What's new

Awesome article on how great the PAC 10 is, and Utah makes it better

I know it's crazy how good I am at multi-tasking, right? Too bad my team didn't have the 118th (out of 120) easiest schedule up to this point of the season or they'd be 4-0 as well. Oh well, we can't all schedule cupcakes, right?
Pitt would have crushed BYU, and Utah would be undefeated even if they had played BYU's schedule.

Even better when they actually come true- proving they weren't just baseless rumors.
It's entirely possible for those rumors to be baseless and Utah to still get an invite. But we know what side you'll come down on so roll with it.

It's entirely possible for those rumors to be baseless and Utah to still get an invite. But we know what side you'll come down on so roll with it.
Yes, it's entirely possible for those rumors to be baseless, and Utah AND Colorado still get an invite. But it's pretty unlikely. And then we have the whole Larry Scott saying this was their original plan, and it pretty much seals the deal.

So, again, on the one hand, all evidence points to this being the original plan. Then on the other hand, some bitter BYU homer says we just have to take his word for it that the Pac 10 only took Utah as a last resort, and it's all a conspiracy to cover that up.

I think most sane people come down on the same side as me. Utah was not snubbed. In fact, they got invited to the Pac 10 a lot sooner than anyone expected.

Oh well, we can't all schedule cupcakes, right?

Not to break up your love-fest with salty, but in reality, Washington is no less a cupcake than Pitt, and unless I'm completely mistaken, BYU also has New Mexico and UNLV on the schedule. So it's not really a matter of who, it's a matter of when. BYU will get to the soft part of their schedule, and Utah will get to the tough part of theirs - TCU.

Not to break up your love-fest with salty, but in reality, Washington is no less a cupcake than Pitt, and unless I'm completely mistaken, BYU also has New Mexico and UNLV on the schedule. So it's not really a matter of who, it's a matter of when. BYU will get to the soft part of their schedule, and Utah will get to the tough part of theirs - TCU.

Pitt is way better than Washington, don;t let these BYU homers fool you. Pitt will be in a bowl game this year, probably a BCS game. Washington will be lucky if they win 3 games this year.

As I type this, BYU is getting smashed by a 1-3 WAC team, Utah State, who themselves got smashed by San Diego State last week 41-7. So it's not a matter of having cupcakes on the schedule. Cupcakes are smashing BYU this year. BYU IS a cupcake this year.

BYU is not a cupcake. They are the stuff that comes out of your *** after you eat that cupcake.

So is Utah State still the "hard part" of byu's schedule? Scoreboard says yes.
There is no such thing as an easy schedule when you friggin suck, lol.

No bowl game for BYU this year, they will finish with a losing record. What a way to send them off into independence.

So it's not really a matter of who, it's a matter of when. BYU will get to the soft part of their schedule, and Utah will get to the tough part of theirs - TCU.
Thanks for making my point for me. And it's telling that the "the tough part" of Utah's schedule is represented by one game.

Maybe BYU fans should avoid making an argument about weak schedules considering that they just lost by double-digits to a bottom feeder WAC school.

Just sayin.

Thanks for making my point for me. And it's telling that the "the tough part" of Utah's schedule is represented by one game.

For the record, my comment was intended as a corollary to yours, not as a rebuttal. But apparently you are hell bent on turning every conversation into a playground argument.

Maybe BYU fans should avoid making an argument about weak schedules considering that they just lost by double-digits to a bottom feeder WAC school.

Just sayin.
You and the other girls can deflect all you want. You can even go start threads to throw the focus elsewhere. But it's a fact Utah has played one of the weakest schedules in the nation so far. BYU sucking doesn't change that (in fact, it only makes their schedule that much weaker).

Just sayin.

For the record, my comment was intended as a corollary to yours, not as a rebuttal. But apparently you are @#!*% bent on turning every conversation into a playground argument.
Thanks for the clarification and the kind words. Always such a peach when mods do that.

You and the other girls can deflect all you want. You can even go start threads to throw the focus elsewhere. But it's a fact Utah has played one of the weakest schedules in the nation so far. BYU sucking doesn't change that (in fact, it only makes their schedule that much weaker).

Just sayin.

Nobody is "deflecting" anything, this is just another case of you being an idiotic boob. I freely admit that Utah's schedule has been very weak thus far. Sad thing is, BYU fans try to use it as some sort of argument while at the same time seeming to forget that BYU will get their shot at playing the likes of UNLV and New Mexico as well.

As a Utah fan, I'm very comfortable in letting the schedule play out before making any certain determinations about how good/great/average this team is. It's funny to see BYU continue to stumble regardless how bad the opponents are. After 3 weeks into the season, fans like Conan would have you believe BYU was as good as Utah, they just had a harder schedule. Now that BYU has been hammered by a lower level WAC school that EXCUSE doesn't exactly hold up, now does it?

It's hilarious to see BYU in ruins and some (not all) of their fans grasping at straws in an attempt to bring Utah down a peg or two. Envy does not look good on you Conan, even though you seem to wear it quite often.

I'll bow out of the argument now because there's really not much more to say. Conan, you can continue to spin away or better yet, make some of your juvenile comments or even add some more misquotes to your sig. In 2010, if you're a Ute fan there is just no sport in going back and forth with BYU fans and there's really no need to. These are no longer 2 programs of similar quality on a similar track. Some think Utah is leaving BYU behind in 2011 for bigger and better things. Personally, I think that's already happened.

BYU hasn't played a single game against a ranked team. They are in no position to be arguing about strength of schedule. Utah may be playing bad teams, but at least they are handling them the way good teams should. Heck, they are handling them better than Alabama and Wisconsin handled the same teams.

BYU, on the other hand, just got blown out by a crappy team. They only have 1 win, which was at home against a crappy team. And even then, they trailed at halftime and could have lost that game too.

Utah is blowing these bad teams out. Sure the Pitt game was close, but Utah still won (and it would have been a blowout if it weren't for stupid mistakes- dropped kickoffs, blocked punts, etc). And Pitt is better than anyone BYU has even played so far (Pitt won 44-17 today against a crappy team, with Dion Lewis sitting out because of an injury).
Pitt will be in a bowl game this year- like Air Force and Florida State. Pitt will likely be in a BCS game when they win the Big East. Utah beat them. Teams of this caliber (and lesser) are blowing BYU out.

So it's stupid for BYU fans to be saying anything about strength of schedule. Not only is Utah winning their games (by a huge margin) but Pitt is better than anyone BYU has played, and BYU is getting blown out in every game.