What's new

Awesome article on how great the PAC 10 is, and Utah makes it better

SaltyDawg

This article is definitely worth a read.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dufresne-20100927,0,1016360,full.column

Nice to see that they're basically already thinking of Utah as a member of the conference, and happy to have the Utes.

As great as this year could be for the Utes, the best is yet to come. The PAC 10 is getting SEC caliber respect these days (4 teams in the top 18 right now- 5 if you count Utah), and the Utes will go in as one of the heavy hitters of the conference starting next year. Awesome!

No more crappy Mountain tv deals, and the Utes will likely be able to have their games broadcast locally (when they're not on national tv).

Ron McBride took over in 1990, and the Utes have been pretty good, to very good, ever since. The past 20 years have been a great stepping stone for the Utes. The sky is the limit now...

"We promise you were on top of our list the whole time."

Are these your thoughts, or do they come from your sore sphincter?

I'm sure we'd all love to hear some more of your idiocy about how BYU's independence will be a better move. Go ahead.... take over this thread. You know you want to Mr. Sphincter.

"We promise you were on top of our list the whole time."
It's better than, "We never considered you and we never will..."

And certainly better than, "We swear we never wanted to be in the Big 12 anyway and going independent is better..."

And don't even get me started on how it's better than, "We tried to go crawling back to the WAC (had been planning it for many years) but that moron Craig Thompson punked us..."

And for the record, long before there were any rumors of Texas to the PAC, there were rumors that Utah and Colorado were the PAC's targets. What likely happened was Utah and Colorado were the first choice, then the PAC found out that Texas might be a possibility so they focused on that, and when that fell through they came back to their original plan.

And even if Texas had joined the PAC, Utah would be joining the Big 12 next year, and BYU would still be going independent. I'm much happier about Utah going to the PAC than I would be about them joining the Big 12, but the Big 12 would still be a pretty decent consolation prize. Certainly much better than going independent.

Maybe Utah was on the top of their "Realistic Schools We Could Expand With" list.

Texas would be number 1 on any conference wish list. Because they would bring both Oklahoma schools and whoever else from the Big 12 they wanted also.

BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3BYU is 1-3

What do these unbeaten Pac 12 teams have in common? They haven't played anybody. USC's a god, we all acknowledge that. We all worship them. But It will be fun to see the rest of the conference come to their knees as the season progresses, however.

What do these unbeaten Pac 12 teams have in common? They haven't played anybody. USC's a god, we all acknowledge that. We all worship them. But It will be fun to see the rest of the conference come to their knees as the season progresses, however.
Oregon beat Tennessee 48-13, Stanford beat Notre Dame 37-14, and Arizona beat Iowa 10-9.

How is that not playing anybody yet? Who is "anybody" in your statement? And if those teams don't count as "anybody" to you, then who in the country has played "anybody" yet?

LOL, delusional BYU homers... I guess after USC plays Washington this week, then they will have played somebody, right? I mean, you predicted Washington to win the PAC this year, so they must be somebody in your book...

Ladies and gentleman, out of 20 possible games played thus far by the Pac 12 elite Salty has to pull out Notre Dame(1-3), UTENN(2-2, just coming off a 3 point win against mighty UAB), and an 3-1 Iowa team that has played 3 patsies and lost to the only decent team they've played as the marquee wins thus far. I rest my case.

Ladies and gentleman, out of 20 possible games played thus far by the Pac 12 elite Salty has to pull out Notre Dame(1-3), UTENN(2-2, just coming off a 3 point win against mighty UAB), and an 3-1 Iowa team that has played 3 patsies and lost to the only decent team they've played as the marquee wins thus far. I rest my case.
You dodged the questions...

Again- who counts as "anybody" in your book? It seems to me that "anybody" would have to include these very PAC teams that you are attempting to discredit. Because "anybody" probably has just as weak of a schedule (or weaker) as them right now.

You dodged the questions...

Again- who counts as "anybody" in your book? It seems to me that "anybody" would have to include these very PAC teams that you are attempting to discredit. Because "anybody" probably has just as weak of a schedule (or weaker) as them right now.

I don't know. I think every team is hoping to get the traditional Notre Dame or UTENN when they sign up years in advance to play them. But when the programs are in shambles and keep changing coaches, it's like playing every other average team in the country with only the name to draw the intrigue fun. It's much easier to declare at the end of the year of course.

I enjoy the back and forth/trash talking from every team's fans early in the season, but in college football it's extremely hard to tell who's legit at that point. Usually about halfway through each conference season you can begin to tell. Realistically probably 2 or 3 of these Pac 12 teams will be considered good at the end of the year.

I don't know. I think every team is hoping to get the traditional Notre Dame or UTENN when they sign up years in advance to play them. But when the programs are in shambles and keep changing coaches, it's like playing every other average team in the country with only the name to draw the intrigue fun. It's much easier to declare at the end of the year of course.

I enjoy the back and forth/trash talking from every team's fans early in the season, but in college football it's extremely hard to tell who's legit at that point. Usually about halfway through each conference season you can begin to tell. Realistically probably 2 or 3 of these Pac 12 teams will be considered good at the end of the year.

They will all be considered good. When they have to beat each other because nobody else can do it, they are good teams. And that is the current reality. They aren't only playing patsies. They each have at least 1 game against a good team. They so happened to beat that good team, making them look worse, but they still aren't playing only Northern Iowa or Weber State caliber teams.

Ughhh. We're having this conversation again? Memo to my fellow Ute fans: The battle for respect is over. We won. Now it's time for you to act like it.

Utah is currently ranked 12th in the nation, will be rolling through October (and maybe longer) and is in pretty good position to exit the MWC on a really high note. How about we get excited about the here and now before we start beating our chest about next year?

And Memo to Duck Homer: Salty is taking you behind the woodshed on this one. The PAC 10 is good this year no matter how much you try and convince yourself it's not. Going by your standards of playing "somebody", we could probably count on just 1 hand how many teams have acutally played "somebody" at this point in the season. Perhaps you should go back to claiming Washington will win the Pac this year (they'll be lucky to finish in the top half), or declaring that BYU is going to run the table for the rest of the season. Remember last Friday when you made that prediction and it held up for all of about 17 hours? I can't believe you have the audacity to continually post such drivel and not be embarrassed by it. As soon of one of your stupid comments blows up square in your face, you're right back in here making some other idiotic statement about the greatness of BYU that is completely off the mark.

Well done.

Ughhh. We're having this conversation again? Memo to my fellow Ute fans: The battle for respect is over. We won. Now it's time for you to act like it.

Utah is currently ranked 12th in the nation, will be rolling through October (and maybe longer) and is in pretty good position to exit the MWC on a really high note. How about we get excited about the here and now before we start beating our chest about next year?
Hey I didn't write the article, don't shoot the messenger.

That article is from the LA Times. So it looks like the PAC is just as excited about all of this as we are. Nothing wrong with acting like it...

So I guess I can't use UCLA blowing out Texas AT TEXAS as an example, right Duck?

Sure, but UCLA is not the Pac 10 elite I was even talking about. Plus, they are 2-2. If that's your example of elite go ahead. It was a good win no question, just like BYU's win over Oklahoma looked good for awhile last year. Let's see if that win means anything at the end of the year.