What's new

Choose Gobert or Donovan, you can't have both!

Build the future of Utah Jazz

• Rudy Gobert

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Donovan Mitchell

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters
If you think you can build a team that can contend in the next 2-3 years. You go with Rudy, it's a no brainer. But if you think a rebuild would be necessary, you keep Mitchell or trade him along with Rudy and do restart it from scratch.

No one should be traded, though and I doubt they will be.

Neither is the superstar that would lead the Jazz to a chip. Neither can take over a series and put the team on his back. We aren't talking about Stockton/Malone with either (and not even those two could bring a championship to the Jazz). Rudy is one-dimensional and has serious offensive flaws. He has to be spoon-fed in order to put up respectable offensive numbers. Donovan is a midget. He's really a tweener and, IMO, Jazz would be better served bringing in a big off-guard who can shoot 3's and moving Donovan to PG.

TBH, I'd trade either or both of them and wouldn't even blink if the offer(s) were good enough. But neither would return hign enough value. And the PR fallout to Utah would be devastating. No players of note would ever want to make a commitment to Utah, knowing that the Jazz wouldn't hesitate to trade them. So you content yourself to having the Jazz be the next-tier down from the big dogs of the league, unless you were able to somehow hit on an incredible gem that would be that third all-star caliber player.

Did you contact @Jason or @colton before you started using jazzfanz.com to advertise your content on another platform?
I mean articles get posted here constantly. Would you rather I just copied and pasted the text in a post? What’s the point? Better not put Trib posts or ESPN here without permission either. It’s all Jazz related. Grow up.

If you think you can build a team that can contend in the next 2-3 years. You go with Rudy, it's a no brainer. But if you think a rebuild would be necessary, you keep Mitchell or trade him along with Rudy and do restart it from scratch.

No one should be traded, though and I doubt they will be.
You aren’t rebuilding ANYTHING in 2-3 years if Rudy’s getting paid $40-50 million a year. It’s Donovan and it’s not close.

Neither is the superstar that would lead the Jazz to a chip. Neither can take over a series and put the team on his back. We aren't talking about Stockton/Malone with either (and not even those two could bring a championship to the Jazz). Rudy is one-dimensional and has serious offensive flaws. He has to be spoon-fed in order to put up respectable offensive numbers. Donovan is a midget. He's really a tweener and, IMO, Jazz would be better served bringing in a big off-guard who can shoot 3's and moving Donovan to PG.

TBH, I'd trade either or both of them and wouldn't even blink if the offer(s) were good enough. But neither would return hign enough value. And the PR fallout to Utah would be devastating. No players of note would ever want to make a commitment to Utah, knowing that the Jazz wouldn't hesitate to trade them. So you content yourself to having the Jazz be the next-tier down from the big dogs of the league, unless you were able to somehow hit on an incredible gem that would be that third all-star caliber player.
We know what Rudy is, Donovan at age 23 can absolutely turn into that player and has shown flashes of it. He’s a couple years away from his prime and is far closer to a player that can carry you to a title than Rudy.

I mean articles get posted here constantly. Would you rather I just copied and pasted the text in a post? What’s the point? Better not put Trib posts or ESPN here without permission either. It’s all Jazz related. Grow up.
I am happy to have your content and your posts and you as a poster.

I welcome you.

Let me be clear, I am not staff here and I do not represent staff here. My response to you was not an attempt at "backseat moderating"... well ****, okay, it kind of was. However, in the illustrious words of our Commander-in-Chief "I didn't actually say the stuff I said."

No but seriously. I think if you're gonna join and start posting links to other sites with your published content you should say "hi" to the site administrators and get on the same page as to how that works here.

It's more of an etiquette thing than anything else.

You know, all the drama with Rudy and Donovan and the team in general just proves one thing.
Burks was the glue that held the team together. They miss him. This would never happen if Burks were still a jazzman.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app