What's new

Charlottesville

SO question for some of you.

would you rather have Trump or Pence?

Pence would actually be a help in allowing the GOP to push and enact its agenda, not exactly good news to me.

Trump, on the other hand, is a toxic poison in the body politic, and simply has to go...

Still leaves Scott Pruitt in charge of the EPA, though, and he must go as well, as far as someone like myself is concerned....

That's a tough call. I wish "neither" was the option.

I am opposed to most of the Republican platform, and I believe Pence would be able to accomplish more of it than Trump ever will, so I wouldn't be happy about that. However, Trump has seriously damaged the reputation of our country, and brought to the forefront some terrible divisions inside our country, that could cause some severe issues for us in the future. Can't we find some better choices?

Pence would actually be a help in allowing the GOP to push and enact its agenda, not exactly good news to me.

Trump, on the other hand, is a toxic poison in the body politic, and simply has to go...

Still leaves Scott Pruitt in charge of the EPA, though, and he must go as well, as far as someone like myself is concerned....

That's a tough call. I wish "neither" was the option.

I am opposed to most of the Republican platform, and I believe Pence would be able to accomplish more of it than Trump ever will, so I wouldn't be happy about that. However, Trump has seriously damaged the reputation of our country, and brought to the forefront some terrible divisions inside our country, that could cause some severe issues for us in the future. Can't we find some better choices?

Exactly.

So Pence's capability and agenda or Trump's toxic ineptitude?

Edit: Thanks for your responses.

Last edited:
Didn't one of the southern states just pass a bill protecting their confederate monuments. Alabama? Can't remember and I don't see anything about it. But I swear I read that.

As a never Trumper from the get go, I will try my luck with pence without a second thought.

I'm sure pence has major flaws too but there is no way he is as big of a dumbass as the current commander in tweet.

Found this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/states-confederate-statue-laws_us_5996312be4b0e8cc855cb2ab

5 states have laws that protect the monuments. Georgia, Alabama, N, Carolina, Mississippi and Virginia.

Figures...maybe slightly off topic but can you name any other country in the world that celebrate monuments of traitorous military leaders who were vanquished?

I guess this all goes back to the genius of Lincoln. Any other general at any other time in any other country would have been strung up immediately after General Lee signed the surrender papers at the Appomattox Court House. In an authentic moment of American exceptionalism, Lincoln let them all go home and that kept the union together as much as the war did. I guess the fact that these southern ding dongs get to celebrate these a-holes is of minor consequence.

As a never Trumper from the get go, I will try my luck with pence without a second thought.

I'm sure pence has major flaws too but there is no way he is as big of a dumbass as the current commander in tweet.

I am split on this. Trump is a dumbass but does that actually make him less dangerous? Pence has almost the same extreme views, as far as we can tell, but he also has more respect amongst his party. That means he could do way more damage than Trump since currently even the right-wing politicians are abandoning him. They would support Pence and he could push a lot of legislation through that Trump never will.

I am split on this. Trump is a dumbass but does that actually make him less dangerous? Pence has almost the same extreme views, as far as we can tell, but he also has more respect amongst his party. That means he could do way more damage than Trump since currently even the right-wing politicians are abandoning him. They would support Pence and he could push a lot of legislation through that Trump never will.

True - but unlike Trump, Pence is well within the acceptable parameters of terrible.

Last edited:
I take Pence any day any time. I am perfectly fine with people I disagree with politically holding office and even passing some of their agenda. I don't dislike Trump because of his policies. I think Trump is a horrible person who is not qualified to hold the office of the President, he doesn't have the character, he doesn't have the dignity, he doesn't have the composure and he doesn't have the competence needed.

Dems don't just get to win all the time. Republicans will get their victories too. That's how politics is and it's a good thing. But we should have competent people in public office on both sides, not Trump. I can't rejoice that an unqualified nitwit is the POTUS because now he can't get policies I don't like passed. That's a disgusting point of view in my opinion.

I take Pence any day any time. I am perfectly fine with people I disagree with politically holding office and even passing some of their agenda. I don't dislike Trump because of his policies. I think Trump is a horrible person who is not qualified to hold the office of the President, he doesn't have the character, he doesn't have the dignity, he doesn't have the composure and he doesn't have the competence needed.

Dems don't just get to win all the time. Republicans will get their victories too. That's how politics is and it's a good thing. But we should have competent people in public office on both sides, not Trump. I can't rejoice that an unqualified nitwit is the POTUS because now he can't get policies I don't like passed. That's a disgusting point of view in my opinion.
This

ummm No one would care much if the former Governor of Oregon said the same thing.

So... thank you captain obvious

A former democratic governor saying it is to be expected. Democrats in the state have led movements to remove the monuments and change the flag for years.

A former democratic governor saying it is to be expected. Democrats in the state have led movements to remove the monuments and change the flag for years.

Well he went beyond calling for just the flag to come down. He wants all Confederate monuments to come down. Further he's not alone on the flag thing and they're not all Democrats.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/14/wicker-current-state-flag-should-relegated-museum/564699001/

Trump is a comically inept moron, but you can't impeach people for being comically inept morons. You can impeach them for more serious stuff, though. If at some point, there is enough evidence of some gross misconduct to impeach Trump, does anyone actually believe that Pence would be completely uninvolved in said misconduct? I'm convinced that Trump cannot get impeached without Pence getting impeached as well.

Which would then make this dude the prez.

hatchtrans_072717~0.jpg