What's new

Big 3 are breaking up? Could we offer a Max to Mr. Bosh?

How did mj and bird do it? By playing on teams with multiple hall of famers around them?

Where did most of those hall of famers come from? The draft. It's not a perfect system, and like everything, it takes a little luck. One issue is that the NBA is comprised of more teams now, so talent is thinner. We can blame David Stern for that. But, look at Oklahoma City or San Antonio. Their core players were drafted. Granted, they were fortunate to end up with Duncan and Durant, respectively, but it's much more compelling and interesting to watch.

Where did most of those hall of famers come from? The draft. It's not a perfect system, and like everything, it takes a little luck. One issue is that the NBA is comprised of more teams now, so talent is thinner. We can blame David Stern for that. But, look at Oklahoma City or San Antonio. Their core players were drafted. Granted, they were fortunate to end up with Duncan and Durant, respectively, but it's much more compelling and interesting to watch.
So lebron should have just stayed with cleveland (one of the worst franchises, especially in regards to drafting) and watched them blow draft pick after draft pick?

So lebron should have just stayed with cleveland (one of the worst franchises, especially in regards to drafting) and watched them blow draft pick after draft pick?

Yes. Lebron should have stayed. Dan Gilbert should have sacked up and had Mike Brown fired, and made management changes that would lead to better management, coaching, and draft picks.

What about it?

Yes. Lebron should have stayed. Dan Gilbert should have sacked up and had Mike Brown fired, and made management changes that would lead to better management, coaching, and draft picks.

What about it?
Point is..... if chicagos management surrounded jordan with mo williams, anthony parker, sasha pavlovic, jj hickson and mike brown instead of dennis rodman, horace grant, steve kerr, scottie pippen and phil jackson...... then i think jordan might have taken his talents to a different organization

Point is..... if chicagos management surrounded jordan with mo williams, anthony parker, sasha pavlovic, jj hickson and mike brown instead of dennis rodman, horace grant, steve kerr, scottie pippen and phil jackson...... then i think jordan might have taken his talents to a different organization

MJ was a major prima donna, selfish as **** - he would definitely have taken his talents elsewhere.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Seems like a really good fit for him actually. With Howard there having a stretch 4 could be huge for them.

Why do reporters always report every free agent is about to sign a max contract?:confused:

Can someone look up bosh numbers in the finals this last time?

...They'd certainly be more deep and dangerous with a guy like him on board. I'm not sure that he's worth the contract that he's likely to get if he leaves Miami, but I do think that he'd be a decent fit if they pursued him. IF they go after a max guy like that, they'd better be willing to fill out the roster and try to compete now. If they truly see Hayward as a SG, then they need to invest in a starting SF. Deng, Ariza, etc.

And that's the crux ... do we have enough talent on our roster to compete for a championship in two years? If the answer is no, then there is no point in bringing in a 30-year old max player.

The deal with HOU is getting some traction now .... LOL...

Looks like LeBron and Co. were right about NOT winning 3, not 4, not 5, not 6 titles... they're only gonna win 2.

It's a 4-yr deal. Plenty of bigs are still very good at 34.

Yeah but you become far more injury prone. Glen Robinson couldn't make it past 31. Boozer da Looser is breaking down fast, and there's a ton of forwards who break down before 34. Elton Brand, Jermaine O Neal, Bish may be an exception.. he's got range.