What's new

Bold Predictions for 2013 Draftees

I think weight is a big concern - 23 years old and only 222 lbs. That is not a playable weight as an NBA center. He also tested as a worse leaper than the 260 lb version of Kanter, pretty bad. A team like Miami who is desperate for a center would probably love to get him in the late first round if they could buy Phoenix or OKC's late first.

Correct. Withey is very slow, soft, and has about an anthill's worth of offensive skill. I'd be shocked if he ever gets significant minutes in the NBA. He would need to develop a lot.

Bump this.

Archie Goodwin will be grabbing headlines (in a good way) within 2 years in the league and will go top 10 in a re-draft.

Archie Goodwin will be out of the league in 2 years, and Catchall shamed over to realgm.

Six months ago, he was still being compared to Russel Westbrook and showing up in the top 10 in mocks. Now he's supposed to be a mid-2nd rounder. I haven't seen anyone's draft stock flip-flop like that since....well,.......since....I dunno.....maybe Josh Selby two years ago (who happens to be out of the league). But Archie ain't goin out like that. Oh and then there's PJIII and Quincy Miller....and probably a few others....but whatever.

Kentucky was a situation where their bigs couldn't score, Poythress was lackadaisical, Harrow was erratic, their outside shooting was shaky, and teams just packed in a zone that Goodwin couldn't beat because he's not polished enough yet. He wasn't ready to lead that team.

There will be a second rounder who will be considered top 5 after a season or two.

Here's my predictions.

I will be BOLD!

Jazz take McCollum or Bazz at #13. Whoever is left over. Hopeful Bazz.

Larkin at #19.

Archie at #31.

Woltors at #33

Bullock at #18. We get that pick for Burks +46.

+/- on this happening is 19%. PointGabgab can prove it.

Bold predictions

Zeller will have the best NBA career.

Jazz will move up to get McCollum (or at least try to) -- Hayward/ McCollum character guys set the tone in the locker room.

Nogueira will be a beast in 5 years.

Book it.

Six months ago, he was still being compared to Russel Westbrook and showing up in the top 10 in mocks. Now he's supposed to be a mid-2nd rounder. I haven't seen anyone's draft stock flip-flop like that since....well,.......since....I dunno.....maybe Josh Selby two years ago (who happens to be out of the league). But Archie ain't goin out like that. Oh and then there's PJIII and Quincy Miller....and probably a few others....but whatever.

Kentucky was a situation where their bigs couldn't score, Poythress was lackadaisical, Harrow was erratic, their outside shooting was shaky, and teams just packed in a zone that Goodwin couldn't beat because he's not polished enough yet. He wasn't ready to lead that team.

The combine hurt him a little as well. Overall I think there is a gravitation toward drafting more NBA ready players than 5 years ago. GMs don't want to draft a guy and develop him just so that he is finally ready to contribute in his last year, just in time for a high roller like Cuban or Allen to outbid you on his services.

I might be wrong that McCollum will be a stud, but to me he is one of the most sure things in the draft as far as being at least a solid player. Almost no bust potential IMO

posted from my htc one using tapaBONGO

D.J. Stephens
d.j.stephens.jpg
Recent TweetsAll TweetsDraftExpress: D.J. Stephens also has the 5th fastest 3\/4 court sprint time ever narrowly edging out Joe Alexanderhttps://t.co/swaThB5ow9
2013-05-22 15:55:44DraftExpress: D.J. Stephens has the highest max vert reach (12' 5.5") in the history of our database edging out Shaq by a 1\/2 inch

I like Stevens big time.