What's new

*Breaking News* Jazz called up Millsap, Murry from DLeague

No one can convince me that there isn't an (additional) angle being played here...

Does this convince you?

The Jazz just gave him a 10 day contract, if there was a different motive, why wouldn't we offer a full year?

Because it might be wasted money. I don't think this play is all about an overture to Paul, but I think it's part of the equation.

Everyone put this on your useless, pea-brains:

Paul Millsap is currently the best home-grown player that the Jazz have produced and has been for several years now. How in the **** would the Jazz not be rosy for him, or really any team? He ****ing rules and he ruled while he was here.

What would we give up for him and why wouldn't he stay with the Hawks? Are you thinking trade or future free agent signing?

What would we give up for him and why wouldn't he stay with the Hawks? Are you thinking trade or future free agent signing?

He signed a 2-yr deal with Atlanta so he's going to be an UFA. No trade necessary; Atlanta doesn't have matching rights. Hawks COULD offer more if they desired + an additional year. Guess it all depends on how much he likes Atlanta and the chance to compete for a title vs. returning to Utah. He's from the South, so advantage to Hawks on that. But his brother now plays for the Jazz, he lived in Utah for many years and had high praise for Quin Snyder (of course I'm sure Budenholzer is a great coach, too). Make it a package deal and bring Millsap over on a max offer + Carroll for the MLE. Hawks can then sign Kanter as a replacement.

He signed a 2-yr deal with Atlanta so he's going to be an UFA. No trade necessary; Atlanta doesn't have matching rights. Hawks COULD offer more if they desired + an additional year. Guess it all depends on how much he likes Atlanta and the chance to compete for a title vs. returning to Utah. He's from the South, so advantage to Hawks on that. But his brother now plays for the Jazz, he lived in Utah for many years and had high praise for Quin Snyder (of course I'm sure Budenholzer is a great coach, too). Make it a package deal and bring Millsap over on a max offer + Carroll for the MLE. Hawks can then sign Kanter as a replacement.

I don't see reasons why Millsap should accept to return to play with the Jazz...he became All-Star with the Hawks at his first year and I have big doubts that he would have played an All-Star game if he had remained with the Jazz. Hawks believed in him and gave him the key of their franchise so they will do their utmost to keep him!

Jazz could have kept him but decided to ditch him....in addition he didn't get the right respect from the Jazz coaching staff despite his hard work and dedication...he plays winning basketball and should have become our franchise player!

Anyway I'm glad he is successful even with another jersey!

I don't see reasons why Millsap should accept to return to play with the Jazz...he became All-Star with the Hawks at his first year and I have big doubts that he would have played an All-Star game if he had remained with the Jazz. Hawks believed in him and gave him the key of their franchise so they will do their utmost to keep him!

Jazz could have kept him but decided to ditch him....in addition he didn't get the right respect from the Jazz coaching staff despite his hard work and dedication...he plays winning basketball and should have become our franchise player!

Utah has x2 potential superstars in Exum and Gobert though, whereas the Hawks have none.

We'd have to offer Paul an astronomical sum for him to come back (maxish). He is about 30 and isn't going to want to be part of a rebuilding effort.

Hawks were bottom feeders who got him for cheap. He wasn't given the keys to their franchise...those belong to Horford and Teague. I think it unlikely he returns to Utah, but there would certainly be some reasons he might, including his relationship with Quin, several jazz players, ties to the community. And PERHAPS the opportunity to play with his brother. The reasons he probably wouldn't are as you stated: DL decided to make the GS trade and let him go, in part to clear up the logjam and let Favors/Kanter start. But that can be patched up by blaming the offensive strategy on Ty. However. there would still be the question of who starts with Favors, Gobert and Millsap. But he's only 30 and DL has talked about the need for the team to have toughness and leadership.

Renounce Enes and don't pick up the option on Booker and Utah could offer Millsap up to $15M. I think they should also go after DMC with the MLE. If one commits, there's a much bigger chance they both come over. And remember, DMC credits Quin for helping him improve his game and become a 3PT shooter and starter. Hate to lose Booker, but Millsap is the perfect player for Quin's system. And so is DMC. With Carroll, just have Alec come off the bench and move Hayward back to SG.