What's new

Buffalo Shooting

Im confused. So if there is an active shooter in a school killing kids and teachers the police have to wait until the shooter has had a good 24 hours of killing before they try to stop the shooter? Bold strategy.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm surprised (the Onion) by the boldness (the Onion) of this legislation (the Onion).

Seems reasonable. At least they shot down the legislation to make it mandatory to provide 500 rounds of ammo to all people buying guns for the first time, if they buy an AR and pistol together. The first timers special legislation.

Just curious, how many of you who want to enact sensible gun control have actually contacted BOTH your Representative and two Senators in the past year about enacting gun control?

Here’s a template email.

It’ll take you 5-10 mins to send. You’ll probably spend at least 3x that waiting in the drive thru line at Chick fil a, In & Out, and JCWBs this week.

And here’s how you find out who your Representative and Senators are and will provide you with their contact information. Just plug in your address and their information will load in seconds:

If you haven’t contacted them since Buffalo or Uvalde, you probably should. They can’t read your minds. They don’t know what you want without you telling them. And for those of you cynical about making a difference, think about the last two years. Where did the CRT scare come from? How did school board meetings become overrun by crazed people worrying about books depicting two gay penguins? How did masking become the gateway drug to your elementary school teacher becoming a pedo? Citizens organizing can definitely make a difference. True, the above examples aren’t necessarily positive examples but they are examples of angry and organized citizens making a difference.

Not Boston Market though. They take forever. Seriously though, do you guys remember them? It would take like 12 minutes in the drive thru to get my food.

Listen to this mother. Amazing:

View: https://twitter.com/mattgreenfield/status/1533075077465513987?s=21&t=kMAM8QH9ylJ5vlB6NunDbw

Isn’t it funny how everything we’ve been criticizing the police for is being proven true by the cops in Uvalde. “jUsT a FeW bAd ApPlEs!”

View: https://twitter.com/brendankeefe/status/1533069521266802688?s=21&t=kMAM8QH9ylJ5vlB6NunDbw

Heads should roll but of course no one dare touch our valiant and perfect police force. Blue lives matter and stuff. “They keep us safe.” There’s never any accountability. If anything, the officer who did this will be promoted or run for Congress a Republican superstar.

You are such a spinster.

If I screw on my tin foil hat I still can't match you for conspiracy theory on this one.

There is no "Republican" superstar mythology to dish out on this shooting. I haven't been following this much in the media, but I know some cops, some Sheriffs, some highway patrol people and an assortment of police from various federal agencies and courts. They are trained by sometimes pretty "woke" folks just trying to be all so damn politically correct that sometimes there is no sensible line of action that is compliant enough for actually doing ****.

Nobody is gonna run for office claiming they were the superstar of Uvalde.

There will be some basically noncompl9iant patriot sorts who will run for office campaigning that they will ignore the woke **** and counter the commie black lives matter more crap. Those will be Republican, for sure, if they are genuinely saying what they think. There will also be some fake Republicans and some lying Dem officers campaigning on how they will fix law enforcement so this sort of thing won't happen again.

Honestly, I think I should go on The Onion. It must be a welcoming community social site for people like me.

Who knows, they might even pay for writing like mine.

Not Boston Market though. They take forever. Seriously though, do you guys remember them? It would take like 12 minutes in the drive thru to get my food.
JCWs is worse. I’ve never made it through their drive thru in less than 45 mins in either the Lehi or American Fork locations.

I barely remember Boston market. Growing up in Orem we had them and a Kenny Rogers. I used to go to Kenny’s for the chicken.

Yeah. The right never makes shooters out to be superstars…

View: https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1533459547041370117?s=20&t=Mfq0ecdylvGCEy8AcqjGBA

This seems ominous from tonight’s episode of White Supremacy Power Hour:

View: https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1533974284829224960?s=21&t=nntAnD32tD7Clj_t_Obz_w

Does he understand that fox news and Tucker Carlson are literally media. Literally the biggest media there is in this country. Idiot

Also they say kyle is what you want in a man cause he #1 thing a man should do is protect his family but when did kyle protect his family? Idiots

Last edited:

During the 1994-2004 ban:

In the years after the assault weapons ban went into effect, the number of deaths from mass shootings fell, and the increase in the annual number of incidents slowed down. Even including 1999’s Columbine High School massacre – the deadliest mass shooting during the period of the ban – the 1994 to 2004 period saw lower average annual rates of both mass shootings and deaths resulting from such incidents than before the ban’s inception.

