What's new

"Big Baby" busted with 126 grams of pot and $92K

It isn't related, buddy. $92k is a truck-load worth of weed. That little stash he had on him bears no logical relation to the money. He's an NBA millionaire.
Having a conversation about drugs with people who think they should be legal is an exercise in futility, but let me point out something that seems fairly simple yet is escaping your notice:

The money that he is holding wouldn't be for the drugs that he is still holding.

Having a conversation about drugs with people who think they should be legal is an exercise in futility, but let me point out something that seems fairly simple yet is escaping your notice:

The money that he is holding wouldn't be for the drugs that he is still holding.

No, it would be from his NBA career or whatever the **** else. Having any amount of money while also having an insignificant amount of marijuana is indicative of NOTHING. I DGAF that he had a "ledger" either. Cash on hand is not proof of ANYTHING ever. It especially is not something that the person with the cash bears the burden of proof on. If you want to say someones cash is ill-gotten, prove it. Otherwise, it is meaningless, imo.

I don't see how my position on drug legalization has anything to do with it. Nor am i concerned with your take on it.

I'm just saying that the amount of drugs he had on him is tiny compared to the amount of money. It would mean he already sold 99% of it. It's possible. But it's not an obvious connection.

Trump won an election and that's enough to convince lots of people that he must have colluded with the Russians, but learning that a guy with a supply of drugs, a ledger appearing to document the sale of drugs, an admitted business relationship with a drug supplier, and piles of cash doesn't arouse suspicion? Okay.

Trump won an election and that's enough to convince lots of people that he must have colluded with the Russians, but learning that a guy with a supply of drugs, a ledger appearing to document the sale of drugs, an admitted business relationship with a drug supplier, and piles of cash doesn't arouse suspicion? Okay.

I am not following the story, and i don't know the details. I made that comment in response to the first few posts, which mentioned the money and amount of weed.

I don't know which opinion of mine is giving you butthurt, but whatever. Continue being bitter.

You're so fun to have a discussion with...

I also must add that if you're referring to me with that comment about Trump and Russia, then you're mixing up the characters you fight with in your head. I've never made any such claim.

I also must add that if you're referring to me with that comment about Trump and Russia, then you're mixing up the characters you fight with in your head. I've never made any such claim.
For the record I've never made any claim to know Trump colluded with Russia and certainly not based on the fact that there are still enough racist misogynistic idiots to get him elected. So I don't know who Donuts is talking about but if he needs some windmills to fight I can point him in the right direction.

Now do I hope that Trump gets his *** handed to him by Mueller? YES PLEASE! I imagine it will be for financial crimes and obstructing justice, but I don't claim to know that Trump is guilty of anything other than being the worst President in U.S. history and an absolute disgrace.

I swear to god, since Trump was elected president, we've been living in an alternate reality.

Is this real life?

I am not following the story, and i don't know the details. I made that comment in response to the first few posts, which mentioned the money and amount of weed.

I don't know which opinion of mine is giving you butthurt, but whatever. Continue being bitter.
I'm not butthurt about anything. Some people commented that the amount of weed was small. I said that the cash was relevant, because at least some of it appears to have been the result of selling weed. If you had read the story I don't think you would have had any argument with me.

I'm not butthurt about anything. Some people commented that the amount of weed was small. I said that the cash was relevant, because at least some of it appears to have been the result of selling weed. If you had read the story I don't think you would have had any argument with me.
Uhh, all the reports say are that cops think they found something that list names and money. It could just be a ruse by the cops to tie it to distribution, as they can get more fine money out of him that way. It could have been a list of gambling debts, or any other kind of debts.

I like how they say 126grams when describing pot, like that's some huge number. It's not small, but it's not some big ballin' gangsta quantity either. It's more commonly referred to as a "QP" (quarter pound) or 4 ounces. Where an ounce is like when you buy your toilet paper at walmart and a QP is like when you buy your toilet paper at costco. More than you reasonably need right now, but you're gonna get around to using it all soon enough.

I think most anyone who has done drugs would use ounces just like you.

I don't see how my position on drug legalization has anything to do with it. Nor am i concerned with your take on it.

I'm just saying that the amount of drugs he had on him is tiny compared to the amount of money. It would mean he already sold 99% of it. It's possible. But it's not an obvious connection.

around 50 pounds of it by my calculations.

I swear to god, since Trump was elected president, we've been living in an alternate reality.

Is this real life?

Imagine it was 1954 and an NBA player was on a jet with a briefcase and...

Not that it's Trumps fault. But things have gotten a little crazy.

I mean if he can link a/multiple withdrawal/s from bank account/s to the cash he's carrying he should be fine except for the possession of weed charge in case he's in a state where it's not allowed. If he can't, then the police will probably try to investigate where that amount of cash suddenly appeared from. Weapon trades? Distribution of drugs? 92k in cash outta nowhere...unlikely!

Yes, our suspicions are only because he won an election. Yes, that must be it.

Have you read anything at all about his ties to the Russians? Like, even one iota’s worth of news?

Arouse suspicion? Sure.
Prove guilt? Nope

I’m willing to bet that he made more than 92,000 dollars in his nba career. If so, then would you agree that there is a chance that the money he had was not from selling drugs?

Arouse suspicion? Sure.
Prove guilt? Nope

I’m willing to bet that he made more than 92,000 dollars in his nba career. If so, then would you agree that there is a chance that the money he had was not from selling drugs?

I find these cash seizure laws you have interesting. Years ago i used to work for cash, it was not uncommon for me to have 3k in my pocket, no pay slip or anything like that normally just an envelope with my name on it, over there some cop could in say a traffic stop just take that yeah?