What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
People seem to forget that one of the statues sitting out front of the arena happens to be of player who was undersized as well but that doesn't seem to matter.
No one forgets that. Stockton wasn't an "almost superstar" chucker. He averaged 10.5 APG, vs Mitchell's 4. Stockton averaged 2.2 steals per game vs Donovan's 1.2. Stockton averaged over 51% on field goals, Mitchell 44%.

Mitchell isn't Stockton.

No one forgets that. Stockton wasn't an "almost superstar" chucker. He averaged 10.5 APG, vs Mitchell's 4. Stockton averaged 2.2 steals per game vs Donovan's 1.2. Stockton averaged over 51% on field goals, Mitchell 44%.

Mitchell isn't Stockton.
I'm not saying Mitchell is Stockton just making the comparison that they are both undersized. You can be undersized and still succeed. I agree Donovan NEEDS to become more efficient but what is more likely to happen? The 23 year becoming more efficient? or the 28 year old center developing anything that resembles some sort of offensive game?

I’m not necessarily advocating (okay **** it I am) for this but if we did and others involved were into it, I’d do:

• Gobert for Myles Turner and 1st
  • Bogey and Davis for Draymond
  • Conley for a bag of chips
  • Sign Fred VanVleet-4/80
  • Sign Marcus Morris-2/30
  • Sign Joe Harris to MLE
I’d love to see what that team could do. **** our nice guy image. Go out and construct a team so opponents are scared to play us. Especially if we use both 1sts, and guys like Bradley, etcetera to perhaps move up and go after a naturally really good effing athletic scorer around 12-13 in the draft.

VanVleet
Mitchell-O’Neale
Ingles-Harris
Green-Morris
Turner

That would be our core 8. The 1st first round pick and guys like Brantley, Morgan, Oni and Bradley could earn some burn too. When we’re up 30 late in the 3rd of every ****ing game. I wanna destroy fools. That team would be insane on defense. Have nasty attitude. Every guy has he abilities to shoot.

I’m not necessarily advocating (okay **** it I am) for this but if we did and others involved were into it, I’d do:

• Gobert for Myles Turner and 1st
  • Bogey and Davis for Draymond
  • Conley for a bag of chips
  • Sign Fred VanVleet-4/80
  • Sign Marcus Morris-2/30
  • Sign Joe Harris to MLE
I’d love to see what that team could do. **** our nice guy image. Go out and construct a team so opponents are scared to play us. Especially if we use both 1sts, and guys like Bradley, etcetera to perhaps move up and go after a naturally really good effing athletic scorer around 12-13 in the draft.

VanVleet
Mitchell-O’Neale
Ingles-Harris
Green-Morris
Turner

That would be our core 8. The 1st first round pick and guys like Brantley, Morgan, Oni and Bradley could earn some burn too. When we’re up 30 late in the 3rd of every ****ing game. I wanna destroy fools. That team would be insane on defense. Have nasty attitude. Every guy has he abilities to shoot.

Honestly I’d be down to give VanVleet more then that. I love the guy.

I'm not saying Mitchell is Stockton just making the comparison that they are both undersized. You can be undersized and still succeed. I agree Donovan NEEDS to become more efficient but what is more likely to happen? The 23 year becoming more efficient? or the 28 year old center developing anything that resembles some sort of offensive game?
You are killing this discussion. Well done.

Mitchell has done more in his first 2.5 years than some Hall of Famers. This season, he is averaging 25ppg, 4apg, and 4rpg even though his efficiency needs to get better. Off the court, he is a star and good guy.

We should only trade Rudy if we have to due to this rift, his desire to leave, or his desire to get too much money. We shouldn't consider trading Donovan at all. Not one bit

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

You are killing this discussion. Well done.

Mitchell has done more in his first 2.5 years than some Hall of Famers. This season, he is averaging 25ppg, 4apg, and 4rpg even though his efficiency needs to get better. Off the court, he is a star and good guy.

We should only trade Rudy if we have to due to this rift, his desire to leave, or his desire to get too much money. We shouldn't consider trading Donovan at all. Not one bit

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This. I’m not saying I want to move Rudy. I would much rather see both of them succeed together in a Jazz uni. But if push came to shove and you absolutely have to choose 1. I’m taking Don and not thinking twice about it.

The best success we had this year was more or less with point guard by committee. Mitchell excelled with the ball in his hands more. Playing Mitchell alongside any traditional PG will yield less than ideal results imo. I think you pair him with a big 2-way wing who can make plays when needed. Klay Thompson in place of Conley and we are championship bound. Even 2/3 of Thompson and we are serious contenders. Conley has to go. That's the one we keep skimming over.

