What's new

Be Inspired and Seer Clothing (Kyle Korver)

Dtol17

Hey all. I haven't posted much since the site was resurrected because I've been busy opening up a store in Sandy. It's a family business that I run with my parents called Be Inspired. I guess the best way to describe what we are is a boutique. We sell clothing, jewelry, art, accessories, antiques, baby product, and are hoping to open up a coffee/tea shop in the store by the end of July. The cool thing about Be Inspired is that over 90% of our product is all local, hand made stuff from Utah county up to Tooele. There's a lot of really cool product here. You don't get many places like this outside of downtown and it's a pretty convenient location for anybody to reach.

https://beinspiredshop.blogspot.com/

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is this. I don't know how familiar any of you are with Kyle Korver's clothing, Seer Clothing, but it's a line that Kyle has created to help the cause of the Kyle Korver Foundation by donating 100% of proceeds to children in the projects that are in need of a big brother. Kyle has a lot of really cool looking designs that come in quite a few different styles and sizes (Men and Women) which I think you'd all be pleasantly surprised by.

https://www.seerclothing.com/
https://www.kylekorverfoundation.com/

Yesterday, I reached an agreement with the Korver's to put Seer Clothing in Be Inspired and he'll be bringing by all of his shirts this afternoon so they'll be available for purchase from today on. Everybody here knows what a big piece of the community Kyle is and this is an opportunity for all of us to help out, so if you have any interest in helping out a great cause and getting some sweet shirts in the process you should come on by. Kyle has assured me that whether he stays or leaves he is going to remain active in the community, as he does everywhere he plays.

Ladies, this store is more aimed at you some come take a look at the all of the cool, unique stuff we have and Guys, come check out all of the cool shirts we have in (and make sure to bring your girlfriends, moms, and sisters).

In all seriousness though, what we have going on here is really cool and it's a great way of rewarding our local artists and contributing to a great cause. I'm sorry for pimping or "spamming" or whatever some people might accuse me of. Many of you know me, some on a personal level, so know that my intentions are good. I know there's been some doubt as to whether or not Kyle will be back but I think this is a great way of helping him to continue is legacy in the Salt Community for all generosity and passion he's dedicated.

The address is 8623 S. Highland Dr. I should be working here most the time but if any of you come by make sure to mention that you're from JF. I look forward to seeing anybody that decides to drop by. Sorry again for pimping my store, but I promise it really is for a good cause.

Cool stuff, dude. I might have to drop by and check it out with the lady. Does that fat size shrinker work on guys too?

Cool stuff, dude. I might have to drop by and check it out with the lady. Does that fat size shrinker work on guys too?

After seeing Kyle and Klayton in them I can say that they make tall guys who lift hard for an extended amount of time look even more ripped so unless you've been slacking in that area you've got yourself a winner. These shirts would make trout look good though so you've got nothing to worry about. I mean uhh...trout would totally make Seer Clothing relevant.

Are you in that shopping center with a Carl's Jr. and Subway and all that? Your store is right up the street from where I used to live, I believe.

Also, does anyone know how these shirts fit? I'm usually right in between a M and a L depending on how the shirt fits...if I lifted heavy for a while I probably wouldn't have that problem though.

To anybody who's interested in coming to check it out, I'm closing up shop for the day but I'll be here at 11 on Monday and our regular hours are 11-7 so stop by anytime.

Are you in that shopping center with a Carl's Jr. and Subway and all that? Your store is right up the street from where I used to live, I believe.

Also, does anyone know how these shirts fit? I'm usually right in between a M and a L depending on how the shirt fits...if I lifted heavy for a while I probably wouldn't have that problem though.

Yeah that's where we're at. I'll try a few of the shirts on real quick and let you know.

