What's new

Charlottesville

Walking the same route that the Neo Nazis chanting "Jews will not replace us", and "Blood and Soil" had used last Friday night, Wed. night candles replaced torches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2aaWxwd5iI

Haha this gave me the idea [MENTION=4984]Bulletproof[/MENTION] should also take the Become a Neo for a Day challenge to.

Sympathizer, for me, someone who adscribe to their points of view or ideology at least partially.

Enabler, someone who helps make their points of view or ideology a reality.

Why?

Because whether it's sympathizing or enabling, it's still support. Which appears to be what you're doing.

As a nation, we can not move, nor be moving towards hate. Even if you label them Antifa, they're not generating hate(which WILL lead to violence) like Unite the Right is. Reacting to, sure, but not generating.

If you really don't want violence, you can't just wait it out. The violence will happen. You have to be open, and you have to actually discuss it. You have to weed it out from the stem. The government shouldn't need to get involved. The public should. And they are.

Last edited:
BTW, the first couple of minutes of the Vice News mini-doc were shown by various networks,
with voiceovers of Trump, talking about "peaceful protestors" and "some fine people", in order to show the disconnect between what the cameras show was actually the case(and that mini-doc is being described as a defining moment in the development of the Vice News/HBO platform. Chuck Todd said "it gave me the chills") and what Trump said he saw. If anybody here can watch the first couple of minutes of that Vice mini-doc and kindly tell me who the "fine people" are, I'd be interested in knowing. Just curious....

BTW, the first couple of minutes of the Vice News mini-doc were shown by various networks,
with voiceovers of Trump, talking about "peaceful protestors" and "some fine people", in order to show the disconnect between what the cameras show was actually the case(and that mini-doc is being described as a defining moment in the development of the Vice News/HBO platform. Chuck Todd said "it gave me the chills") and what Trump said he saw. If anybody here can watch the first couple of minutes of that Vice mini-doc and kindly tell me who the "fine people" are, I'd be interested in knowing. Just curious....

I interpreted his quotes as weaselly as I imagine him in his life. "Isn't it possible that not every person..."

That margin, although legally arguable, is not realistic. Certainly not indicative of the crowd as a whole.

I interpreted his quotes as weaselly as I imagine him in his life. "Isn't it possible that not every person..."

That margin, although legally arguable, is not realistic. Certainly not indicative of the crowd as a whole.

His excuse rings hollow to me for this reason. If there is a march or protest that I was part of and this group showed up I'd either demand they leave or I'd leave myself. I'd flat out refuse to march with them. Then I'd make it as public as possible that I'd either kicked them out or left myself. That I detested their message and refused to even appear to be with them.

I have yet to see that anywhere.

His excuse rings hollow to me for this reason. If there is a march or protest that I was part of and this group showed up I'd either demand they leave or I'd leave myself. I'd flat out refuse to march with them. Then I'd make it as public as possible that I'd either kicked them out or left myself. That I detested their message and refused to even appear to be with them.

I have yet to see that anywhere.

Oh shoot. Maybe ya just don git the personality of people that are passionate bout somethin. These people, I know many good people like this that can not understand taking down tokens of there heritage. Shoot, evertime I drive through Spanish Fark I see some hick floatin a confederate flag off the bed of his pickup. I here Christians all the time sayin hows there way of life bein attacked. I here all these foreigners complainin bout ARE politics. What the hell they got to do meddling in ARE affairs? Typical liberal control freaks.

See, think is ya need to understand these people care about thinks to an maybe support from any angle is simply support. They gathering to protest they ain't tryin ta decipher who is this or that that ain't there focus it is the historical monument they care about. So your holier then thou statement is quit insulting an not understanding of basic human nature. Deep down you know there is good people that against these removals cause they feel there Heritage threatened. Maybe they are misguided but at least they is still good people with good intentions. You should show more sim paths toward them an not look down yer nose cause ya don understand em.