The best success we had this year was more or less with point guard by committee. Mitchell excelled with the ball in his hands more. Playing Mitchell alongside any traditional PG will yield less than ideal results imo. I think you pair him with a big 2-way wing who can make plays when needed. Klay Thompson in place of Conley and we are championship bound. Even 2/3 of Thompson and we are serious contenders. Conley has to go. That's the one we keep skimming over.
Agreed, a profile like Klay (my dream) in place of Mike would fit perfectly fit with the team (and especially with DM).

Thought it worth mentioning, it is pretty eye opening to see how different Kevin Pelton’s story on Gobert and Mitchell is on the ESPN app versus everything I’ve seen on bleacher report. Really helps you see how the reporter can emphasize certain things to shape their own narrative. The Kevin Pelton article is definitely worth a read, is more detailed, and in my opinion much more optimistic. I’d share a link but since it’s an app idk. But google it.

I think this is where I’m at at this point. Unless this whole situation is a ploy for Donovan that he wants to be traded, I think the Jazz would be wise to not try to force this situation even if it’s somewhat repairable.

You do not want to get 6 months into next season and have a falling out. Like it’s just never going to be the same after this even though I think they’ll make it work if they have to. DO NOT GET TO A JERRY SLOAN DERON WILLIAMS BOILING POINT BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO AVOID THE HARD FACT THERE ARE ISSUES AND TENSION. Then you just lose them both. The Jazz need to be a bit more reactive here for several reasons.

1-Donovan is still young and you could probably gain enough from the Gobert trade to turn things back around within a season or two.
2-Rudy’s looming supermax and ability to walk away for nothing.
3-just side with Donovan and make it clear this is his franchise solely, and that you back him 100%. It will mean something to him if you just jump to his side. To an extent I think they kind of have, but just do why needs to be done before we get to that boiling point where neither want to be here. Staying in the middle and trying to ignore issues is just going to upset both sides.
4-We’ve reaches our ceiling with Rudy. Rudy is a great floor. You’ll always be a playoff team but I think there’s also a lower ceiling than we’d like to reach. I do not think Rudy can be the best player on a championship team. I don’t at all. He makes you a playoff team, but you won’t reach your ultimate goal.

I think the Jazz need to face some hard truths here and not ignore this. I even think it would be wise to move Rudy before the next season gets here. I know that’s a bit reactive but DMs silence is obvious. And if he truly isn’t using this as a way to demand a trade and he’s truly committed to the Jazz and SLC, jump fully to his side, and move forward instead of trying to force a strained relationship and lose both eventually and I think that’s my final point of where I stand on this.

I don’t believe their relationship is unsalvageable, but if god forbid we have to trade someone. You trade Mitchell he’s too small doesn’t consistently finish inside. It’s hard to build a championship team around a 6-1 scoring sg or pg for that matter.

been seeing a lot of YouTubers doing trade scenario’s with the jazz suggesting trades involving Gobert. One trade fought my eye. Gobert for Spencer Dinwiddie, Carius Levert and Jarrett Allen. I might consider that for Mitchell. I would have no interest in trading Gobert.

Thought it worth mentioning, it is pretty eye opening to see how different Kevin Pelton’s story on Gobert and Mitchell is on the ESPN app versus everything I’ve seen on bleacher report. Really helps you see how the reporter can emphasize certain things to shape their own narrative. The Kevin Pelton article is definitely worth a read, is more detailed, and in my opinion much more optimistic. I’d share a link but since it’s an app idk. But google it.
If you can’t be bothered to send a link don’t bother mentioning the ****ing article or at the very least give a short rundown. How the hell do I google it without knowing the tittle?

If you can’t be bothered to send a link don’t bother mentioning the ****ing article or at the very least give a short rundown. How the hell do I google it without knowing the tittle?

I gave the authors name. Literally just type Kevin Pelton and anything such as Gobert, Mitchell, Utah, etc and you can find it. Didn’t realize I was talking to a senior citizen, my apologies douche.

I gave the authors name. Literally just type Kevin Pelton and anything such as Gobert, Mitchell, Utah, etc and you can find it. Didn’t realize I was talking to a senior citizen, my apologies douche.
Then why the **** didn’t you just do that as the one bringing it up. It’s common ****ing sense if you reference an article, you provide a link, idiot!!

Then why the **** didn’t you just do that as the one bringing it up. It’s common ****ing sense if you reference an article, you provide a link, idiot!!

Alright dog, I’m not trying to put anyone down, next time I’ll try to include a link.