What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
he has a classy network of friends ?
Many of these are people he played against in high school, people who have just associated with him and aren’t like his friends. They all still have good to say about him. He’s not perfect like any of us. As a face of a franchise and leader, it’s kind of irrelevant what Rudy did or didn’t do, he has to be better. You’d never see a guy like Damian Lillard handle a situation like this because it’s bad for your team and the franchise you play for to hash that out publicly like was done. It’s bad for your teammates who will also have to and have had to deal with those questions because of the reports. It was a selfish bad moment. I’m not sure it defines him. Does DM think Joe Ingles Wanted to have to answer those questions because he chose to make it public? He certainly has to be better as a face of the franchise and leader and hopefully he grows and learns from this moment. It was a bad moment that makes for drama his teammates and the organization didn’t need no doubt. But what’s done is done and now you move forward.

Last edited:
What could you get for Gobert? Maybe something with the Bulls? I read Lavine/markkanen are both unhappy. Lavine/markkanen or carter for Gobert.

Again, nothing I want but Gobert for Paul George? I actually think this makes clippers champions.

Philly is a mess, maybe something around embiid / Gobert?

Maybe something with the Suns around a oubre/ayton for Gobert?

or Lastly, something with Golden State? Klay and their lotto pick for Gobert? I can’t see them doing that but I’d love that lotto pick and I think Klay could be amazing.

just some thoughts.

What could you get for Gobert? Maybe something with the Bulls? I read Lavine/markkanen are both unhappy. Lavine/markkanen or carter for Gobert.

Again, nothing I want but Gobert for Paul George? I actually think this makes clippers champions.

or Lastly, something with Golden State? Klay and their lotto pick for Gobert? I can’t see them doing that but I’d love that lotto pick and I think Klay could be amazing.

just some thoughts.
I honestly don’t know what Rudys market is at all.

Not that I’m trying to trade Rudy, nor do I think it has a chance of happening, but I’d shoot for Brown + Smart for Gobert. I actually think the Celtics might be better (core of Kemba, Hayward, Tatum, Gobert) and it’d give us a killer 1-4 (with Bogie at the 4).

Not that I’m trying to trade Rudy, nor do I think it has a chance of happening, but I’d shoot for Brown + Smart for Gobert. I actually think the Celtics might be better (core of Kemba, Hayward, Tatum, Gobert) and it’d give us a killer 1-4 (with Bogie at the 4).

Bogie (Bogey sp?) isn't a killer bro ... he is borderline dangerous when he is on.

just some thoughts.

Zero chance we could get Embiid for Gobert. And the Sixers shouldn’t want a Simmons/Gobert duo starting.

Last edited:
But if we trade Rudy for not a 5... Huston we could have a problem here!

What do you think about Tony as a starter instead of Rudy? And if not, are there some good free agents?

But if we trade Rudy for not a 5... Huston we could have a problem here!

What do you think about Tony as a starter instead of Rudy? And if not, are there some good free agents?

If I got Jaylen Brown or Beal in return for Rudy, than Bradley can have the 5 spot until something better comes along.

Gobert for John Collins and Capella? I’m not down but do you think that’s fair trade value?

You won’t get that.

I feel like we are minimizing Rudy’s value. Gobert is a 2x all nba, 2 x dpoy, current All star in his prime. The dude is flipping good. I feel like we can get that. We should get an all star or a potential all star in whatever trade we could make in return.

I feel like we are minimizing Rudy’s value. Gobert is a 2x all nba, 2 x dpoy, current All star in his prime. The dude is flipping good. I feel like we can get that. We should get an all star or a potential all star in whatever trade we could make in return.
He is but Andre Drummond is good too and look what he yielded. The problem is going to be there’s only one year left on that contract, and once the franchise sides with Donovan, Rudy’s out anyway. His value would be higher if there were years on that contract, but there aren’t.

Last edited:
If you traded Gobert for Jaylen Brown, we could do a number of things at C. Regardless, we would have an upgrade of athleticism, perimeter defense and postseason scoring.

Another trade partner could be Brooklyn. They are reportedly willing to trade some of their young guys (Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie) for another "star". Could Allen be Gobert light? Could we get Musa? Wouldn't Gobert fit Durant and Kyrie perfectly?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If you traded Gobert for Jaylen Brown, we could do a number of things at C. Regardless, we would have an upgrade of athleticism, perimeter defense and postseason scoring.

Another trade partner could be Brooklyn. They are reportedly willing to trade some of their young guys (Allen, LeVert, Dinwiddie) for another "star". Could Allen be Gobert light? Could we get Musa? Wouldn't Gobert fit Durant and Kyrie perfectly?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Allen sort of sucks but yes. I’d add Harris to that list too. Do that, sign Udoh and the best God damn stretch 4 who plays defense and rebounds.

Flat out anyone who thinks Mitchell is better than Gobert is blind and doesnt actually watch Jazz games.

That isnt slander, it's verifiable facts.

Mitchell-Dinwiddie
LeVert-Clarkson
Bogdanovic-Harris
O’Neale-Ingles
Udoh-Allen

We’d probably only win like 44 games in the west. I don’t know.