What's new

Big News Out of BYU??

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 2011 schedule will include Texas, Boise, Oregon St, Utah, USU, and Idaho (8-5 in 2009). they're going to need a few cupcake games to balance those games.

You can add Washington to the list for 2011 as well.

Texas
Boise
Oregon St.
Utah
Washington

That's potentialy 5 games against top 25 teams there folks. 4 BCS teams. That's more than a decent schedule.

BYU Football gets to play the likes of Texas, ND, Oklahoma, etc every year while Utah gets to play Washington State and Washington. Congrats on that one guys.
lol right because those teams will play you every year. But Utah will get cal, USC, UCLA, Stanford and the oregons. Have fun playing whats left of the WAC La tech, hawaii and san jose will love playing you every year. Too bad Utah won't get to play team that ******. NOT.

Are you claiming to not be a bigot then? Are you saying you hold no ill will toward the LDS church?

I'm not just claiming I'm not a bigot, I'm telling you for a fact that I'm not one. I also harbor no ill will towards the church. I've grown up extremely happy as a non-mormon in Utah and many of my closest friends and some family members are LDS.

Instead of asking the questions, why don't you try to actually answer what I asked you? Why are you making blanket assumptions that people are bigots if they hate BYU? In fact, I know quite a few LDS people who loathe BYU almost as much as I do. Are they bigots as well? Also, I'm pretty sure the irony will be lost on you, but you do realize that due to your sterotypical beliefs, you're the one who's actually the bigot?

By all means keep posting. The more you say, the more foolish you look.

BYU Football gets to play the likes of Texas, ND, Oklahoma, etc every year while Utah gets to play Washington State and Washington. Congrats on that one guys.

Umm, you guys are playing Washington this year, next year, and maybe beyond. You have a 3 game series with Texas for now. You've played Oklahoma once in recent history. In the PAC 10, USC, Cal, Oregon and Oregon St are all currently programs that you'll find in or near the top 25. I truley believe Sarkisian has Washington on the way up (and BYU must agree with me because they see a certain value in playing them), Stanford may well end up being a ranked team again and Harbaugh definitely has that program moving forward. These are all schools that you'll see Utah playing on a consistant rotation. I'll take that over your 3 year deal with Texas, thank you very much.

Also, Utah will have BYU on their schedule each and every year so if the Cougars are as big and bad as you think they are, then that's a bonus for Utah's scheduling, right? Your attempt to make Utah's scheduling look somehow less than BYU's was pathetic and flat-out silly.

This is selective comparison, not unlike a car commercial where Brand X has better handling than brand Y, and better braking than Brand Z. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a better car than either.

This is selective comparison, not unlike a car commercial where Brand X has better handling than brand Y, and better braking than Brand Z. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a better car than either.

True. Those types of commercials always annoy me. And I take back my earlier anti-Ute fan comment. Apparently some BYU fans are just as annoying with the "our schedule is better than your schedule" comments.

True. Those types of commercials always annoy me. And I take back my earlier anti-Ute fan comment. Apparently some BYU fans are just as annoying with the "our schedule is better than your schedule" comments.

Hmmmm.

Anyone else remember Brand X Hamburgers in Springville? Best Hamburgers in Utah.

You can add Washington to the list for 2011 as well.

Texas
Boise
Oregon St.
Utah
Washington

That's potentialy 5 games against top 25 teams there folks. 4 BCS teams. That's more than a decent schedule.

Shut the front door.

I take back everything I ever said about the cougs going independent.

I'll believe this when it is set in stone but if they can land three games a year against teams from the Pac ****ing 12 then holy **** balls that is a hell of a deal.

What I wouldnt give to have some of the big boys from the BCS like Washington, Oregon St, and Utah coming into town next fall to take on The Utes. Color me impressed.

This is a slam dunk home run knock it out of the park shoot from the hip take no prisoners ask no questions round up your posse lay the wood down keep your friends close and your enemies closer type of deal from the cougs. Well done.

I'll say it again, just to let it sink in...