Because whether it's sympathizing or enabling, it's still support. Which appears to be what you're doing.

As a nation, we can not move, nor be moving towards hate. Even if you label them Antifa, they're not generating hate(which WILL lead to violence) like Unite the Right is. Reacting to, sure, but not generating.

If you really don't want violence, you can't just wait it out. The violence will happen. You have to be open, and you have to actually discuss it. You have to weed it out from the stem. The government shouldn't need to get involved. The public should. And they are.

It's tiring to go against something that's only happening in your head, if you really want to think that I'm supporting Nazis and KKK by saying and showing why I don't like ANTIFA go have it, be happy and believe you have done your part to "stop fascism"

You know what is really funny though? You saying "You have to be open, and you have to actually discuss it" Hard to discuss something when you are automatically labeled as something you aren't.

No civility here indeed.

Suppressing speech is a facist thing to do though.

I'm sure some of them are an anarchist, some are communist and some are just people who want to oppose the alt-right. Probably a mix of ideologies who share a few common goals in the current climate.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Imagine we are sitting around a table enjoying a holiday feast. I turn to you and say "Will you pass me the ham." You pass me the plate of ham but I say "No, the ham" as I Point to the mashed potatoes. you say "Uh, that's potatoes." I reply I eat ham and I eat that therefore that is ham." Imagine the look you would have on your face. That's the look I have on my face right now.

Many times, as is the case with ham or potatoes, the concept isn't all that complex and a simple dictionary search will be enough to educate you. In the case of fascism, as used here, a dictionary search would be enough to inform you that you have the wrong word but not really enough for you to understand the term. Our political thought is complex and often requires a little more reading, context, and historical perspective. If you are unwillingly to put in the effort to understand a term then you really shouldn't use it. This only debases language which in turns stifles thought. You can point at political things you don't like and say "That's bad.", but don't say fascist when you are pointing at a potato.

Imagine we are sitting around a table enjoying a holiday feast. I turn to you and say "Will you pass me the ham." You pass me the plate of ham but I say "No, the ham" as I Point to the mashed potatoes. you say "Uh, that's potatoes." I reply I eat ham and I eat that therefore that is ham." Imagine the look you would have on your face. That's the look I have on my face right now.

Many times, as is the case with ham or potatoes, the concept isn't all that complex and a simple dictionary search will be enough to educate you. In the case of fascism, as used here, a dictionary search would be enough to inform you that you have the wrong word but not really enough for you to understand the term. Our political thought is complex and often requires a little more reading, context, and historical perspective. If you are unwillingly to put in the effort to understand a term then you really shouldn't use it. This only debases language which in turns stifles thought. You can point at political things you don't like and say "That's bad.", but don't say fascist when you are pointing at a potatoe.

Your analogy makes 0 sense as I didn't call anything "fascist", I just said they share a certain tactic of fascist. Repressing speech is a tactic of fascist regimes.

It's tiring to go against something that's only happening in your head, if you really want to think that I'm supporting Nazis and KKK by saying and showing why I don't like ANTIFA go have it, be happy and believe you have done your part to "stop fascism"

You know what is really funny though? You saying "You have to be open, and you have to actually discuss it" Hard to discuss something when you are automatically labeled as something you aren't.

No civility here indeed.

How have your messages been anything short of sympathetic or enabling for a hate group? The "ANTIFA" you seem to be referring to is a bastardized American thing, and an extreme, extermist minority of the left. You appear to believe that they're the only people counter protesting, and stand on that platform as can be seen from the response to Stroked's post here:

I think you have a very naive view of what ANTIFA really is and what are their goals, here is a very constructive read from the Red Guards, an ANTIFA chapter from Austin: http://redguardsaustin.wordpress.com/2017/05/03/fight-fail-fight-again-fail-again-fight-again-until-victory/

You got one thing right though, ANTIFA will not hate you based on your skin tone, orientation or religion, they will hate you if you just disagree with them.

