What's new

Bill Simmons: Prediction No. 1: Utah tries like hell to trade up for Jabari Parker.

#5 + #23 should be enough to move up 2 spots to get Parker. It would be similar to the Burke's deal. Jazz gave up 14+21 for 9, meaning an average 17 pick to move up 5 picks. This year they could do an average 14 pick to move up 2 spots.

It does not work like that.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];831939 said:
It's weird to hear you present yourself as someone who is talking the plainest common sense......... when you are also making an assload of assumption about a 19 year old kid as the background for your points. Check yourself homeboy.

My point is the guys we have already proved to be limited and will max out as role players. Parker is widely regarded as possibly turning into a future star. Not sure that this decision is very difficult for front offices. Willing to bet any of them would take Jabari over continuing with our role players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point is the guys we have already proved to be limited and will max out as role players. Parker is widely regarded as possibly turning into a future star. Not sure that this decision is very difficult for front offices. Willing to bet any of them would take Jabari over continuing with our role players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you, I'm sure they want Jabari. I'm also sure they'll draw a line somewhere instead of getting **** on during the negotiations. #5, #23, Burks, and a future pick-swap feels a bit like getting **** on to me. Just my opinion.

#5 #23 and Kanter for any of the top 4. Don't care which.

Edit: but I'll throw in the 2017 GS pick if it is the difference between Wiggins & Jabari/Exum.

There isn't a shortage of fat guys who play no D who can score 20+ in the NBA.

Uhmmmmm, there were only 13 guys in the NBA who averaged over 20 points. I don't think any of them were fat. So I guess there is a shortage of fat guys who can score 20+ points in the NBA.

Why don't people want to trade any of the current starters for a pick to land jabari?? I find it hilarious that people on this board think ANYONE on the jazz roster is better than Wiggins/Parker/Emblid.. There's a reason why we finished with the 4th worst NBA record people.

Why don't people want to trade any of the current starters for a pick to land jabari?? I find it hilarious that people on this board think ANYONE on the jazz roster is better than Wiggins/Parker/Emblid.. There's a reason why we finished with the 4th worst NBA record people.

Where's the guarantee that Parker will be any better than Marvin Williams? Remember people thought so highly of Marvin that he was picked ahead of both Deron and CP3. The "experts" and fans loved Marvin Williams. In fact, at the time a lot of people said he was the top prospect, but that Bogut was simply the safe pick for #1 overall.

Exactly. Burks is just 22 and put up 18, 4 and 4 on 46% FGs at 22 in his first real season. It's not out of the question he could be a top 5 SG in the next few years. Too steep a price for a rookie with weight concerns who may or may not be a good player.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

So how did I miss burks putting up 18, 4 and 4? What season did that happen in? Oh wait it didn't.

Where's the guarantee that Parker will be any better than Marvin Williams? Remember people thought so highly of Marvin that he was picked ahead of both Deron and CP3. The "experts" and fans loved Marvin Williams. In fact, at the time a lot of people said he was the top prospect, but that Bogut was simply the safe pick for #1 overall.

Not a good comparison.

Marvin was a pure potential pick. It didn't have much to do with what he did on the court. He didn't even start for his own team. Jabari is far better than Marvin was.

Just wondering guys, but when was the last time there was a draft with up to 5 or 6 players who would have or potential could have went #1 the year before?

This.

We earned our terrible record.

If there's a chance we can land Jabari, you take it. We need a franchise player. He absolutely fits that description.