What's new

Bell's Comments After Being Benched

in code, I think he's saying that Corbin wasn't smiling when they had this conversation, and he wishes Coach would smile more

He should be patient. He will get his wish.
More people will be smiling, probably even Corbin, when he starts the game from the bench.

"It was a brief conversation, one that Raja wishes had more teeth to it"

Did he really want Corbin to sit down and evaluate Raja's play? Explain to Raja why the Jazz are better with Raja playing less? Carefull what you wish for dude.

Did he really want Corbin to sit down and evaluate Raja's play? Explain to Raja why the Jazz are better with Raja playing less? Carefull what you wish for dude.

But then Raja will explain that he is to valuable not play due to him getting the other team to pick up a couple a fouls a game by doing some magnificent flopping.

tyrone_corbin.jpg

"Raja, your play is hurting our chances to win. I'm going to start CJ and bring you off the bench. Is that better?

Also, since you seem to be a fashion expert, maybe you can answer this question for me: Does this shirt make my head look small?"

D'oh! I forgot the union connection. We really are screwed.

Also, most of us in regular jobs can be let go / fired at any time without much consequence for the company. They sign those contracts for years and you have to keep paying even if they don't meet expectations.
Sort of a sorry way to run a business but there you go.

Regarding the one on one comment about CJ, Raja stated that the team has run Sloan's system, but Bell thinks that the team has done a lot of one on one stuff this season and it often has worked the best. He said he didn't mean it as a dig at anyone.

Liar

A coach and a manager are only as good as their communication skills. I think this is a lesson for Ty to make sure everyone has "buy in" and I think he should have taken a few minutes to explain this to Raja and the rest of the team. Dictators don't last long, just ask the middle east.

Corbin seemed a little pissed about it in his pre game interview. I don't blame him. Raja should have gone to him, not the media, if he has a problem.