What's new

Celtics v. Jazz: Feb. 28th @ 7:00pm MST

What's up with this team shooting so many jumpers? Does Andrei, Raja, CJ, and Hayward think they're Ray Allen or something?

Exactly. We need to take it to the rim a lot more. Players like CJ should never have less than 10pts. He's got some really good slashing moves that will
consistently get him pts(and draw fouls). Miles either needs to get into the gym more, and improve that shot or lay way off of it. His jumper is not good right now, and his driving slashing moves are. If he can't figure that out he needs to never come off the bench.

Bell is a lost cause. All he has is a jumper, and that is broken. Hayward offers far more than Bell can.

I agree it seems his first half defense especially this season is rough, I'm betting it's probably because he is pacing himself and not wanting to get in foul trouble, somebody needs to tell him that is what a bench is for.... well that or as has been suggested maybe bring him off the bench (but still gets starter minutes).

I agree. I've seen him not even get his hands up or put up much resistance too many times this season. He needs to use his fouls, and make them count.
A soft Sap isn't much good to us. His offense isnt good enough to give up that many pts on the other end.

If I were Williams I would have left this team soon with the bevy of players we have at the 2.

and those who were complaining about the Refs were spot on. They gave everything to the Celts.
It's so hard to beat a great team when they get more calls than you too.

it wasn't just 2 minutes, it was the whole 4th quarter, but yea, the last few minutes got even worse. Doc Rivers should have got a tech for his tantrum, but instead the refs give him a handful of make up calls, even though his team was already making out like bandits.

I resolve to stop complaining about the refs so much. The more we complain, the worse it will get. Same for the players and coaches.

Where has all the optimism gone since the Indy game? lol. I agree the Jazz need a SG who can shoot and another shooter off the bench. Millsap should be on the bench and his rebounding is fine even though he struggled last night. Just a few games ago he had
17+ rebounds (Indy). Jefferson was a man last night. I thought the Jazz played their hearts out last night. I can live with the effort but the execution down the stretch was inconsistent and that was the main reason why they lost. Besides the clanking of outside shots and a few poor refs calls, I thought the Jazz played well.

cowhide, yes, I think it was ultimately a promising game last night for Utah. Right before Bell went down with his ghost injury he started to produce better than he had all season. Perhaps after a few games he will get back to that level. Miles has been utterly dreadful. Not sure what to do at that position, but it is a giant hole right now.

Also, I wonder if Harris is going to be shooting less FT's in a Jazz uni.

It wasn't just the fourth quarter that the refs tried to help the celtics. Ignore the horrible missed call on the AK dunk and the travel call on Jefferson that should make you shake your head. Go back to the second quarter and watch all the moving screens the refs allowed. I saw KG grab AK on two screens and at least three more where celtic players had to take a step to lean into a moving screen. These screens (if you can call them that) gave Pierce open shots where the Jazz had no choice but to foul. This allowed Pierce to find his game at the foul line and score while the clock was stopped.

Yea I may be complaining to much about the refs, but it was clear the Jazz got hosed for the sake of the Celtics.

This was a stronger moral victory to me because of how well the Celtics played. They ran some incredible plays last night, hustled, got all the calls at the key time, and played Celtics basketball. The Jazz lost a hell of a game. The difference was AK's arm getting slapped, no call, and Ray Allen draining a nice pull up J at the other end. Without that sequence this was OT. Without the atrociously suspect 2 minutes the Jazz win.

[BOS 95-94]
03:22 Kirilenko Layup Shot: Missed Block: Garnett (1 BLK) OBVIOUS FOUL
Davis Rebound (Off:2 Def:2) 03:20
Allen 3pt Shot: Made (23 PTS) Assist: Rondo (10 AST) 03:16
[BOS 98-94]

03:15 Team Timeout : Short
03:12 Double Technical - Jefferson, Garnett
03:02 Jefferson Turnover : Traveling (2 TO) WHO CALLS THAT?

01:49 Harris Turnover : Traveling (2 TO) WHO CALLS THAT? Every ******* in the NBA does a little hop step to create space to get off a shot! That's NEEEEVVVVERR a travel call on Kobe, Wade, freakin' Ronnie Price, Sundiata Gaines...HELL, list any PG/SG/SF in the NBA and I'll tell you that EVERY ONE OF THEM gets away with that same "pro-hop"! I'm not saying that's not a travel, because technically it is...but that call was such ******** I almost puked on my girlfriends cats!

It wasn't just the fourth quarter that the refs tried to help the celtics.

Okay, I'll see your "this game", and raise you this season. If you see my season, and raise me this decade, I'll see your decade , and raise you to the last 3 decades, starting with the Jazz playing the Lakers in the playoffs back in the 80s, when I first noticed that the Jazz didn't get the calls, and started rooting for them.

and those who were complaining about the Refs were spot on. They gave everything to the Celts.
It's so hard to beat a great team when they get more calls than you too.

The refs were bad. So was the defense, giving two completely uncontested 3's to Allen and PP. Oh, and our shooting.

The fact of the matter is that the Jazz are just not a very good team...regardless of the dudes with whistles.

It sounds like I missed some good entertainment. As for the fouls, the Celtics got called for 6 more fouls than us. Sounds like it was bad though.

Celtics got called for more fouls because they fouled twice as much, and got away with half of them. Not to mention the crazy traveling calls and what not.

Seems like Celtics kept getting wide open shots, (moving screens), while the Jazz were always taking contested shots and taking the ball in the lane. It's hard to call a foul when a jump shooter is wide open, although I'm sure the refs wanted to.

Who sold their Jazz tickets to all the Boston fans? The ESA was playoff loud but when Ray Allen hit his shot it sounded like the Boston Garden. Come on Jazz Nation if you want to sell your tickets don't sell them to Laker or Celtic fans.

Seems like Celtics kept getting wide open shots, (moving screens), while the Jazz were always taking contested shots and taking the ball in the lane. It's hard to call a foul when a jump shooter is wide open, although I'm sure the refs wanted to.

You can thank Bell for a lot of those open shots.