What's new

Coach Q Quote on Starting Enes or Rudy

Sexual Favors

Enes and Rudy. Everyone wants to know if we're going to start Enes or Rudy. They were pretty good together tonight.

From the post game. Ipad and JF won't let me paste link from 1280 right now.

Now Dennis Lindsey from jan 16th interview on Rudy, Enes, and Derrick
Frabkly, I think there's enough minutes, enough shots, and enough money going forward with what we've done to the cap. We could keep them together if we see fit.

If we can get Enes on a good deal, it would make sense to keep all 3 and play whoever is playing well.

I don't think we'll be able to get Enes on a good deal.

I've been wondering for the past couple of weeks, what do jazzfanzers consider a good deal for Enes? What's the max amount of money you would give him and feel good about it?

For me I think about 8m is the mark... I think anything above 10 would be horrible.

$10/year would be my limit, and I wouldn't be overly thrilled with it.

So knowing us, we'll probably give him $12/year.

Kanter/Favors/Gobert should all hover around the same amount of minutes , Booker is expendable at this point and should be getting the least amount of minutes. If Gobert is on the floor, Favors or Kanter needs to be playing PF.

I've been wondering for the past couple of weeks, what do jazzfanzers consider a good deal for Enes? What's the max amount of money you would give him and feel good about it?

For me I think about 8m is the mark... I think anything above 10 would be horrible.

$10/year would be my limit, and I wouldn't be overly thrilled with it.

So knowing us, we'll probably give him $12/year.

8 and 10 aren't going to be what 8 and 10 used to be. I don't think either are realistic, and it's our own fault for how we managed him with Corbin and PT in the past. Should've known more by end of last season so we could've given him a number he felt was on point, instead of having to deal with inflated contracts of this offseason. Either way, it's not a huge deal. Read the thread "Kanter's influence on our salary cap" by Hedda Gambler for a nice breakdown of why the only logical move is to sign him at almost any cost this offseason.

3 years plus a team option on a 4th year - around 35-39 million total.

Quin is playing this so perfectly. He is pulling the focus away from having to choose between the two, so it will not be he situation of "hey. we really wanna move this guy and need smaller game piece in exchange", but instead "hey. we looked at this guy as one of our franchise players so you better come up with something valuable in exchange".

Quin is playing this so perfectly. He is pulling the focus away from having to choose between the two, so it will not be he situation of "hey. we really wanna move this guy and need smaller game piece in exchange", but instead "hey. we looked at this guy as one of our franchise players so you better come up with something valuable in exchange".

Or maybe, just maybe you're over thinking this.

Our draft pick this year will likely be another wing.

With Dante, Alec, Hayward, Hood all having a lot of potential at the wing, and with Hayward's added mass, Hayward could be our small 4 when we need someon to play that.

Keeping 3 legit bigs is not a bad idea.

Everyone thinks "ooooh the cap is going up max eeeerryone." Every players in the leagues salary is going up bros, it's not some kind of magic.

8 and 10 aren't going to be what 8 and 10 used to be. I don't think either are realistic, and it's our own fault for how we managed him with Corbin and PT in the past. Should've known more by end of last season so we could've given him a number he felt was on point, instead of having to deal with inflated contracts of this offseason. Either way, it's not a huge deal. Read the thread "Kanter's influence on our salary cap" by Hedda Gambler for a nice breakdown of why the only logical move is to sign him at almost any cost this offseason.

And as I said in the Hedda Gambler's thread, I think we can get better player(s) for the amount Kanter will most likely cost us(12+).

I don't know why you refuse to believe Enes is expendable. I can admit he is a good player, but is redundant. We need to round out the roster.

He is expendable, just like everyone else is until we start winning.

Redundant? No. He is our only big who can post up and still shoot 3's. He is our best offensive rebounder (one of the best in the league actually), and is our only big who shoots above 70% from the FT line (he shoots 82%). He's not redundant.

Favors and Gobert might be redundant from a skillset standpoint, but that is probably a luxury more thab a redundancy.

Our team needs better wing players to help Hayward, and better PG's to feed our bigs and stem the opposing offensive penetration at the source, right?

^well, we have Dante who is developing, and Neto who we haven't even seen in the NBa yet, trading for another PG is probably premature and could stunt Dante's growth: a prospect who could be our franchise player.

As for wings, we have Alec and Hood, and a lotto pick coming in the wing portion of this draft.

As for money? With the cap, our situation and contract structuring, etc. is not an issue.

Best course of action? Sit tight unless someone offers something that blows you away.

Rudy, Enes, and Derrick can all get 32 mins-a-piece.

And as I said in the Hedda Gambler's thread, I think we can get better player(s) for the amount Kanter will most likely cost us(12+).

So if that's your position, you should sign him and then trade him when the value is on your side again. Trading him now couldn't possibly fetch his value because of his expiring contract, and letting him walk is bad business when you consider where we're at financially.

Expiring contracts are only valuable for teams who acquire them as salary dumps accompanied with picks.