What's new

College Football *2015*

Three different things I'm now waiting on proof from you. Blanket generalizations from you bruh...
You will continue to wait....... Discussing college football with ugli is like discussing anything with dutch, race relations with highland homie, or the English language with the punk phenomenon.

You won't get anywhere

Isn't BYU known for being overly harsh in their punishments? How is that BYU in a nutshell?
They are overly harsh when punishing off field incidents. When punishing on field incidents they don't really punish much at all. They are not in a conference and they take full advantage of not having that when dealing with punishments.

They are overly harsh when punishing off field incidents. When punishing on field incidents they don't really punish much at all. They are not in a conference and they take full advantage of not having that when dealing with punishments.
Good post.
So do teams in conference also do nothing for on field stuff and just let the conference dole out punishments? I honestly don't know how it works

Fwiw, iirc byu did suspend 4 players for the Nebraska game stemming from the brawl in the bowl game last year (on the field incident)

That kid ain't getting suspended. Book it.
I hope you are right. I'm a fan after all.

I actually think a suspension is warranted (at least a half game) but I hope he doesn't get suspended

They should suspend him for the wagner game

I hope you are right. I'm a fan after all.

I actually think a suspension is warranted (at least a half game) but I hope he doesn't get suspended

They should suspend him for the wagner game

Bronco actually came out yesterday and said the course of action is internal discipline, with no suspension. Heading into the UCLA/Michigan weeks, I think a BYU starter would have to publicly molest a monkey, on camera, on Temple Square grounds just to miss a Quarter.

Bronco actually came out yesterday and said the course of action is internal discipline, with no suspension. Heading into the UCLA/Michigan weeks, I think a BYU starter would have to publicly molest a monkey, on camera, on Temple Square grounds just to miss a Quarter.

I don't think U fans have any room to speak about suspensions to players for stuff.

That being said, I agree he should have been suspended the UCLA game, as if my opinion matters.

It's official, no suspension for Lapuaho. I guess it's BYU's fault the governing body didn't suspend him?
Personally, I think he should have been suspended at least a half, if not a full game.

I would hope so. Been a long time since byu has had a special season and being ranked and undefeated with a qb that is the talk of the town and a tough schedule while your starting qb, best d-lineman, and top running back are already out and not much overall depth..... It would really suck to lose another guy at such a crucial time in a crucial season.

I don't know if my question was answered when I asked about what teams in conferences do as far as disciplining their players for on the field unsportsmanlike penalties. Do they self discipline or let the conference decide?
Maybe one of the advantages of independence is that there isn't a conference to hand out discipline and its left up to the individual team.
Would be nice to finally have independence be advantageous for something..... Being independent is a disadvantage for recruiting, scheduling, money making, using other conferences officials, etc etc etc in comparison to p5 schools.

Nice to finally have a benefit to this independence crap I guess

It's official, no suspension for Lapuaho. I guess it's BYU's fault the governing body didn't suspend him?
Personally, I think he should have been suspended at least a half, if not a full game.
Of course it's byu's fault. It always is

FWIW, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala said that BYU players would punch him in the nuts at the bottom of every post-tackle pile. It was the only game of the year he had to wear that kind of protection.

In other words, this is a time-honored BYU tradition. Maybe they think they're doing God's justice on the evil seed of the Gentile?

FWIW, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala said that BYU players would punch him in the nuts at the bottom of every post-tackle pile. It was the only game of the year he had to wear that kind of protection.

In other words, this is a time-honored BYU tradition. Maybe they think they're doing God's justice on the evil seed of the Gentile?
Fwiw, if chris fuamatu-ma'afala's own teammate's foot/helmet/elbow/whatever hit him in the groin in a pile up during a byu game he would probably say it was a byu player intentionally punching him in the nuts.
Dat hyperbole of rivalries doe

Fwiw, if chris fuamatu-ma'afala's own teammate's foot/helmet/elbow/whatever hit him in the groin in a pile up during a byu game he would probably say it was a byu player intentionally punching him in the nuts.
Dat hyperbole of rivalries doe

Why does fishonjazz play the "I'm rubber you're glue" game with every post about BYU?

Why does fishonjazz play the "I'm rubber you're glue" game with every post about BYU?
Why are there so many ute fans obsessed with byu?

We may never know the answer to your question or mine.

I agree with you though that my behavior can be strange sometimes. I don't even know why I say the things I say sometimes

The rivalry has led us all to say stupid stuff at times. But, BYU does have a reputation for punching people in the nuts... not just Utes. So, this isn't a rivalry thing, per se.

Disbelieve it if you want. Call it a rivalry thing if you want. It really doesn't matter, because cougars are still going for Gentile seed.

Fish, not sure what role conferences play in discipline. Obviously, it was Whitt's call to kick Domo off the team, as well as to bring him back. I do think BYU joined a governing body that oversees stuff like that but my best guess is maybe they only get involved when the deem the school isn't punishing players on their own accord?

Also, I wish we could move past this whole idea that insinuating BYU is a dirty team is just Ute Fan driven hyperbole. Hell, even I can admit that Ute fans will probably be the loudest bunch on the subject, but yesterday alone, guys like Danny Kannell and Michael Wilbon took BYU to task on the ESPN airwaves. It's obviously moved beyond rivalry smack talk. But then again, maybe the UofU has illuminati like power and is behind all of this.

Fish, not sure what role conferences play in discipline. Obviously, it was Whitt's call to kick Domo off the team, as well as to bring him back. I do think BYU joined a governing body that oversees stuff like that but my best guess is maybe they only get involved when the deem the school isn't punishing players on their own accord?

Also, I wish we could move past this whole idea that insinuating BYU is a dirty team is just Ute Fan driven hyperbole. Hell, even I can admit that Ute fans will probably be the loudest bunch on the subject, but yesterday alone, guys like Danny Kannell and Michael Wilbon took BYU to task on the ESPN airwaves. It's obviously moved beyond rivalry smack talk. But then again, maybe the UofU has illuminati like power and is behind all of this.
Goes both ways though.
I have often heard opposing teams say that it was weird to play byu due to how nice they were..... helping the opposition up, complimenting them on good plays, pats on the back, etc.

I think sometimes the negative things byu players do gets put under a microscope due to their supposed reputation for being holier than thou.