What's new

BYU @ Utah State

Jim McMahon is not going to walk through that door. Steve Young is not going to walk through that door. Ty Detmer is not going to walk through that door. Jake Heaps might be going door to door.

Newsflash: Utah State is getting better under Anderson! It will take time for people south of Ogden to realize, but the new USU football program is no longer the gimme game on the schedule. Yeah, BYU looked less than stellar last night, but what about giving some props to USU for finally playing a complete game? We had the lead in the second half of the Fresno game before injuries to Coleman and Randle opened up the passing game for them. Last week, I think aliens abducted the real USU team and sent in some replacements to play at SDSU. That is the only explanation for that game that I can come up with. It will be fun to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

A side note on Heaps, he needs to learn how to put some touch on the ball. He throws the ball harder than any quarterback I have ever seen. And the play on the goal line where he overthrew the wide open back was classic. He'll get better, but I wonder how long BYU fans will put up with him.

A side note on Heaps, he needs to learn how to put some touch on the ball. He throws the ball harder than any quarterback I have ever seen. And the play on the goal line where he overthrew the wide open back was classic. He'll get better, but I wonder how long BYU fans will put up with him.

Heaps is a good quarterback. But he lacks two important things; help and experience. He will gain experience. Help? Well, that's up to his coaches. BYU fan expects a lot because Heaps came riding in on a tsunami of hype. They expect instant results. But it will take time.

Yet again we have Ute fans starting threads about BYU. Even in a down year little brother can't help but focus on the big dog.

Jazzman12 in all honesty did make this about Utah St. and even restated as such not so much about whoever they played, I know I root for Gary Anderson as the ex Ute D coord. I'm not sure how the thread could have ever gotten off that subject.

Look at all of you pathetic 'Coug Fans'. Ogat and Scat leading the charge... Shocking, really.

Bronco is fine. A sack of **** is still a sack of ****, no matter what kind of bow is on top. This team just isn't good. They are young and inexperienced. It happens.

Do we suck balls this season? Yup. Next year too? Probably. But given time, things will click and we will go back to what we've always been, a winning top-25 school. Stick with Bronco and everything will be fine. (Robert Anaih on the other hand...)

Do we suck balls this season? Yup. Next year too? Probably. But given time, things will click and we will go back to what we've always been, a winning top-25 school. Stick with Bronco and everything will be fine. (Robert Anaih on the other hand...)

Why should BYU suck balls for two straight seasons?

That's the problem. They shouldn't.

Yet again we have Ute fans starting threads about BYU. Even in a down year little brother can't help but focus on the big dog.

This thread is about USU.

And your big dog lost to them. hahahahahahaha.

Not only lost but got dominated in every aspect of the game. How does it feel to be the 3rd best team in Utah?

Trout's support of Bronco reminds me of the BYU fans that initially stuck to defending Gary Crowton when things initially started to go sour for that guy. Personally, I think it's great. The longer BYU keeps Bronco in place, the longer it's going to take to clean up his messes and put this program back on track.

Make no mistake, this mess is 100% Bronco's doing. Props to the BYU fans who actually have the sack to break away from the herd and call it for what it is.

Who care about college basketball? It's football season.

Dude, BYU just lost to Utah State and USC lost to Washington. There is no joy for me left in this season. Yeah, BYU will beat Utah again and SC will win the Pac 12, but it won't mean as much this year.

Dude, BYU just lost to Utah State and USC lost to Washington. There is no joy for me left in this season. Yeah, BYU will beat Utah again and SC will win the Pac 12, but it won't mean as much this year.

Good point. For us Ute fans it's still going strong though.