What's new

Big 3 are breaking up? Could we offer a Max to Mr. Bosh?

I don't totally disagree but Bosh has logged 31,733 NBA minutes in his career. Hayward's logged just 8,260. This wear and tear/age concept is a pretty huge factor when considering their deals.

Bosh is like 1-2 years older than Lebron. He has plenty of life left.

I think Bosh is a near max guy, but I wouldn't want to lock myself into an $80+ million contract at this stage in his career. With that said, I wouldn't rule out going after him either. He just barely turned 30 (so not that old) and has been to 4 strait finals - with 2 championships won. That's exactly the kind of experience that the Jazz need.

Favors, Bosh, Starting SF, Hayward (after they match his offer) and Exum makes for an interesting starting lineup down the road with Gobert, Kanter, Hood, Burks and Burke headlining a surprisingly strong bench. They'd still be a little weak defensively, but there's no doubt that it's a huge upgrade offensively over what they've put forth during the Corbin "era".

They'd certainly be more deep and dangerous with a guy like him on board. I'm not sure that he's worth the contract that he's likely to get if he leaves Miami, but I do think that he'd be a decent fit if they pursued him. IF they go after a max guy like that, they'd better be willing to fill out the roster and try to compete now. If they truly see Hayward as a SG, then they need to invest in a starting SF. Deng, Ariza, etc.

For the life of me, I still can't understand why anyone throws out Bosh ' s championship experience. What the hell does that even do for you? It's not like he was in those championships because of him. He was only there because of Lebron.

If Championship experience is so valuable, then why not go sign Norris Cole, or some other obscure player? Sure, Bosh is better than that, but I can promise you that we aren't going to suddenly be ready for a title run because Bosh is on the team.

This is the same thing as saying our young guys were gonna be so much better because they had playoff experience that year Al and Paul lead us to a 1st round exit. It obviously didn't mean squat for the young players. They weren't a playoff team when Al and Paul left. They weren't any better for it.

Bosh can't come in here and sprinkle some magic finals experience fairy dust on our players and suddenly make them better. The players have to get better themselves. Period!

It doesn't really matter because if Bosh leaves Miami, and Houston doesn't get Carmelo then Bosh is going to Houston. I don't think either Bosh or Hayward are Max guys but I agree with Thriller that it is funny that more people are in favor of giving hayward the Max then it seems they are willing to give Bosh it.

Bosh is like 1-2 years older than Lebron. He has plenty of life left.

I think that age is no issue with Chris Bosh. Dinosaurs can live up to 300 years...

chris-bosh-dwyane-wade-lebron-james.jpg

Why would Bosh want to come here again? Are we suddenly contenders or did I oversleep three years?

That's just dumb.

We are talking about 20+ million dollars max. He is absolutely not worth that.

I know that if he was the focal point if his own team that his numbers would increase, but his impact on the game is not worth that kind of money. No way in hell. If it were, then Lebron wouldn't be considering leaving, and the Heat would be 4 and 0 in the finals this last four years.

I called it from the beginning that Bosh was not a good pairing in the big 3. He just isn't that great of a player.

You honestly think if we were able to sign Bosh (we aren't) we wouldn't be able to turn around and trade him at some point for assets better than what we could attain with our current cap space?

That's just dumb.

You honestly think if we were able to sign Bosh (we aren't) we wouldn't be able to turn around and trade him at some point for assets better than what we could attain with our current cap space?

That's just dumb.
If we sign bosh to a 4 year 90 million dollar deal and then he stuggles to lead us to 35 wins next year while putting up underwhelming #'s...... do you think there would be teams trying to give us good assets for him?

If we sign bosh to a 4 year 90 million dollar deal and then he stuggles to lead us to 35 wins next year while putting up underwhelming #'s...... do you think there would be teams trying to give us good assets for him?

If I walked outside holding a bunch of helium balloons in my hand and I floated up to the moon, do you think I'd die?

£¥£

If I walked outside holding a bunch of helium balloons in my hand and I floated up to the moon, do you think I'd die?

£¥£
yes

That's a concern with any free agent outside of the top guys anyways. My biggest reason for not wanting him is that the Jazz simply aren't ready to take on a contract like that and compete right away. I think that next year is the offseason where the Jazz will try to make their "big move". They need a year of improvement and development before they pitch a guy on the future of this team.

That's a concern with any free agent outside of the top guys anyways.

I disagree.

Its not a concern with players that get nowhere near max money

I disagree.

Its not a concern with players that get nowhere near max money

Fair enough. They weren't really talking about bargain free agents. Just the max or near-max guys. I doubt that Hayward gets a max deal this offseason. Regardless of what he does or does not get, the Jazz should have the cap space to acquire a max contract before deciding what to do with Burks and Kanter. Even if they don't, they have a bunch of assets to work with for a trade or sign and trade.

I think this conversation will be more relevant and more interesting next offseason.

That's just dumb.

£¥£

lol

Nice spin! You may have a point, you may not. Bosh is on the wrong side of 30. We would have to flip him fast. You didn't say that's why you wanted to sign him. We are talking about his value to our team at 20+ mil a year. He isn't worth that. As an asset, maybe. I'm not sure how all the other teams would feel about that deal and whether or not we could get a lot for him that would make worth taking back matching salary if we had to. There are some variables in that, that could determine if it would be worth it.

Why would Bosh want to come here again? Are we suddenly contenders or did I oversleep three years?

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. Every player thinks they are entitled to play for a championship contender. This is Lebron's NBA. I miss the days when players stayed with one team and made their own, whether they were good or bad, they stuck with them through thick and thin, with a few exceptions. Things have changed, which I can live with. But it bothers me that players like Bosh think they deserve a championship when they aren't even that good and aren't really good enough to take a team from contender to winner. Lebron fits in that category, but Bosh on his own isn't even close. I still find it comical when I recall that presentation of Lebron and Bosh (along with Wade) that they had in Miami after the original signings. Bosh was flexing and really getting into it, even though he isn't the caliber of Lebron (nobody really is at the moment) or even Wade in his prime (people forget that Wade won a championship prior to Lebron showing up). Just my two cents...

Bosh would be a perfect addition to this young Utah team. It would both jump start and put a wrench into Utah's plans for the future. I think bosh will stay in Miami or go to Houston, Lakers, or Golden State.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I miss the pre-Lebron NBA as well. Much better than what Lebron has almost single handedly created by getting his buddies together because he doesn't want to do it they way MJ and Bird did it. One of the reasons I really don't care for King James. And regarding Bosh, I would rather give GH the max than Bosh - different levels of the max but still would rather give it to GH. Bosh is greatly overrated. A nice complimentary player.

I miss the pre-Lebron NBA as well. Much better than what Lebron has almost single handedly created by getting his buddies together because he doesn't want to do it they way MJ and Bird did it. One of the reasons I really don't care for King James. And regarding Bosh, I would rather give GH the max than Bosh - different levels of the max but still would rather give it to GH. Bosh is greatly overrated. A nice complimentary player.
How did mj and bird do it? By playing on teams with multiple hall of famers around them?