What's new

Business questions

Bottom left as well. Or bottom left, as I think you were saying, but in black. No shine.

Okay people. My dad got the advice to keep his business open, so I started my own company. It's called BigB Electric. I've been working with [MENTION=102]Bronco70[/MENTION] to design a logo for me. These are what we've narrowed it down to. I have my personal favorite and my wife has hers, and they may or may not be the same. My question to you all, as potential customers/consumers, is which one would you prefer? Which would draw your attention/memory the most?

Congrats! And good luck!

Regarding the logos, I guess I'm a minimalist--I like the bottom left outlet one the most. It's the easiest to read, among other things. The top two (non outlet) have serious readability problems with the "B" inside the circle. It's hard to tell at a glance what the name of the company even is.

I'm also wondering what the bottom right would look like if the "BIG" were done in the same solid color that the word "ELECTRIC" is in (so it looked more like the first outlet one, but in blue).

That might work well. Or what about having "Big B" be solid colors as in the bottom left, but have "electric" with the wavy color?

I posted my opinion without looking at the other responses. Wow, looks like it's 5 for 5 so far voting for the bottom left.

Make that 6 for 6.

You're going to want a logo that will stand the test of time, if you're hoping your business will be viable for decades. There are "fashionable" things to do in logos and typesetting just as much as there are in interior design or clothing.

The bottom left is like a nice pair of khakis. It will never go out of style.

Okay people. My dad got the advice to keep his business open, so I started my own company. It's called BigB Electric. I've been working with [MENTION=102]Bronco70[/MENTION] to design a logo for me. These are what we've narrowed it down to. I have my personal favorite and my wife has hers, and they may or may not be the same. My question to you all, as potential customers/consumers, is which one would you prefer? Which would draw your attention/memory the most?
BigB_5_zpsh70oxusz.jpg

I'm also wondering what the bottom right would look like if the "BIG" were done in the same solid color that the word "ELECTRIC" is in (so it looked more like the first outlet one, but in blue).

On a side note, Bronco is a great guy to work with. My wife and I went way more into it than he figured, and he's not complained about how big of a pain in the *** we've been. I'd highly recommend him to anyone.

Bottom left. Trust me.

7 for 7 now. Doesn't get more overwhelming than that.

Out of curiosity [MENTION=82]bigb[/MENTION], which was your personal favorite and which was your wife's.

BigB_5_zpsh70oxusz.jpg

On a side note, Bronco is a great guy to work with. My wife and I went way more into it than he figured, and he's not complained about how big of a pain in the *** we've been. I'd highly recommend him to anyone.

Electrical outlets look like shocked emoticons. Just now noticed that.

7 for 7 now. Doesn't get more overwhelming than that.

Out of curiosity [MENTION=82]bigb[/MENTION], which was your personal favorite and which was your wife's.
Mine was the reflective/metallic gray. Hers was the reflective blue.

Design is finding that happy ground between good design and what the client likes.

j/k. Sorta.

I've dealt with WAY worse than bigb. He hasn't been bad at all. I gave him a whole handful of concepts, and he narrowed it down to two pretty quickly. We've been tinkering with colors and such. I think it's great that he's expanding his pool of opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The irony in it all is that when I was talking to Bronco, I mentioned that I don't electricians logos that highlighted something electrical, like a light bulb, or a switch for an "i", or a cord, etc. Then he gives me one with an outlet in the "b", and I immediately liked it.