” thought...

It all starts tonight. I think Utah wins a close and ugly game to go up 3-1.

Maybe we get to shoot 50+ free throws lol....

I disagree with this. The jazz have a rhythm going and the offense is being run to perfection. Any kind of long layoff could do more harm than good. I feel this has screwed us before.

Agreed. Not getting playoff games in SLC were what the “experts” and the trolls kept pointing at. Hell, even I was worried...However, it’s been the opposite. Outside of that “brain fart” stretch in game one, we’ve adjusted well to almost every scenario. Team looks comfortable and is playing under control. When Jokic has to pop out to help, we are killing them. The bench guys are playing with confidence as well. Royce needs to pick it up. Joe will go off at some point.

I look for Murray to be much more aggressive. I worry he and Jokic shoot a ton of FT’s tonight. Denver has a way of doing that. Keep the Miami/Indy refs from yesterday away from us lol...

I'm full on worried about this game.

It is so easy to get caught up in the current momentum of a series.

If the Jazz go into this game thinking the series is over and they can just play casually and go through the motions and get the win then they will lose. If that happens we're looking at a 2-2 series with a Nuggets team that has the momentum.

I've seen it too many times.

The way the Jazz came out in the 3rd qtr of game 3 gives me hope that this team is ruthless. I want to believe they are going to come out looking to destroy Denver. I want to believe it so bad. I hope that's who they are.

Let's Go JAZZ!

In denver Fb Somebody suggested putting plumlee instead of milsap in the starting lineup + jokic. They knew Rudy killed them big time. Wondering whats their game plan next

Even with the refs against us, I see the Jazz smoking the Nuggets. We are already in their heads, they are shook. Royce will lock down Murray again. Gobert will destroy that American History X outcast
Refs against us? Lmfao, wut? This is Denver, not the Lakers. There really is no reason to think the refs/NBA have any bias in this series.

I'm full on worried about this game.

It is so easy to get caught up in the current momentum of a series.

If the Jazz go into this game thinking the series is over and they can just play casually and go through the motions and get the win then they will lose. If that happens we're looking at a 2-2 series with a Nuggets team that has the momentum.

I've seen it too many times.

The way the Jazz came out in the 3rd qtr of game 3 gives me hope that this team is ruthless. I want to believe they are going to come out looking to destroy Denver. I want to believe it so bad. I hope that's who they are.

Let's Go JAZZ!
Conley has been in this spot before. This is the kind of vet leadership that he provides in spades, and is probably a big reason why he was so high on DL’s wishlist.

i see Murray exploding and others attacking Rudy putting him in foul trouble.
There is only one player who has any ability to put Gobert in foul trouble and that's Jokic, but he hasnt shown that he wants that smoke in the post. Murray can't do it and no one else is close. Maybe Grant if he gets some good cuts in and Gobert wants to challenge at the rim, but that isnt going to be consistent.

Also, not to look ahead, but assuming we play the Clips, I want to see a lot of Morgan in that series. We need to speed up his playoff experience and no reason not to do it vs Harrell, Kawhi, George, etc. He needs to learn vs the best. Even if he’s getting scorched. Because we’re not winning any title with Niang playing 15-20 minutes a night. But it’s possible we win one in the foreseeable future with Morgan playing that much.

There is only one player who has any ability to put Gobert in foul trouble and that's Jokic, but he hasnt shown that he wants that smoke in the post. Murray can't do it and no one else is close. Maybe Grant if he gets some good cuts in and Gobert wants to challenge at the rim, but that isnt going to be consistent.
Jokic’s commitment to foul pressure is the most maddening thing about his game. He could easily be the toward the very top of the league in this aspect, but he .... just won’t. It reminds me a little bit of Al Jefferdad. That dude could’ve drawn tons of fouls will all those fakes, but ... nope.

In denver Fb Somebody suggested putting plumlee instead of milsap in the starting lineup + jokic. They knew Rudy killed them big time. Wondering whats their game plan next
I’d try Jokic-Plumlee combos if I were Malone. Plumlee is mobile enough to disrupt Joe in isolation situations—and that would put both Jokic and Plumlee on the Joe-Rudy PnR.

Denver’s chances go up substantially if they drive the score way down through 2.5 or 3 quarters. Muck it up. Use their size/length. Our offense can only hit high-levels if it gets into and maintains a rhythm. Put pressure on the officials. Then, Denver should crank the throttle on their high-scoring offense and pull away with the Jokic-Murray two-man game down the stretch.

Last edited:
I want 15-20 points from Ingles. He’s the x-factor if/when Denver pulls its head out of its ***.

I’ll also be looking at the rebounding. We’ve competed admirably in this facet—with only a few blips down into the woes that we’ve seen throughout parts of this season. Morgan has really helped, and Royce has been great.

Last edited:
Also, not to look ahead, but assuming we play the Clips, I want to see a lot of Morgan in that series. We need to speed up his playoff experience and no reason not to do it vs Harrell, Kawhi, George, etc. He needs to learn vs the best. Even if he’s getting scorched. Because we’re not winning any title with Niang playing 15-20 minutes a night. But it’s possible we win one in the foreseeable future with Morgan playing that much.

Harrell should be suspended for using racist language towards Luka Doncic last game. Won't happen, but should.

These guy are pros and they got embarrassed the last game. I expect them to have fire in their eyes coming out of the gate.

No doubt: this game is crucial.

Winning it means killing the series (Denver can't come back from a 3-1 )
On the other hand Denver today has the chance to reopen the series.

Despite everything I'll not be able to watch this game: here in Italy they would start at 3:00 a.m
Damn...