What's new

Buffalo Shooting

You forgot that they are perfect. Listening to co workers talk about their guns and show pictures and spend hella money on their guns makes me disagree with you. These folks definitely see them as right. And a something to love for their awesomeness. They more than simply exist. I hear some co workers talk more about their guns than their kids. They show pictures of their guns more than they do of their kids. They spend more money on their guns than their kids.
Sounds like you work with idjits. I have never worked with anyone like that. I own a large number of guns but have never taken pictures of them. The people I shoot with are largely the same. I mostly shoot for fun, hunting very rarely these days.

Like anything, the silent majority of gun owners are likely reasonable.

Let me get this straight: we don’t trust teachers to choose the right books, don’t trust them that they’ll say the right thing in class and want to record them, don’t trust them when they said that little Johnny isn’t turning in homework or saying the N word in class, don’t trust them to do the job they’re trained and educated for yet now you want to trust them to handle a firearm to protect your kids?

Let me get this straight: we don’t trust teachers to choose the right books, don’t trust them that they’ll say the right thing in class and want to record them, don’t trust them when they said that little Johnny isn’t turning in homework or saying the N word in class, don’t trust them to do the job they’re trained and educated for yet now you want to trust them to handle a firearm to protect your kids?
With the way some of my short-tempered teachers were treated by certain students, and how those teachers responded, the last thing I'd want is any teacher having a gun. I don't trust cops with guns either. Everyone is human.

Well maybe if gun laws were more restrictive and better enforced when he got mad he could just go make some tiktoks or get some ice cream. If it was harder to get a gun maybe he calms down. I'm going to blame the laws directly related to the crime and not try to change the whole world in this instance.
Driver's License. Military or public service conscription. Some people need self-protection as bad as any can need a driver's license.

Laws that regulate cars and guns should define offenses in terms of harm to others done with such. Shouldn't matter if gun, knife, or truck is used to kill anyone. Equal harm, equal offense, equal crime. Planning and Intent are valid lines of judgment, reckless disregard and such.

No more media blitzes triggering copycat crimes. Just let the police and courts deal with it all.

I "liked" your response above because I believe peoiple have rights to think. The public right to restrict a personal right like self-defense needs a compelling reason, which you do not have here.

With the way some of my short-tempered teachers were treated by certain students, and how those teachers responded, the last thing I'd want is any teacher having a gun. I don't trust cops with guns either. Everyone is human.
I wouldn't object to screening teachers with proclivities for temper excursions any more that I'd object to such screenings for cops.

I actually feel like the ability to impart knowledge to immature humans and the ability to project pieces of metal into another human being are completely separate skills.

And unfortunate.
I at least hope they deploy some of the nonsensical solutions they’ve proposed for schools to be used at this NRA convention. Stuff like tripwire, one door for the entire building, mandatory prayer, moats filled with alligators, electrified fences, and velociraptors.

Always wanted to catch a sturgeon. And that one is just a baby right? They get much bigger iirc

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
This is lake sturgeon, they can get bigger but anything over 60 inches is considered big catch. The one I am holding is 49 inches. White sturgeon on the other hand can get to 12-13 ft… my best is only 7’7….A1502303-2621-48C6-B0FB-6E8E378AE3C7.jpeg

This is lake sturgeon, they can get bigger but anything over 60 inches is considered big catch. The one I am holding is 49 inches. White sturgeon on the other hand can get to 12-13 ft… my best is only 7’7….View attachment 12147

WTF are you doing with its hind parts? Do you know what they do to people like you in prison?

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Nah... he shouldn't be able to buy any gun at 18... if he can't buy any guns then he has to steal one...
Sort of like when the government banned the sale of marijuana at pharmacies, they had to steal it?

I'm not against raising the age to purchase firearms to 21 or even 24. I simply don't see that having any sizable impact on school shootings and think people point to it because they don't want to addresses the real issues driving this phenomenon. Guns didn't suddenly pop into existence on April 20, 1999.

If we aren't going to treat 18 year olds like adults, let's move the age of adulthood to 21.
This is an interesting proposal. I don't think it will stop school shootings but it is clear that 18 year old kids are kids and doing that may solve other problems. They shouldn't have guns. They shouldn't be voting. They should be able to enter into contracts like school loan agreements that burden their lives. If 18 year old kids don't think that is fair then tell them to blame millenials and gen-z who f'd it up for them.

I have done a lot of hunting. never saw anyone use an AR-15 to shoot a rabbit, deer, duck, grouse, chucker, pheasant, antelope, etc etc etc. Seems like the crazies love to shoot up a bunch of folks with the AR-15 though. I know I know there is virtually no difference between the AR-15 and your average hunting rifle. There is one big difference between the two though. Perception. If they were perceived the same way then we would see lots of hunters using AR-15's and lots of mass human killers using a 30-06 rifle to do their mass killings.
First, the AR-15 isn't the best choice for the specific animals on your list because of the caliber. That is like saying you've been to many construction sites and never seen anyone use a hammer to tighten screws, cut beams, true posts, or dig holes. Second, most mass shootings are done with handguns, not AR-15's. Lastly, unless we as a society are going to address the real issues causing this, I don't believe inclined shooters won't pick up a wood-stock Ruger Mini-14 like the A-Team used to use in the 80's if they didn't already have access to any of the hundreds of millions of handguns already in existence.

This is lake sturgeon, they can get bigger but anything over 60 inches is considered big catch. The one I am holding is 49 inches. White sturgeon on the other hand can get to 12-13 ft… my best is only 7’7….View attachment 12147

That is insane. Can those big ones bite you? Is there any danger when catching them?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app