What's new

Bell to be Amnestied

mellow

According to Locke on the Radio late last night. I think this deserves some recognition.
Celebrate.gif

pop_the_top_and_celebrate.jpg

Why-celebrate.jpg

Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Rah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I just wanted to confirm this for those who think I'm crazy

Amnesty for Bell doesn't make sense, but as long as he is gone, that's all that matters.

Hasn't happened yet, there is a time frame when it can happen. Locke was talking on radio at about 9:45 after the jazz's pick. I think he believed no-one was listening and it would somehow stay a secret.

He said it, the other talking heads questioned him, and Locke doubled down saying that he had it from a source that it will happen, but Locke wasn't supposed to talk about it.

Anyone else listening can confirm. He also went on to talk about someone handing him 4 names of possible picks for jazz at #47 an hour before the draft, 2 were gone Murphy was the higher of the remaining, he also mentioned other moves that had been discussed but was told he would no longer have a job if it went out on twitter.

FWIW, the KOC interview at about 10:30 last night was great. Kevin was more open than I've heard him be in a long time. He discussed trying to move into first round, he discussed several drafted players, he talked about teams calling him. KOC really hates David Locke.

So our roster is now

Harris - Watson
Hayward - Burks

Millsap - Favors
Jefferson - Kanter

With pending contracts of Carroll, Tinsley, Mo Williams, Evans, and Murphy?

If we bring all those dudes in that is 13. I would assume we wouldn't bring in Tinsley if we got Mo Will though, so that would be 12. I would assume we would carry 13. Who else would we add?

Hasn't happened yet, there is a time frame when it can happen. Locke was talking on radio at about 9:45 after the jazz's pick. I think he believed no-one was listening and it would somehow stay a secret.

He said it, the other talking heads questioned him, and Locke doubled down saying that he had it from a source that it will happen, but Locke wasn't supposed to talk about it.

Anyone else listening can confirm. He also went on to talk about someone handing him 4 names of possible picks for jazz at #47 an hour before the draft, 2 were gone Murphy was the higher of the remaining, he also mentioned other moves that had been discussed but was told he would no longer have a job if it went out on twitter.

KOC keeping his ducks in line. Good. Also I would be THRILLED if Bell is gone. I do not care how. Just gone.

So our roster is now

Harris - Watson
Hayward - Burks

Millsap - Favors
Jefferson - Kanter

If we bring all those dudes in that is 13. I would assume we wouldn't bring in Tinsley if we got Mo Will though, so that would be 12. I would assume we would carry 13. Who else would we add?

I would imagine someone who could play SF as only Hayward and Carrol (Millsap on occasion) can play that position.

So our roster is now

Harris - Watson
Hayward - Burks

Millsap - Favors
Jefferson - Kanter

Machado and trade Watson when we trade Millsap/Big Al

I think a deal for Harris is in the works if not imminent - with the option looming I'm sure Utah has already sent word to Mo's agent that he'll start - and I can't believe they'll play him at the 2 like LAC did.

Im just sad that we were never able to trade him for a 45th pick or something.

Amnesty for Bell doesn't make sense, but as long as he is gone, that's all that matters.

It actually makes perfect sense since according to the Amnesty clause:

Each team is allowed to waive a player without having their salary count toward the salary cap or luxury tax. One player can be waived prior to the start of any season through 2015–16, but each team is restricted to one "amnestied" player during that time. Only players signed prior to 2011–12 are eligible

Now if you look at our roster, everyone is an expiring contract besides Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward. So it makes sense to use it on the worst expiring contract you have right now which is Bell.

Now if you look at our roster, everyone is an expiring contract besides Burks, Kanter, Favors and Hayward. So it makes sense to use it on the worst expiring contract you have right now which is Bell.

Comparitively Bell makes very litte and is expiring - I can't believe no one will take him.

BTW, while I'm intrigued by this news about amnesty on Bell - I'll believe it when I see it and not one second before.

I looked, but couldn't find any details about when the window of amnesty opportunity begins & ends. I would guess July 1 through July 10, does anyone know?

Comparitively Bell makes very litte and is expiring - I can't believe no one will take him.

BTW, while I'm intrigued by this news about amnesty on Bell - I'll believe it when I see it and not one second before.

I think it's painfully obvious otherwise the Jazz would be wasting their amnesty clause because there is no one to use it on after this year.

I made a thread asking why did not they amnesty him or Harris at the start of last season, and I was ridiculed beyond belief. Now everyone is celebrating which leaves me puzzled.

KOC has already said he can see Harris and Mo playing at the same time.

Well yeah what else is he going to say?

And do you really expect Utah to make a committment to two starting back-court players both on expiring deals and both round pegs in square holes. One a bad fit and the other playing out of position?

If so, this is nothing but a step backwards to me.

It actually makes perfect sense since according to the Amnesty clause:

Each team is allowed to waive a player without having their salary count toward the salary cap or luxury tax. One player can be waived prior to the start of any season through 2015–16, but each team is restricted to one "amnestied" player during that time. Only players signed prior to 2011–12 are eligible

Jefferson is the worst expiring contract. And someone would place a bid to get him, too.

And waiving Bell has everything to do with the Millers willing to burn $3.something million after eating $6.something million before this.