What's new

Awesome article on how great the PAC 10 is, and Utah makes it better

Translation: I was owned so I'm just gonna put my fingers in my ears and say "la la la la la, I can't hear you" while running away.

TI.gif

Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

Back to the original point of the thread, yes, Utah helps the Pac-10 out quite a bit. They need somebody to step in and take SC's spot, and that team is going to be Zona, Oregon, Utah, or Stanford. But to say that Utah will automatically step into that role immediately is very premature.

Do you have something showing Utah was #1 on the list?
Yep, as a matter of fact, I do...
https://www.fanblogs.com/utah/008322.php

Note the date on that is well before Texas was a consideration.

And there is plenty out there even older than that saying Utah and Colorado are heading to the Pac 10.

Do you have something from earlier than that that implies Utah is not the first choice? Of course you don't.

And here is Larry Scott himself saying Colorado and Utah was the original plan:
https://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/06/17/new-pac-10-was-scotts-initial-plan/

"When I first was asked the question at football media day last July about expansion, I said 'Yes, we're going to look at it' and all of our initial ideas were to go to 12," Scott said. "And Colorado and Utah were the schools that everyone thought were going to make sense ... so this is really where we thought we would be all along."

Nice try though.

Do you really expect Scott to say anything else? Are you really that clueless? Wait don't answer that. From the article you posted we read: "Scott admitted there was some disappointment over his failure to bring Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State into the fold. Scott swung for the fences."

So if Utah and Colorado were the original plan, why the dissappointment?

More from your article: "when Utah accepted the final invitation to be handed out."

If Utah was the first choice, why were they the last invited?

Here's an article from SI that specifically talks about Hill and Whit being ok with no being Pac10's #1 choice.https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/06/18/utah-pac-10/index.html

So as a matter of fact you have jack crap for proof except for homerist speculation. Your own AD and head coach admitted to being fine with not being the first choice.

Here's another one: https://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2010/06/16/pac-10-expansion-and-utah-makes-12/

"when Texas picked the Big 12 over the Pac-10 and the superconference plan crumbled, it has been a foregone conclusion that the Pac-10 would revert to Plan B and invite Utah as its 12th (and final) team."

Who gives a **** if they were first or last? Getting an invitation is better than not getting one.

Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt were planning on going on a date but it fell through. The next day, Scarlett asked me on a date. I accepted, and we have been an item ever since.

I really like her but I have to admit it is tough to hear all the ridicule about being her second choice after Brad Pitt.

Do you really expect Scott to say anything else? Are you really that clueless? Wait don't answer that. From the article you posted we read: "Scott admitted there was some disappointment over his failure to bring Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State into the fold. Scott swung for the fences."

So if Utah and Colorado were the original plan, why the dissappointment?

More from your article: "when Utah accepted the final invitation to be handed out."

If Utah was the first choice, why were they the last invited?

Here's an article from SI that specifically talks about Hill and Whit being ok with no being Pac10's #1 choice.https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_staples/06/18/utah-pac-10/index.html

So as a matter of fact you have jack crap for proof except for homerist speculation. Your own AD and head coach admitted to being fine with not being the first choice.

Here's another one: https://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2010/06/16/pac-10-expansion-and-utah-makes-12/

"when Texas picked the Big 12 over the Pac-10 and the superconference plan crumbled, it has been a foregone conclusion that the Pac-10 would revert to Plan B and invite Utah as its 12th (and final) team."

I know the Pac 10 wanted Texas. I never disputed that. The point is they wanted Utah FIRST, in their ORIGINAL plan. And I posted a link from February saying Utah and Colorado would be invited to the Pac 10. Again, that is from February- several months BEFORE Texas came into the mix.

So yes, Utah was the original plan, the first plan. Something else came up along the way, and I am not denying that. But Utah was still the first team the Pac 10 thought of when they decided to expand. I posted the Pac 10 commish saying as much, and I also posted links from February claiming as much. You posted a bunch of after the fact speculation.

Nice try. Should we now go into BYU trying desperately to get into the Big 12 and getting rejected?

Say my dream is to someday be a doctor, and I start going to med school and totally plan on becoming a doctor. I then buy a lottery ticket right before I graduate. I miss winning the jackpot by 1 number. That doesn't mean it was plan B when I become a successful doctor. Yeah, the lottery would have been nice, but I am still where I planned on being all along.

Doesn't really matter to me what choice the Utes were. The bottom line is this: It all ended up breaking in Utah's favor and now they get to go to the Pac 10. The. End.

If it makes a few Cougar fans feel better to cling to the fact that Utah wasn't choice #1, then more power to them. Maybe it helps them deal with the current misery and disappointment that is BYU football 2010.

OK what I don't get is that Conan demands proof that Utah was at the top of the list but then tries hard to talk down the only place that list would have come from. Where else would the list have come from if not from the commissioner of the PAC-10? Is there another place that makes sense or is valid?

Sorry I read this trying to be impartial but it doesn't make sense to just simply disagree with anything that is said just because you don't like the answer when it's right.

Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt were planning on going on a date but it fell through. The next day, Scarlett asked me on a date. I accepted, and we have been an item ever since.

I really like her but I have to admit it is tough to hear all the ridicule about being her second choice after Brad Pitt.
Exactly. Not all you guys are total morons.

Good to see some Ute fans seeing the truth of things. Let that snub motivate you and show the Pac10 that you do belong. Best of luck!

Conan why are you worried about Utah's Pac-10 invite? BYU is 1-3 and could very well lose to Utah State tonight, not to mention your QB messiah has been very dissapointing. I think as a BYU fan you would already have too much on your plate to worry about.

Conan why are you worried about Utah's Pac-10 invite? BYU is 1-3 and could very well lose to Utah State tonight, not to mention your QB messiah has been very dissapointing. I think as a BYU fan you would already have too much on your plate to worry about.
I know it's crazy how good I am at multi-tasking, right? Too bad my team didn't have the 118th (out of 120) easiest schedule up to this point of the season or they'd be 4-0 as well. Oh well, we can't all schedule cupcakes, right?