What's new

Buffalo Shooting

Brass is reusable. The projectiles are easily made at home. It really isn't a finite supply.

But most mass shooters and probably almost all criminals aren't going to become reloaders.
No but reloaders will become sellers. Like I said, like speak-easies. During prohibition people didn't all start making their own moonshine, and those that did many started selling what they made.

Plus the backlash against something like this would be untenable. It is a thought, but just would never happen.

Don't forget, there are more guns than people in this country. Even if everyone was willing to give them up (and some would very violently object) it would still take a loooooong time.

The buy back went pretty well here after the Port Arthur massacre, you know it was the carrot and stick approach, good money was paid for weapons but also there were heavy penalties for non compliance. Granted its a very different culture.

Nothing will change. We've made our gun culture decisions too long ago. We are what we deserve.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app

Its almost like you'd need to have an armed mob overwhelm the police and force their entry into parliament, threaten law makers with weapons for anything to change. As if something like that would happen.

No but reloaders will become sellers. Like I said, like speak-easies. During prohibition people didn't all start making their own moonshine, and those that did many started selling what they made.

Plus the backlash against something like this would be untenable. It is a thought, but just would never happen.

I actually think the easiest way to effect some control is to make weapons manufactures and sellers accountable for the damage caused by their weapons. Not easy to do legally but probably easier than banning weapons outright. You know as a licensee I have a duty of care to my patrons and to the people within a foreseeable distance of my premises to ensure public safety. And im legally liable for that...

Its kinda interesting that in the most litigious country on earth nobody has successfully sued the arms industry.

I actually think the easiest way to effect some control is to make weapons manufactures and sellers accountable for the damage caused by their weapons. Not easy to do legally but probably easier than banning weapons outright. You know as a licensee I have a duty of care to my patrons and to the people within a foreseeable distance of my premises to ensure public safety. And im legally liable for that...

Its kinda interesting that in the most litigious country on earth nobody has successfully sued the arms industry.
U.S. tort laws generally protect manufacturers (not just gun makers) if their product is not defective, proper warnings are given and advertisements or instructions do not cause misuse.

Democrats had the idea a long time ago to bankrupt gun manufacturers with frivilous lawsuits, which led to legislation to prevent these types of suits.

Properly selling a legal product should not result in manufacturer liability in any instance. Be it cars, guns or anything else.

There is not one solution, but continuous background checks that require fingerprinting (not just one and done) that are tied to BOTH fed and state databases, restriction in ownership for people convicted of violent crime (misdemeanor or felony) until you can prove you can be a responsible gun owner and doing a better job to monitor mental health starting in schools, and truly enforce no bullying policies.

And we need to put people with mental health and drug addictions in treatment centers.

While mass shootings get publicity, they asre a sliver of all gun deaths. Suicide is #1, followed by homicides, of which drug related shootings are a very high %.

Meth and heroin cause a lot of issues, and there should be zero tolerance for it.

A gun is 50x more likely to be used for a suicide than for protection.

- Suicides are 8x more likely to occur in a home with a handgun than homes without a handgun.

Nothing will change. We've made our gun culture decisions too long ago. We are what we deserve.

Sent from my SM-A426U using JazzFanz mobile app
I disagree. You’re seeing changes in laws at the state level for better or worse. Even Florida has passed some gun control recently. Hundreds of lives may have been saved by this:

The inability to pass anything of significance nationally isn’t because of our culture. The public overwhelmingly supports the proposed bills passed/being discussed in the House. It’s the Senate filibuster that is preventing these bills from passing. The vast majority of Americans are actually in agreement here.
31F9C988-657D-4BB8-8588-49EA54D3CB5C.png
This isn’t a societal or cultural problem, it’s a procedural problem in the Senate. Make it so the majority can pass legislation (blow the filibuster) and suddenly a lot of much needed and popular legislation will be passed.

Now isn’t the time to become cynical or hopeless. Cmon. Our democracy can certainly work. Opinions can change. Americans have far more in common than a lot of us think. I’m very confident that we’ll see much needed Gun reform laws passed nationally. And if not nationally, then it’s time to get organized and pass them locally until we can pass them nationally.

Last edited:
Just curious, how many of you who want to enact sensible gun control have actually contacted BOTH your Representative and two Senators in the past year about enacting gun control?

Here’s a template email.

It’ll take you 5-10 mins to send. You’ll probably spend at least 3x that waiting in the drive thru line at Chick fil a, In & Out, and JCWBs this week.

And here’s how you find out who your Representative and Senators are and will provide you with their contact information. Just plug in your address and their information will load in seconds:

If you haven’t contacted them since Buffalo or Uvalde, you probably should. They can’t read your minds. They don’t know what you want without you telling them. And for those of you cynical about making a difference, think about the last two years. Where did the CRT scare come from? How did school board meetings become overrun by crazed people worrying about books depicting two gay penguins? How did masking become the gateway drug to your elementary school teacher becoming a pedo? Citizens organizing can definitely make a difference. True, the above examples aren’t necessarily positive examples but they are examples of angry and organized citizens making a difference.

Just curious, how many of you who want to enact sensible gun control have actually contacted BOTH your Representative and two Senators in the past year about enacting gun control?

Here’s a template email.

It’ll take you 5-10 mins to send. You’ll probably spend at least 3x that waiting in the drive thru line at Chick fil a, In & Out, and JCWBs this week.