The PAC 12. Three times in one season. Boom. Your move Utah.

Shut the front door.

I take back everything I ever said about the cougs going independent.

I'll believe this when it is set in stone but if they can land three games a year against teams from the Pac ****ing 12 then holy **** balls that is a hell of a deal.

What I wouldnt give to have some of the big boys from the BCS like Washington, Oregon St, and Utah coming into town next fall to take on The Utes. Color me impressed.

This is a slam dunk home run knock it out of the park shoot from the hip take no prisoners ask no questions round up your posse lay the wood down keep your friends close and your enemies closer type of deal from the cougs. Well done.

I'll say it again, just to let it sink in...

The PAC 12. Three times in one season. Boom. Your move Utah.

Nice sarcasm but you are being specifically obtuse at this point. Yes, there are three PAC teams in there but there is also Boise who is yearly amongst the best in the country as well as the best the BIG 12 has to offer and a perennial NC contender. Can they do this every year? That remains to be seen but 2011 is a good sign of what's possible.

There's a fine line between brilliance and idiot savant. What does this has to do with you? Nothing. You're just retarded.

Are you claiming to not be a bigot then? Are you saying you hold no ill will toward the LDS church?

I hold no Ill will toward the LDS church. Just their POS hypocritical fans like you. And their POS school and athletic programs.

So now that you have your answers are you ready to answer him? No. Didn't think so you never bring any thing worth a **** to the conversation.

TROLL ON TROLLNAN.

I've grown up extremely happy as a non-mormon in Utah and many of my closest friends and some family members are LDS.
It's just so interesting that the biggest BYU haters on this board are also non-LDS. Geez, wonder why that is.

I hold no Ill will toward the LDS church. Just their POS hypocritical fans like you. And their POS school and athletic programs.

So now that you have your answers are you ready to answer him? No. Didn't think so you never bring any thing worth a **** to the conversation.

TROLL ON TROLLNAN.
Like I said, it's interesting that the biggest BYU haters on this board are also not LDS. Hmmmmm.

Get your bigotry on, Son!!!

It's just so interesting that the biggest BYU haters on this board are also non-LDS. Geez, wonder why that is.

Well look at it this way: Even if you're not a bigot towards mormons, why in the world would you root for BYU if you're a non-mormon? Sure, I know a couple of non-mormons who root for the Y but they are few and far between.

Again, try to address the "bigot" name-calling without side-stepping it. Coward.

Like I said, it's interesting that the biggest BYU haters on this board are also not LDS. Hmmmmm.

I've really never given BYU much thought, though I've always sort of liked them, I guess in part because two of my favorite all-time quarterbacks came from BYU. But now, after reading enough of Conan's posts, I'm somehow seeing the school and its athletic programs in a rather unfavorable light.

I've really never given BYU much thought, though I've always sort of liked them, I guess in part because two of my favorite all-time quarterbacks came from BYU. But now, after reading enough of Conan's posts, I'm somehow seeing the school and its athletic programs in a rather unfavorable light.

Word.

Careful Moe. Conan's attitude is not typical of all BYU fans. Just most of them.

I know exactly how you feel. Several members here has soured by casual indifference towards Utah to the point where I hope Utah fails just to make their lives misearble if even just a little bit.

I know exactly how you feel. Several members here has soured by casual indifference towards Utah to the point where I hope Utah fails just to make their lives misearble if even just a little bit.

You hate Utah and love BYU... Are you LDS? You must be a bigot!

I am LDS loser. So is my whole family. Were are also all Utah fans mostly because of BYU's arrogance and hypocrisy.

It is interesting how often you are just plain wrong and stupid.

Again hypocritical and a bigot is a perfect description of you.

I am a Utah fan but I totally support byu's move, there one of the only teams that could pull this off. Also screw the mountain west. This will only make our rivalry better and represent our state better. With the PAC 12 and byu's independence there will be some great competition and teams here in Utah. Quit all the fighting and leave it for game. It's just football, don't make it more than it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.