When facing the likes of the Klan, and other various demonstrably hate oriented militant groups, of course people are gonna fall behind a militant shield. But they're not the leaders, they're not the heart of the message. I can't say the same for the Unite the Right movement.

Your analogy makes 0 sense as I didn't call anything "fascist", I just said they share a certain tactic of fascist. Repressing speech is a tactic of fascist regimes.

Dutch said "Antifa are fascist"
I said "Uh, no thems potatoes."
You said "They kinda are fascist"

That makes sense because fascists are known for suppressing hate speach.

hint:fascists are known for the opposite of that.

I have already made the relevant argument to this latest post of yours.

For fascists these are not tactics they are the goal.

How have your messages been anything short of sympathetic or enabling for a hate group? The "ANTIFA" you seem to be referring to is a bastardized American thing, and an extreme, extermist minority of the left. You appear to believe that they're the only people counter protesting, and stand on that platform as can be seen from the response to Stroked's post here:

When facing the likes of the Klan, and other various demonstrably hate oriented militant groups, of course people are gonna fall behind a militant shield. But they're not the leaders, they're not the heart of the message. I can't say the same for the Unite the Right movement.

I started to talk about ANTIFA because people started to talk wonders about them. Did anywhere I say they are the only ones counter protesting? No. Did anywhere I say something against the other organizations counter protesting? No. Did anywhere I say any organization, including ANTIFA, haven't the right to counter protest? No. See how you build something in your head just to find the enemy in me? How often you do the same with others?

In the other hand, you acknowledge that ANTIFA is an "extremist minority of the left", but you have no problems associating with them because "they're not the leaders, they're not the heart of the message". Isn't that the same thing that was criticized about the alt-right and their relations with extremist right wing groups? Why something that was obviously bad for a group now is a good thing for another? Or do you think there's a "good" extremism and a "bad" extremism?

Who other than the obvious trolls have said this?

Sorry, wasn't referring to posts on this board, as I haven't even bothered to read much in this thread.

Mostly referring to my friends and relatives on FB. I can somewhat understand people voting for Trump because they hated Hillary, but I'll never understand these people who rush in to defend and make light of such things as bragging about committing sexual assault and sticking up for Nazis as good people. Yet, that's exactly what so many people are doing.

Some of the crap I've seen on FB is so ****ing stupid, it makes me wonder how these people dress themselves. During his campaign, Trump said something about how even if he was caught on video murdering someone, his supporters would still stand by him. At this point, it seems obvious that wasn't an exaggeration in the least.

I started to talk about ANTIFA because people started to talk wonders about them. Did anywhere I say they are the only ones counter protesting? No. Did anywhere I say something against the other organizations counter protesting? No. Did anywhere I say any organization, including ANTIFA, haven't the right to counter protest? No. See how you build something in your head just to find the enemy in me? How often you do the same with others?

In the other hand, you acknowledge that ANTIFA is an "extremist minority of the left", but you have no problems associating with them because "they're not the leaders, they're not the heart of the message". Isn't that the same thing that was criticized about the alt-right and their relations with extremist right wing groups? Why something that was obviously bad for a group now is a good thing for another? Or do you think there's a "good" extremism and a "bad" extremism?

No, and the reason why is because of the message. ANTIFA, in this situation, is coming under the message of a group not born of hate. I can't say the same for the opposite side.

The nationalist right is saying that the Nazi was attacked first and he was trying to get away to save himself.

/grabs popcorn

The nationalist right is saying that the Nazi was attacked first and he was trying to get away to save himself.

/grabs popcorn

Yeah, they also said it was an Anti-Trump, Anti-Fascist guy that murdered people. So... *shrug*

No, and the reason why is because of the message. ANTIFA, in this situation, is coming under the message of a group not born of hate. I can't say the same for the opposite side.

Wrong. They are hater haters that is there mission statement duh. An I am a antifa hater so I am an hater hater hater.