And here’s how you find out who your Representative and Senators are and will provide you with their contact information. Just plug in your address and their information will load in seconds:

If you haven’t contacted them since Buffalo or Uvalde, you probably should. They can’t read your minds. They don’t know what you want without you telling them. And for those of you cynical about making a difference, think about the last two years. Where did the CRT scare come from? How did school board meetings become overrun by crazed people worrying about books depicting two gay penguins? How did masking become the gateway drug to your elementary school teacher becoming a pedo? Citizens organizing can definitely make a difference. True, the above examples aren’t necessarily positive examples but they are examples of angry and organized citizens making a difference.
I'm in Oregon. Both of my Senators and my representative are Dems, All 3 of them have spoken in favor of, or introduced legislation for, various gun control topics.

They should make all high capacity firearms (think 30 round AR-15s) fall under the NFA (questions remain from Heller as to whether "common use" would disallow such a law).

Require a $200 fee with enhanced background check and registration. Have to get advanced permission to carry across state lines (can be renewed annually). The number of shooting crimes that involve NFA registered guns is close to zero.

This will increase funds for enforcement, and allow competitors to still use non-neutered magazines for competitions.

Also require that gun owners keep their guns locked up, with keys or codes secured. A large number of school shootings occurred with non-secured firearms.

One simple thing to look at is tax the hell out of it so few people can afford AR style guns. If the cost were triple it'd reduce purchases.

I'm in Oregon. Both of my Senators and my representative are Dems, All 3 of them have spoken in favor of, or introduced legislation for, various gun control topics.
We need 1-2 more Democrats/Republicans in the senate to blow the filibuster and pass this much needed legislation.

They should make all high capacity firearms (think 30 round AR-15s) fall under the NFA (questions remain from Heller as to whether "common use" would disallow such a law).

Require a $200 fee with enhanced background check and registration. Have to get advanced permission to carry across state lines (can be renewed annually). The number of shooting crimes that involve NFA registered guns is close to zero.

This will increase funds for enforcement, and allow competitors to still use non-neutered magazines for competitions.

Also require that gun owners keep their guns locked up, with keys or codes secured. A large number of school shootings occurred with non-secured firearms.
One simple thing to look at is tax the hell out of it so few people can afford AR style guns. If the cost were triple it'd reduce purchases.
I definitely see some merit in many of these ideas.

I think one idea to look at would be Gun insurance. Want an AR15? That’s cool. Be prepared to pay a lot for its insurance. I really wouldn’t mind a Tesla. It even if I could afford one, I’m not sure I’d like to pay for its insurance. A friend of mine sold his Camry for a Tesla. Insurance went up by $1,000 bucks per 6 months.

I’d like to see the age increased to 21 to purchase rifles and body armor.

Listen to this mother. Amazing:

View: https://twitter.com/mattgreenfield/status/1533075077465513987?s=21&t=kMAM8QH9ylJ5vlB6NunDbw

Isn’t it funny how everything we’ve been criticizing the police for is being proven true by the cops in Uvalde. “jUsT a FeW bAd ApPlEs!”

View: https://twitter.com/brendankeefe/status/1533069521266802688?s=21&t=kMAM8QH9ylJ5vlB6NunDbw

Heads should roll but of course no one dare touch our valiant and perfect police force. Blue lives matter and stuff. “They keep us safe.” There’s never any accountability. If anything, the officer who did this will be promoted or run for Congress a Republican superstar.

Last edited:
U.S. tort laws generally protect manufacturers (not just gun makers) if their product is not defective, proper warnings are given and advertisements or instructions do not cause misuse.

Democrats had the idea a long time ago to bankrupt gun manufacturers with frivilous lawsuits, which led to legislation to prevent these types of suits.

Properly selling a legal product should not result in manufacturer liability in any instance. Be it cars, guns or anything else.

There is not one solution, but continuous background checks that require fingerprinting (not just one and done) that are tied to BOTH fed and state databases, restriction in ownership for people convicted of violent crime (misdemeanor or felony) until you can prove you can be a responsible gun owner and doing a better job to monitor mental health starting in schools, and truly enforce no bullying policies.

And we need to put people with mental health and drug addictions in treatment centers.

While mass shootings get publicity, they asre a sliver of all gun deaths. Suicide is #1, followed by homicides, of which drug related shootings are a very high %.

Meth and heroin cause a lot of issues, and there should be zero tolerance for it.

I don't think the lawsuits are frivolous, the manufactures know who is buying these weapons and for the most part what they are being used for and they still sell them, lobby politicians to keep them legal, its not like they are making a can opener. Who is your market for assault rifles? Law enforcement and the military who will always be able to get them and will continue to fund their development, then basically as far as I can tell there are three groups, gun enthusiasts, right wing militia survivalists and criminals. Now I understand the desire to stretch the market and profitability of a commodity but at what price? I'm sure they look at any prohibition on any style of weapon the thin end of the wedge but that's really nonsense.

Licencing requirements are really just common sense, all guns should also be registered as a legal requirement and to steal from log certain weapons should be taxed at a higher rate.

In terms of the drug war are you suggesting going harder? The last 50 years has hardly been a success story.

In the mental health space, most gun related deaths via shooting are suicide, the majority of people i have worked with who are experiencing psychosis are too disorganised to carry out a mass casualty event. The mental health stuff is a cop out, the mass casualty offenders i have worked with would not satisfy the legal criteria for a mental health problem as most people would define it. They would have one or a number of 'personality disorders' which is new speak for they're ****ing ***** but we can't say stuff like that anymore.

How is a gun safe not legally required? Here you need a gun safe and an ammo safe and your weapon cannot be left loaded.

A recent poll shows Americans overwhelmingly support background checks on all gun sales. The Democratic-led House passed a background check bill in 2021, but Senate Republicans blocked it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app