What's new

Celtics v. Jazz: Feb. 28th @ 7:00pm MST

What's up with this team shooting so many jumpers? Does Andrei, Raja, CJ, and Hayward think they're Ray Allen or something?

My main problem with this team isn't Raja (he's old), with Millsap (he's undersized), or with AK (we all know what we get with him). My main problem is that this team refuses to "play dirty" and do damage inside. We'd rather shoot 20 foot jumpers than lower the shoulders and take it to the rack. We'd rather cast away and let the other team play 5 seconds of defense than grind out 20 seconds of the shot clock for a good look inside. Our guards refuse to dump it down low. And we are pathetic at utilizing Favors. If Evans can get in a few good alleyoops, why can't Favors?

Before this team looks at changes to their roster, they REALLY need to make changes to their offensive philosophy. We're playing like the GS Warriors when we should be playing like the Spurs when they had Robinson and Duncan.

Wow. We are 3 games into the Favors era and yet "we are PATHETIC at utilizing him"??? And while i agree with your second statement in general and as a model we could become, i would relax a bit and offer the "its only been three games" statement again. Whew.

And whats with all the Milsap hate? It is debatable about how to get Favors in there, but all of a sudden, a 17/8 guy is a bench warmer?

Players who get limited minutes often have per48 exagerated #'s. Players who become regulars get scouted more. Players who are focal points get special defensive attention. The comment earlier in the post that "Milsap has 'regressed' each of his years" is insanity. And those who noted that the Celtics are a tough team for him to face are right. You could probably go look at every "starter, but not star" player and see how they do against the celtics bigs...

And whats with all the Milsap hate? It is debatable about how to get Favors in there, but all of a sudden, a 17/8 guy is a bench warmer?

Players who get limited minutes often have per48 exagerated #'s. Players who become regulars get scouted more. Players who are focal points get special defensive attention. The comment earlier in the post that "Milsap has 'regressed' each of his years" is insanity. And those who noted that the Celtics are a tough team for him to face are right. You could probably go look at every "starter, but not star" player and see how they do against the celtics bigs...

He is still a very good player, but last nights 3 rebounds doesnt help either. If Memo comes back healthy next year and Favors looks like the read deal, the question is should we use Millsap to upgrade the wing position. AK could be gone, Miles could be gone if we dont pick up his option, and obviously Bell has been a disappointment.

Sap isn't a "bench warmer" he just is better suited as the 6th man. Esp lining up next to Big Al.
Big Al and Sap together isn't going to get it done. Like both players, still want to keep both, but both starting together? naw.

Sap is great coming off the bench. Meh together with Al.
It's all about having a well balanced line up.