What's new

Celtics v. Jazz: Feb. 28th @ 7:00pm MST

Please. Sap has been underwhelming on the boards all year long. He's just been lucky to have had Jefferson as the scapegoat all year.

8 rebounds a game is not underwhelming at all. He is right about average for MAX salaried power forwards

Bosh 8.2 RPG (near max PF)
Amare 8.6 RPG (max PF)
Aldridge 9.1 RPG (near max PF)
West 7.7 RPG (near max PF)
Dirk 6.7 RPG (max PF)
Brand 8.8 RPG (max PF)
Garnett 9.2 RPG (max PF)

Raja Bell is pathetic. What a loser. Get him off this team. KOC really blew it with that signing.
Yes, Raja is a shell of his former self. His shooting is turrible and his defense is suspect. He signed for pretty cheap, so salary cap impact is minimal. I just wish corbin would limit Bell to no more than 15 mins/per. Problem is, CJ isn't much of an improvement.

Yes, Raja is a shell of his former self. His shooting is turrible and his defense is suspect. He signed for pretty cheap, so salary cap impact is minimal. I just wish corbin would limit Bell to no more than 15 mins/per. Problem is, CJ isn't much of an improvement.

True.. But Hayward was against the Celts. Did a MUCH better job on Ray than Raja. I am as big a CJ apologist as one can find 'round these parts, but at this point I'd like to see Hayward start and CJ back him up at the 2 and AK at the 3... Just cut Bell and Ronnie Price out of the rotation completely.

Well one positive I didn't see noted here: R. Price(notes) DNP - Coach's Decision

CJ Miles has lost it. Completely agree. Dude is done. 1-6, 2 pts? Get out loser!
Bell and Miles in over 40 combined mins give us 4 pts. really? you guys should turn in your shorts, jerseys, and locker combo at the chainlink managers office.

Milsap should come off the bench, and Favors should start.
Sap excelled as a bench player, but isn't consistent enough to be a stater.

Big Al is a beast. Boozer who?

What's up with this team shooting so many jumpers? Does Andrei, Raja, CJ, and Hayward think they're Ray Allen or something?

My main problem with this team isn't Raja (he's old), with Millsap (he's undersized), or with AK (we all know what we get with him). My main problem is that this team refuses to "play dirty" and do damage inside. We'd rather shoot 20 foot jumpers than lower the shoulders and take it to the rack. We'd rather cast away and let the other team play 5 seconds of defense than grind out 20 seconds of the shot clock for a good look inside. Our guards refuse to dump it down low. And we are pathetic at utilizing Favors. If Evans can get in a few good alleyoops, why can't Favors?

Before this team looks at changes to their roster, they REALLY need to make changes to their offensive philosophy. We're playing like the GS Warriors when we should be playing like the Spurs when they had Robinson and Duncan.

What's up with this team shooting so many jumpers? Does Andrei, Raja, CJ, and Hayward think they're Ray Allen or something?

My main problem with this team isn't Raja (he's old), with Millsap (he's undersized), or with AK (we all know what we get with him). My main problem is that this team refuses to "play dirty" and do damage inside. We'd rather shoot 20 foot jumpers than lower the shoulders and take it to the rack. We'd rather cast away and let the other team play 5 seconds of defense than grind out 20 seconds of the shot clock for a good look inside. Our guards refuse to dump it down low. And we are pathetic at utilizing Favors. If Evans can get in a few good alleyoops, why can't Favors?

Before this team looks at changes to their roster, they REALLY need to make changes to their offensive philosophy. We're playing like the GS Warriors when we should be playing like the Spurs when they had Robinson and Duncan.

Agreed. It seems like they go long stretches where they get jumper happy and by the time they get their focus back via timeout, they have dug themselves into a big hole and play catch up for long periods of time. The Celtics are obviously a much better team, but we had our opportunities to win tonight. It looks like we just don't know how to finish games/teams off. No killer instinct as of yet. Oh well, I would have been much more disappointed if we were just blown out from the 1st quarter on.

That was rough.

and that AK no-call was worth 5 points.

Oh well.

Yep, that was a 5 point swing and at that point I didn't think the Jazz could overcome it I do commend them for continuing to fight and that Jefferson seemed to stick up and get into with KG not sure I've seen Jefferson do that before.
One frustrating part about that 5pt swing was just moments before that non call Davis got blocked by AJ and AK and there was some body contact so they called a foul, then Jazz come down AK gets a nice pass cutting to the lane for a dunk and both of his forearms (by KG & Davis) get hacked.

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed as soon as Bell checked in Allen started killing it again. Now that's not too say Hayward could've changed that but for whatever the reason Allen scored the majority of his points on Bell.

I'm not gonna over praise a moral victory but standing toe to toe with the best in the east is encouraging.

This was a stronger moral victory to me because of how well the Celtics played. They ran some incredible plays last night, hustled, got all the calls at the key time, and played Celtics basketball. The Jazz lost a hell of a game. The difference was AK's arm getting slapped, no call, and Ray Allen draining a nice pull up J at the other end. Without that sequence this was OT. Without the atrociously suspect 2 minutes the Jazz win.

[BOS 95-94]
03:22 Kirilenko Layup Shot: Missed Block: Garnett (1 BLK) OBVIOUS FOUL
Davis Rebound (Off:2 Def:2) 03:20
Allen 3pt Shot: Made (23 PTS) Assist: Rondo (10 AST) 03:16
[BOS 98-94]

03:15 Team Timeout : Short
03:12 Double Technical - Jefferson, Garnett
03:02 Jefferson Turnover : Traveling (2 TO) WHO CALLS THAT?

and very underwhelming on defense. i still like sap, but he needs to be coming off the bench.
I agree it seems his first half defense especially this season is rough, I'm betting it's probably because he is pacing himself and not wanting to get in foul trouble, somebody needs to tell him that is what a bench is for.... well that or as has been suggested maybe bring him off the bench (but still gets starter minutes).