What's new

Buffalo Shooting

WTF are you doing with its hind parts? Do you know what they do to people like you in prison?

That is insane. Can those big ones bite you? Is there any danger when catching them?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
no, they can't bite you. sore muscles is pretty much all danger... or losing your grip and donating rod to the river:). If you ever want to come for sturgeon fishing let me know... I can recommend very good guides for that.

100% this is what I've talked about many many times on Jazzfanz. We need better standards and rules of engagement if citizens are going to waltz around all willy-nilly with their weapons thinking they've been deputized to enforce the law when they absolutely HAVE NOT.
****ing wild west was largely a myth. Modern day U.S. is entering real wild west territory.

With the Tulsa shooting yesterday, the governor is saying it's 'too soon' to talk about about any changes to firearms policies.

Too soon? WTF is he talking about? Regardless of whether you want to change or anything or not, I think we can agree that's a horrible statement and in many ways, it's worse than just saying 'We're not changing anything.' as it's at least not a blatant lie.

With the Tulsa shooting yesterday, the governor is saying it's 'too soon' to talk about about any changes to firearms policies.

Too soon? WTF is he talking about? Regardless of whether you want to change or anything or not, I think we can agree that's a horrible statement and in many ways, it's worse than just saying 'We're not changing anything.' as it's at least not a blatant lie.
The old lines of "Thoughts and prayers" and "It's too soon" aren't good enough anymore. This **** ain't new. It's NOT too soon, it's too late because you could have and should have seen this coming to your community after the countless other times this has happened in the U.S..

The old lines of "Thoughts and prayers" and "It's too soon" aren't good enough anymore. This **** ain't new. It's NOT too soon, it's too late because you could have and should have seen this coming to your community after the countless other times this has happened in the U.S..

Guy was able to pass Oklahoma’s laws fairly easily as they have no waiting period and as long as you have no felonies, you’ll get by the instant check.

Again, it won’t stop every violent act, but new gun purchases should require stronger background checks and an interview. That doesn’t disrespect any second amendment rights, just sound management of introducing more guns into the ecosystem.

It does suck for gun owners who are responsible, but we as a society have laws because of the <1% of that **** it up. Guns are no different.

I think its funny how people are like “this isnt a gun issue its a mental health issue” and those same people want all our teachers armed in the classroom with our kids as if if teachers have an immunity to mental health problems.

I think its funny how people are like “this isnt a gun issue its a mental health issue” and those same people want all our teachers armed in the classroom with our kids as if if teachers have an immunity to mental health problems.

Or those who claim it's a mental health issue and then slash mental health funding...

After a gunman killed 19 children and two adults at an elementary school in Uvalde last week, Gov. Greg Abbott called for better mental health resources in order to avoid similar tragedies in the future.

“We as a state, we as a society need to do a better job with mental health,” Abbott said the day after the shooting. “Anybody who shoots somebody else has a mental health challenge. Period. We as a government need to find a way to target that mental health challenge and to do something about it.”
But Abbott’s administration has redirected funds from the state agency responsible for mental health. Texas’ Health and Human Services Commission was one of the agencies the state took money from to help finance Operation Lone Star, the governor’s border security mission... This is a state that ranks last in the country in terms of access to mental health resources, in part because of the state’s refusal to expand Medicaid. And at the school level, 98% of Texas students attend schools that lack adequate counselors. And that was a finding from the Houston Chronicle in April. So you can see a disconnect where the governor is saying mental health is the most important issue, But the Texas GOP record on this does not reflect that being an urgent concern.

It's a multifaceted issue. They can't grasp the complexity. Or they refuse to acknowledge it. No one thing is going to entirely stop this aside from a military operation to confiscate all weapons and stop all weapon sales in the US.

Or those who claim it's a mental health issue and then slash mental health funding...

Also, why would they want to arm a bunch of groomer pedophiles with guns around the children?
Cant trust a teacher to even talk to a child or teach a child but can totally trust them to have guns around children right? Makes total sense.

It's a multifaceted issue. They can't grasp the complexity. Or they refuse to acknowledge it. No one thing is going to entirely stop this aside from a military operation to confiscate all weapons and stop all weapon sales in the US.
Don't forget, there are more guns than people in this country. Even if everyone was willing to give them up (and some would very violently object) it would still take a loooooong time.

Don't forget, there are more guns than people in this country. Even if everyone was willing to give them up (and some would very violently object) it would still take a loooooong time.

Guns need ammo. Ban the production, sale, and ownership of ammo immediately, and you'll see the difference.

Guns need ammo. Ban the production, sale, and ownership of ammo immediately, and you'll see the difference.
Many people reload. You'd get a cottage industry ala prohibition speak-easies for ammo.

Many people reload. You'd get a cottage industry ala prohibition speak-easies for ammo.
At least a lot less people would have ammo though. And those people would be risking getting caught.

Beau brought up an interesting point. While the current SCOTUS would probably strike down any gun regulations, they have shown some acceptance towards banning certain PEOPLE from having guns.

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60% of all mass shootings are done by someone with a history of domestic violence.