So they run pretty true to size, just a little bit long. I'd say stick with the medium. The sleeves come down to about a half to 3/4 of your bicep and it's all pretty form fitting even though it feels loose. The flow of the shirts is really nice but you still fill them out very nicely. They vary in material with some being extra soft, heavy, light, thin, a combination of qualities but overall they're all really comfortable. Definitely worth checking out. I've got three already.

Cool, thanks for the info. And I'll try to find time to come check out your store next time I make it up to SLC...the whole local vibe is definitely hard to find out in Sandy.

We went anyhow, just because we were in the area. That is a nifty looking store, I must say. I'd say you need a bigger sign, but those buggers are expensive -- I know. Anyhow, I left a love note in your door, I hope nobody steals it. Also, you left your "OPEN" sign on.

We went anyhow, just because we were in the area. That is a nifty looking store, I must say. I'd say you need a bigger sign, but those buggers are expensive -- I know. Anyhow, I left a love note in your door, I hope nobody steals it. Also, you left your "OPEN" sign on.

Glad you took a look. I really like how it's come along so far considering we're only a month in. We ordered a neon sign a couple of weeks ago but it takes quite a while to be made and delivered so I'm guessing to expect in the next month and we're also working on getting a sign in one of the slots on the big Reams sign out by the street. This love letter better deliver, I expect great things. The sign is off, it just always looks like it's on. Kind of annoying. Anyway, as I said before I should be there Monday and I'll post to let everyone know what other days I'll be there this week then.

Also, I don't know if any of you or anybody you know like to knit, crochet, or any of that other fun yarn stuff (I don't know my terminology) but we also own the yarn shop next door to Be Inspired called Unwind. We've had that one for about three years now. We sell all kinds of different yarns, needles, books, etc as well as offer classes. Aside from remodeling the shop to what it is today, I'm not nearly as involved with that side. My mom primarily runs that one. Anyway, it's a pretty chill place. On any given night there's 5-10 ladies (sometimes a husband, son or two) will sit around, knit/crochet, talk, and have finger foods, coffee, and tea. Although it's not really my forte, I think it's a pretty cool place that has established itself nicely.

Do you guys make your own shirts, Dtol?

No, we don't have our own shirt brand yet but I wouldn't mind looking into it in the future. However, we do have our own jewelry and have made a few pieces of furniture . We have three different brands of shirts though and all of them do the printing. One is Kyle, who created the designs and has a buddy that does the printing. Another is Danka Clothing, and Brian, the founder, does all of the printing. And the last is Dyad, which is a friend of mine from high school that does all of his printing and just changed his apparel provider to a guy who makes much softer, more comfortable shirts. I haven't felt his new shirts yet but I believe he's working with the same guy that Danka works with and his shirts are incredibly soft so I look forward to it. As I said before, all of Kyle's shirts vary a little bit but all of the ones that I've tried on (all but one) are very comfortable, there are just some more than others.

How "local" is the merchandise? Is it created and manufactured in Utah or created in Utah and manufactured in China?

How "local" is the merchandise? Is it created and manufactured in Utah or created in Utah and manufactured in China?

Over 90% of all the product is made and manufactured right here in Utah. We have some designer sunglasses that are obviously made elsewhere, we have the shirts by Seer Clothing that are made in California but the print is done here in the valley and both Danka and Dyad's shirts are woven in Idaho by a guy from Sugarhouse but are the screen printing is done here by their respective founders, and then a few of the antiques and furniture pieces by one of our artist's was made in Colorado when she lived there but she now lives and makes her pieces here in Sandy. Everything else we have was HAND MADE by the artists in Utah. No machines, no warehouses, no corporations. It's hand painted, carved, sculpted, sewn, built and created right here. Our product is legit and you can see that quality in every unique piece. These are people who participate in local art shows, represent themselves instead of having some intern sent to do all their errands, and pride themselves in making one of a kind pieces for the people of Utah.

Ya, my love note isn't anything at all, just a little, "Trout was here.". I'm a creative genius.

As usual, I fail to deliver.