From 2004 onward:

The data shows an almost immediate – and steep – rise in mass shooting deaths in the years after the assault weapons ban expired in 2004.

Breaking the data into absolute numbers, between 2005 and 2017 – the last year of our analysis – the average number of yearly deaths attributed to mass shootings was 25, compared with 5.3 during the 10-year tenure of the ban and 7.2 in the years leading up to the prohibition on assault weapons.

We calculated that the risk of a person in the U.S. dying in a mass shooting was 70% lower during the period in which the assault weapons ban was active. The proportion of overall gun homicides resulting from mass shootings was also down, with nine fewer mass-shooting-related fatalities per 10,000 shooting deaths.

Taking population trends into account, a model we created based on this data suggests that had the federal assault weapons ban been in place throughout the whole period of our study – that is, from 1981 through 2017 – it may have prevented 314 of the 448 mass shooting deaths that occurred during the years in which there was no ban.

And this almost certainly underestimates the total number of lives that could be saved. For our study, we chose only to include mass shooting incidents that were reported and agreed upon by all three of our selected data sources: the Los Angeles Times, Stanford University, and Mother Jones magazine.
Furthermore, for uniformity, we also chose to use the strict federal definition of an assault weapon – which may not include the entire spectrum of what many people may now consider to be assault weapons.

So there is one thing that could be done to help save lives. And we did it before. And it worked.

Another Trump supporter goes on a mass shooting.

View: https://twitter.com/eladnehorai/status/1544331430880165888?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

Peak American exceptionalism:

View: https://twitter.com/marparnews/status/1544418629642584070?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

Good thing this activist Republican Supreme Court said the other week that states can’t regulate guns:

We need stronger gun regulation… NOW. We’re the only industrialized country that allows this:

View: https://twitter.com/monicaeng/status/1544458021484511236?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

The guy was telling people he was going to murder people even back in 2019. So we let him buy 5 guns LEGALLY?!

The first call, in April 2019, was a report that Crimo had attempted suicide.

Then, in September 2019, a family member called Highland Park police to report that Crimo "said he was going to kill everyone" and that he had a collection of knives, Sgt. Christopher Covelli of the Lake County Sheriff's Office said at a press conference Tuesday.

Highland Park police confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword from Crimo's home – but ultimately did not arrest Crimo, Covelli said, in part because none of his family were willing to sign complaints.

Afterward, Highland Park police notified Illinois State Police of the incident in a "clear and present danger" report.

Another Trump supporter goes on a mass shooting.

View: https://twitter.com/eladnehorai/status/1544331430880165888?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

Peak American exceptionalism:

View: https://twitter.com/marparnews/status/1544418629642584070?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

Good thing this activist Republican Supreme Court said the other week that states can’t regulate guns:

We need stronger gun regulation… NOW. We’re the only industrialized country that allows this:

View: https://twitter.com/monicaeng/status/1544458021484511236?s=21&t=pPsEMQviOFPUdBaUL_JGwQ

The guy was telling people he was going to murder people even back in 2019. So we let him buy 5 guns LEGALLY?!

To play devil's advocate, though it does look like he supported Trump, his targets two days ago were completely random and very well could also have been Trump supporters. I realize it's 80% D in Highland Park, but I think the shooting had less to do with his political affiliation and more to do with his fragile and broken psyche. He was apparently obsessed with the numbers 4 and 7.

Dude is a nutcase and did nutty things. Put it to you this way: if he were a supporter of Biden, would you want Biden to be blamed for what he did?

To play devil's advocate, though it does look like he supported Trump, his targets two days ago were completely random and very well could also have been Trump supporters. I realize it's 80% D in Highland Park, but I think the shooting had less to do with his political affiliation and more to do with his fragile and broken psyche. He was apparently obsessed with the numbers 4 and 7.

Dude is a nutcase and did nutty things. Put it to you this way: if he were a supporter of Biden, would you want Biden to be blamed for what he did?
It has become a pattern too big to ignore; Trump supporters are the #1 domestic terrorists in the country. All these people are nutcases. But it’s the hateful racist rhetoric that Trump and his propaganda apparatus emit, that radicalizes these folks. And it’s Trump’s party that has created such a corrupt gun culture in this country that also writes our absurd gun laws.

He most likely went to a D dominated area and shot it up. He also attempted to enter a synagogue. It’s domestic terrorism and I’m getting sick of it.

This piece really summarizes my thoughts