What's new

Bold Predictions for 2013 Draftees

I wanted Shabazz, Karasev, Gobert, Giannis, Schroeder in this order. I didn't think we would move up but I was genuinely happy we got Trey.

Can you imagine if we had drafted Gannis at #14, gobert at #21 and got Neto as well? We would've won the draft single handedly.

If I'm reading stats correctly, Neto is currently averaging 9/4 in 8 games. Not sure if he is a PG who fits what Quin wants to do.

I wanted Trey, Gobert and Shabazz. We should have drafted the greek freek and Gobert. Would have been awesome. Hindsight is always better though.

Also, that would be crazy to have drafted Giannis, Gobert and Neto followed by Exum. We would have had almost half the team as international players. crazy.

I wanted Shabazz, Karasev, Gobert, Giannis, Schroeder in this order. I didn't think we would move up but I was genuinely happy we got Trey.

Other players I wanted were Livio Jean-Charles, Ricky Ledo, Nedovic and Nogueira. I said MCW would bust, still waiting for that.

Nice bump.

I like these prediction threads. Makes for a fun read.

I was 2 of 3 in my predictions. I predicted Bazz would suck. I predicted Oladipo would be good. But predicted Jeff Whithey would be good. I don't even know what's up with him. That's a whiff.

I like how people predicted Giannis and Gobert would be good. Those were home run predictions for where they were drafted.

Cy hyped up Porter pretty good. He hasn't shown it all the way yet, but has shown signs. That might come true.

Overall some pretty good and pretty bad predictions so far.
You do realize that Oladipo sucks???

wolters will be better tnan Burke, and be the best PG of the draft behind Schroeder

MCW will learn how to shoot and be at 42% FG and 13-15 ppg by his 3rd year

Shabazz will still be a one dimensional selfish diva, but only averaging 12 ppg. Defense will remain horrible.

Kelly Olynyk will be caught smoking, or testing positive for pot, and then his high body fat % will make perfect sense.

Giannis will look like a bust until year 4

0/5. Yikes. Don't see a future NBA front office job for you.

/justplayin

Nice bump.

I like these prediction threads. Makes for a fun read.

I was 2 of 3 in my predictions. I predicted Bazz would suck. I predicted Oladipo would be good. But predicted Jeff Whithey would be good. I don't even know what's up with him. That's a whiff.

I like how people predicted Giannis and Gobert would be good. Those were home run predictions for where they were drafted.

Cy hyped up Porter pretty good. He hasn't shown it all the way yet, but has shown signs. That might come true.

Overall some pretty good and pretty bad predictions so far.

Now only 1 for 3.

Shabazz apparently doesn't suck so far.

Now only 1 for 3.

Shabazz apparently doesn't suck so far.

14 points, 4 rebounds on 41% from 3, all in just 23 minutes a game. Not to mention a 20 PER.

He's serviceable, for sure. He was actually my homer pick in that one thread. Not because I thought he'd be amazing, but because I figured he'd be better than most guys drafted ahead of him, since he was projected to possibly fall out of the lottery.

Those that chose Gobert or Giannis for their homer picks were obviously the winners, though. They're the best two players from that draft and neither were drafted very high. What a ****ing weird draft that was. We got really lucky with Gobert.

Shabazz is also the classic prototype of "putting up stats on bad team". He doesn;t play defense or pass, but he can score.