What's new

*Breaking News* Jazz called up Millsap, Murry from DLeague

44-38 as a 6th seed playoff team. 40-26 as 5th seed the year before that. Not bottom feeders.

I meant that in the sense they bottom fed on free agents who were still available after almost all teams had used up their cap space. Most valuations had Millsap getting close to what David Lee received. Instead, the Hawks swooped in (pun intended) and got him for $9.5M and only 2 years. The market dried up before Millsap got fair value. So he may not have as much loyalty to them as we think. The 2-yr deal was a discount over what he should have made. Perhaps Utah can "show him respect" by offering him a lot more.

If I were DL, I'd view Paul as an upgrade over Enes. I'd hedge my bets by still making the qualifying offer to Enes. But, IINM, that can be rescinded. So call Paul on July 1st and offer him $60M/4 years. If he accepts, THEN rescind the rights to Enes and Booker to create the cap room. At the same time have Quin personally contact DMC and offer him our full MLE.

At the same time have Quin personally contact DMC and offer him our full MLE.

If we use cap room, the only exception we can use is the room exception at $2.7 million. He's making 2.4 now and is playing on the #1 seed in the east. Between Sap and DMC and Green, it just seems like Jazz fans are setting their sights a bit high. If we're going to try and steal a player in FA, it's probably better to go after guys other than those who's teams have a shot at a championship and can afford to pay them. If Utah does somehow find a FA to sign that would require renouncing Kanter, I suspect it will be someone who is a bit under the radar instead of someone at the top of everybody's list.

When Paul Millsap first started playing for the Jazz there were a few locals on here saying one of his brothers was a complete D-bag. Can't remember if it was John or Elijah.

When Paul Millsap first started playing for the Jazz there were a few locals on here saying one of his brothers was a complete D-bag. Can't remember if it was John or Elijah.

Both Milsap brothers used to come to games all the time. They used to sit 20 feet away from me and one row below so I got a good look at how they interacted with fans. They were by no means friendly but they were also not rude or D-bags. Saps Mom seemed super nice and friendly but the rest are just shy I think.

Over/under 18 minutes tonight?

Good over/under LJ.

Thanks, LJ.

I really liked the intensity that he played with. His shot was obviously wild because of all the adrenaline but the rest of his game was solid. I think he could easily make the team for the rest of the season.

If we use cap room, the only exception we can use is the room exception at $2.7 million. He's making 2.4 now and is playing on the #1 seed in the east. Between Sap and DMC and Green, it just seems like Jazz fans are setting their sights a bit high. If we're going to try and steal a player in FA, it's probably better to go after guys other than those who's teams have a shot at a championship and can afford to pay them. If Utah does somehow find a FA to sign that would require renouncing Kanter, I suspect it will be someone who is a bit under the radar instead of someone at the top of everybody's list.
We'll be over the cap with holds for Enes, Booker and draft picks. I think we'll have the full MLE to use. Am I wrong on that?
Jazz already have a roster full of second-tier starters and backups. Need to upgrade. I'm not on the Green bandwagon because he's a RFA. Because DMC is ONLY making $2.7M AND was very close to Ty, I think there's a chance to bring him back. And if DMC and Paul know Utah wants to bring both of them back, that could convince them to make the leap. Plus the Hawks FO is in shambles. The team is up for sale and the GM is suspended. Time to swoop in before Atlanta determines who's in charge.

Last edited:
We'll be over the cap with holds for Enes, Booker and draft picks. I think we'll have the full MLE to use.

But in your scenario, didn't Utah renounce Kanter to sign Millsap? If they renounce Kanter to use cap room, then they only have the room exception. If Utah matches Kanter and doesn't try to use any cap room, then they'll have the full NT MLE at 5.3 million.
-
It used to be that you had to renounce ALL of your exceptions to use any cap room. Now they've added the room exception of 2.7 that you can use if you want use cap room instead of your exceptions. It's kind of an exception to the exceptions.;)

Last edited: