What's new

Big News Out of BYU??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hate Utah and love BYU... Are you LDS? You must be a bigot!

I really don't hate Utah. I've been to a number of their games and have enjoyed my expereinces in RES. I cheer for Utah and thought them beating Alabama was great.

What I can't stand is many Utah fans. Sadly, it brings a tear of joy to my eye to think of Utah getting bitch slapped around by Pitt just to shut up a few of the more obnoxious Ute fans around here.

I really don't hate Utah. I've been to a number of their games and have enjoyed my expereinces in RES. I cheer for Utah and thought them beating Alabama was great.

What I can't stand is many Utah fans. Sadly, it brings a tear of joy to my eye to think of Utah getting bitch slapped around by Pitt just to shut up a few of the more obnoxious Ute fans around here.

In this thread where Conan is being typical Conan (which is exactly how many BYU fans act) how can you not say the same thing about BYU's delusional fans?

Are you LDS? You must be a bigot, lol.

In this thread where Conan is being typical Conan (which is exactly how many BYU fans act) how can you not say the same thing about BYU's delusional fans?

Let me show you something

In this thread where U Gotta Love It Baby is being typical U Gotta Love It Baby (which is exactly how many Utah fans act) how can you not say the same thing about Utah's delusional fans?

I agree. It's the obnoxious, delusional, uneducated fans of any team that make the whole issue of rivalries so miserable and Utah has equally as many as BYU.

I've really never given BYU much thought, though I've always sort of liked them, I guess in part because two of my favorite all-time quarterbacks came from BYU. But now, after reading enough of Conan's posts, I'm somehow seeing the school and its athletic programs in a rather unfavorable light.
Some folks are easily influenced. You are my puppet!!!

Let me show you something

I agree. It's the obnoxious, delusional, uneducated fans of any team that make the whole issue of rivalries so miserable and Utah has equally as many as BYU.

Both sides have delusional, arrogant fans but I'm sorry: BYU has more. While that obviously sounds like hate coming from a Ute fan, the fact of the matter is that nobody else see's the Utes as arrogant and holier than thou except for BYU fans. The Cougars on the other hand, have much more haters and detractors across the country than Utah does. Do you think that's by accident?

Now, let me also say that on this board, you're probably right. There's a pretty good mix of lunatics from both sides of the fringe, and as far as BYU being hated by more people that Utah, I will readily admit that a lot of that probably comes from the success BYU enjoyed in the Lavelle era, but I also know that a lot of that hate comes from the way the school carries itself- both on and off the field of play and the sense of entitlement a lot (not all) of BYU fans seem to have.

Even if you're not a bigot towards mormons, why in the world would you root for BYU if you're a non-mormon? Sure, I know a couple of non-mormons who root for the Y but they are few and far between.

Again, try to address the "bigot" name-calling without side-stepping it. Coward.
You think Notre Dame has many non-catholic followers? Thanks for proving my point and showing you are the real coward.

You think Notre Dame has many non-catholic followers? Thanks for proving my point and showing you are the real coward.

You can continue to try and catogorize me however you like. I have so many positive relationships with people in my life who are Mormon that I really don't need to engage in your hate mongering any further. In looking over the last page or two of this thread, it's obvious how most of the people on this board feel about you (even fellow Cougar fans) and you're only continuing to show your ignorance with each coming post. In closing, I'll leave you with this:

It's funny how I'm a mormon-hating "bigot" in your eyes, yet my favorite college team has a high amount of LDS players and obviously comes in 2nd right behind BYU for having the most Mormon atheletes at their school.

I didn't see the tag from jazzgal12 to you. Better check with the ref son.

In 144 posts have you ever said anything of worth? Nope didn't think so. Troll posts 100%. You don't even try anymore I don't get how you are still allowed to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.